Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killap: FO2 is Brand NEW!!!

Question about Merli. He's not appearing, so the well in the Primitive Tribe is not be fixed. Any help would be appreciated.

agris said:
Woohoo, thanks killap!

.Pixote,

Regarding the EPA doors: I agree with Darek, it doesn't make much scientific or aesthetic sense to have the rusty doors in the fairly clean looking EPA. For the doors to rust they would have to be in contact with liquid phase water, and if that was the case then more than just the doors would be rusted. But more importantly, the aesthetics of it just doesn't look 'right' with the clean EPA walls / floors.
Eh, I haven't said a word on the matter. That was Skynet :)
To be honest I care mostly about game breaking or "original intent" breaking changes.

Maximous said:

Question about Merli. He's not appearing, so the well in the Primitive Tribe is not be fixed. Any help would be appreciated.

Merli should be there. It's the guy near the well but due to a bug, you won't be able to acomplish his task unless you rescue Sulik's sister first.

i don't know what is wrong, enemies take no damage sometimes (especially after I save/load in combat). The problem is only solved if i can escape my combat mode or flee the scene. Any idea?

EPA is great, loving it.

Got a question about the EPA. Was the only live doctor removed from there? He used to give you an agility bonus from a serum.

carpediem99 said:
Got a question about the EPA. Was the only live doctor removed from there? He used to give you an agility bonus from a serum.

Yes, he was removed, but I'm fairly certain the agility serum is still there somewhere.

The Doctor and his warehouse was based on an early draft of Black Isle's EPA design document. They later re-wrote the EPA design document, completely changing it.

When Chris Parks made his EPA map (which is the one the RP EPA is based off of) he decided to combine both versions of the EPA design document into one. However, we decided to remove the Doctor and base the RP's EPA solely on the later EPA design document.

Also, the doctor and his warehouse had a lot of things that didn't fit with the Fallout canon (such as implying that the doctor created most of the game's drugs, and several of its creatures). His presence also flew in the face of an EPA that's inhabited by nothing but robots and holograms.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah it wouldn't make sense for him to be there after all those years.

I couldn't find the serum during my run through but I'll continue to look for it.

:drummer: :boy: RP v.2.0 :drummer:

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

:salute: :salute: :salute:

...and this pretty much summarizes my feelings toward this discovery! Well done killap, there aren't enough languages for all the tnxs that you deserve for all your work. I salute you sir :salute: :)

I'm just curious - will there be more options in the future updates considering the dewd races/styles? It kinda asks for it...:)

SPC said:
Maximous said:

Merli should be there. It's the guy near the well but due to a bug, you won't be able to acomplish his task unless you rescue Sulik's sister first.

THANKS!

Can someone explain me please, how to get someone different out of the hibernation chamber inside the EPA blue level?.

My Char is a Big Guns, Science (Tag!), Speech, Lockpick guy with a very high karma. He never ever killed a child and all i can retrieve is that psychopathic idiot.
It's kinda weird, cause my *good guy* had to kill him right after he left the chamber, he would better left inside it. :)

I installed the RP 2 and did a quick run through the Temple and around Arroyo. I think all the new maps look very nice.

A few things I noticed while porting over a few modifications to RP 2 that may or may not be a problem:

1) The base pro files for the new potential party members (502, 503, 504) are correctly placed in master.dat by killap's batch file, but also remain in Fallout2\data\proto\critters as well. My understanding of the issues involved is that this may cause a problem, but I could be wrong (I deleted them just in case).

2) I noticed all three new potential party members have the same AI packet number assigned for their respective body types in aibodymsg.txt as well as aigenmsg.txt, which seems highly irregular to me (as if something went wrong while editing their AI packets in the mapper). I could be completely wrong about that, though, so if anyone has already picked up one of the new npcs perhaps you could comment on whether or not they are using the correct in-combat floats/combat taunts.

3) Maybe this was a bugfix from somewhere in the distant past, but I see that the somewhat obscure conversation the player can have with Cassidy about Myron if Myron is in the party (starting at Node1101 in vccasidy.int) is still disabled (as it was in RP 1.2 as well). While adding some extra conversation for Cassidy I also fixed this part for myself, but I'm wondering what the original reason was for taking that out/if it was just an oversight. On the subject of Cassidy, since he has some float text if booze is used on him why not also add a check to see if he's given a bottle of Abbey wine to drink? Also somewhere earlier in the thread someone mentioned something about unarmored Cassidy; killap actually used the "Evil Cassidy" animation for this (which is fine), but that could be a source of confusion during discussion since there is also an animation set called "Unarmored Cassidy" out there.

