Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome news.. Thanks dudes..

Update,

I can't seem to save my games. Using XP SP3, Your latest version on a clean install of Fallout 2. Your rock shows the correct. version 2.0.2e

Installed steps,

Fallout 2 setup and humongous install to drive,

Installed your main,

Installed windows XP files,

Installed your patch 202e

Installed sfall 2.8 two files ddraw.ini and ddraw.dll.

Shows error for saving game,

"Error saving game!
Unable to save game."

Update #2
Never mind I've figured it out.

I've seen my mistakes.

The final folder that comes with this mod is called "batch_work". Copy the contents of this directory to your main Fallout 2 directory. Once copied, double click "f2.bat" from its new location. You should see a black window come up. It will go away after a few seconds.
I've forgotten this step.. doh on my part..

Thanks

WH :shock:

killap said:
Did you talk to Doc Jones again (after telling him to leave the vault) in the save game you sent me? (ie did he say his, "oh its great to see you again, blah blah, I'm happy helping these people, blah blah"?)
Yes, i'd talk to him in the tent. Game is saved after this dialog.

Forgot to add - I can save my games alright in new slots and overwrite them, but I can't overwrite any savegames from the previous version of the RP (2.0c I think).

Ravager69 said:
Forgot to add - I can save my games alright in new slots and overwrite them, but I can't overwrite any savegames from the previous version of the RP (2.0c I think).
So what happens when you try?
Maybe they have mysteriously become write protected?

can't save on Linux with WINE

Hi!

I installed Fallout 2 successful using WINE on Linux Mint 8, and it runs fine and I can save fine.
When I install the RP it still runs but I can't save anymore.
The WINE appdb page says I should fiddle with the file names, but making them all uppercase didn't change anything and I have no idea what they should be called...

Can anybody help?

Not sure if this is a real problem or not but I seem to have some lock ups or slow downs.

Was in a Kaga Encounter number 2 and it locked up completely.

World Travel seems to degrade quickly and slow down and stutter the mouse with lag.

Running i7 quad, windows 7, so not sure which problems to address.

For now.... until I can get a definate "it's just this, blah blah to fix" I'll deal with it.

Re: can't save on Linux with WINE

browncoat said:
Hi!

I installed Fallout 2 successful using WINE on Linux Mint 8, and it runs fine and I can save fine.
The WINE appdb page says I should fiddle with the file names, but making them all uppercase didn't change anything and I have no idea what they should be called...

Can anybody help?

Maybe this will help

Ok, I get an immediate crash to desktop in a Kaga encounter where he is wearing power armor (I believe the description is "some angry mercenaries"). I've tested a few times and it always happens when I move the combat/crosshair cursor over him, so maybe there's something messed up happening in the hit chance calculation? Is anyone else having this problem?

I can understand him growing in power over time, but this is ridiculous!

OK, I have absolutely no clue what to do in the EPA. Can anyone help? alls I did so far was disable the magnetic coils. that's it.

OutcastBOS said:
OK, I have absolutely no clue what to do in the EPA. Can anyone help? alls I did so far was disable the magnetic coils. that's it.

Then the holograms should no longer be stuck in a loop, so you'll be able to speak to them and they'll give you some quests.

killap said:
Heh, if you can wait about 2 weeks, there is a nice big update (2.1) on the way. It will fix many problems present in 2.0.

Will I be able to use my old (2.0e) savegames with 2.1? I'd hate to replay all of it since it's been so much fun so far.

Also, I did what I usually with the Bishops, ie becoming made man and then sleeping with both mom and daughter to get them out of harms way and then kill everyone else. However this time when I return Mrs Bishop acts like she should but Angela only has a floater that says "I know you're responsible for my father's death." or similar. I didn't assassinate Bishop (I shot him in the eyes with the LE Red Ryder), is this a bug?

BTW; the mutant armour dialog in the abbey seems to be broken, halfway through the dialog you switch lines with the merchant (his lines show up as your reply options and vice versa). It's still possible to get the armour but it's kinda weird.

Re: can't save on Linux with WINE

Mirr said:
browncoat said:
Hi!

Can anybody help?

Maybe this will help

Sadly nothing suggested in that thread helped.

EDIT: I stand coreccted. Manually patching the master.dat DOES work, if applied to a fresh installation.
Thanks a lot! :clap:

Darek said:
Ravager69 said:
So what happens when you try?
Maybe they have mysteriously become write protected?

I suppose, it'd make sense, really. Perhaps they became Read-only by accident?

A similar issue like i posted with the robbers this time with mercenaries against Caravan... in an encounter. The master (female) had a gold nugget to trade. just for the info..
The two caravan guards with mini guns didn´t use them. They came to fight against the mercenaries with bare fists.
As i shoot at one of them just then he starts shooting with....

Unfortunately i have no savegame it was near SF...

Dravean said:
OutcastBOS said:

Then the holograms should no longer be stuck in a loop, so you'll be able to speak to them and they'll give you some quests.
I did that, but the only quest I knew how to do was the greenhouse one, but that was because Cassidy was hellbent on killing all plants in the area. I can't find anything else related to the quests.

@browncoat Happy it