4) The Mordino slaves at the Stables are still set to fight on the side of their oppressors during combat. This has been brought up before and it seems like killap chose not to address it, so I think we can assume it's working the way he wants. However if you're not happy with this detail, just open up ncslave.int and change one line in map_enter_p_proc:

op_critter_add_trait(op_self_obj(), 1, 6, 58);

to:

op_critter_add_trait(op_self_obj(), 1, 6, 139);

5) Npcs that use the npc armor mod don't change their appearance while wearing environmental armor (this was also the case in RP 1.2, so perhaps that's the way killap wants it);

6) In the auto-installer, the option for the add-on npc armor mod says something like "Some npcs (Vic, Sulik, Miria) change their appearance based on the armor they wear." I picked this option while installing the RP 2, and while most of the right scripts were installed the mcmiria.int I ended up with didn't have any code for Miria changing her appearance (I fixed it for my own game). Perhaps this is intentional, but in that case the text in the installer should be changed so it doesn't mention Miria. killap also made a small but wise change so npcs will re-equip their weapon after changing their armor (good job, killap 8-) )

7) For Sulik and Cassidy (and probably other npcs, but I didn't look yet) killap added some new dialogue lines for them to report if they are poisoned or irradiated, but each of them already had several existing dialogue lines for these things in their msg files.

8) I know many other people have very pressing issues and killap will be busy for some time before getting down to truly trivial stuff, but if a detailed changelog was kept I'd be interested in knowing at some point what change was made between RP 1.2 and RP 2 to the file "ncprosti.msg" (as it's a huge file and going through line by line to look for changes will take me a very long time).

9) If you're using RP 2 with Windows 98, I'd recommend the following changes to ddraw.ini from the default setting that comes with RP 2 for Windows 98:

;Set to 1 to enable functions relating to overriding the file system (not available on win9x)
UseFileSystemOverride=0

;Set to 1 to use the fallout 1 code to control world map speed
WorldMapFPSPatch=0

;XX ;This will change the physical speed at which you move across the map
WorldMapFPS=25

;XX ;Only set to 1 if your systems high performance timer is unreliable for some reason
ForceLowResolutionTimer=1

;XX ;Set to 1 to enable Ray's patch to make world map encounter rate independent of your travel speed
WorldMapEncounterFix=1
WorldMapEncounterRate=1

BuxnaMan said:
Never had those problems on XP. In what folder did you install Fallout? Tried just simple C:\Fallout\ ?
Yaaaay! your suggestion worked! :clap: :clap: :mrgreen:
It's gonna be my first experience with a TRUE fallout game!

i can't get Skynet to equip weapons. i got the cybernetic brain and built him correctly, but pressing "use best weapon" does nothing, and he wont fight during combat.

agris said:
Regarding the EPA doors: it doesn't make much scientific or aesthetic sense to have the rusty doors in the fairly clean looking EPA. For the doors to rust they would have to be in contact with liquid phase water, and if that was the case then more than just the doors would be rusted. But more importantly, the aesthetics of it just doesn't look 'right' with the clean EPA walls / floors.
Regarding the doors - it was an attempt to differentiate the EPA from other Vault like facilities, if there is a feeling that “the aesthetics of it just doesn't look 'right' with the clean EPA walls / floors”, they can be changed in a future release. :roll:

*Actually I might build a new door for the EPA, it deserves it own unique artwork…don’t complain if you don’t like it…but I will try to make it fit in as naturally as possible into the visual style of Fallout.

*Might… :look:

OutcastBOS said:
Yaaaay! your suggestion worked! :clap: :clap: :mrgreen:
It's gonna be my first experience with a TRUE fallout game!

Glad I helped.
Good luck it's an epic game!

ONCE AGAIN I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE TO POST THEIR BUG REPORTS IN HERE SO IT IS NOT SUCH A MESS. JUST PLEASE EVERYONE POST THEM IF THEY ARE NOT ALREADY POSTED

miles of wasteland said:
i can't get Skynet to equip weapons. i got the cybernetic brain and built him correctly, but pressing "use best weapon" does nothing, and he wont fight during combat.
Check his combat settings and set him to "ranged" or something...

carpediem99 said:
Has anyone been able to find a serum at the EPA that gives you +1 agility? I can't seem to find it.
Nope, I have my doubts that it still exist. How about the Environmental Armor?

Endocore said:
1) The base pro files for the new potential party members (502, 503, 504) are correctly placed in master.dat by killap's batch file, but also remain in Fallout2\data\proto\critters as well. My understanding of the issues involved is that this may cause a problem, but I could be wrong (I deleted them just in case).
Are you sure you didn't accidentally add them with the Mapper? I don't have them anyway...
Check your C:\Fallout2\dev\proto\critters folder to make sure.

Endocore said:
2) I noticed all three new potential party members have the same AI packet number assigned for their respective body types in aibodymsg.txt as well as aigenmsg.txt, which seems highly irregular to me (as if something went wrong while editing their AI packets in the mapper). I could be completely wrong about that, though, so if anyone has already picked up one of the new npcs perhaps you could comment on whether or not they are using the correct in-combat floats/combat taunts.
Yes their combat floats work, at least as far as the correct line is used for the right person getting hit in the right body part.
I just tested. Anyway, it looks to me as if aibodymsg.txt and aigenmsg.txt are obsolete as the same info is in AI.txt (which is the one being used for the AI packets). My guess is killap just added the stuff into aibodymsg.txt and aigenmsg.txt just in case... though I may be wrong. Removing those two files made no difference to the new NPC's floats, they still worked.

Endocore said:
killap also made a small but wise change so npcs will re-equip their weapon after changing their armor (good job, killap 8-) )
Actually that would be (good job, me :P )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back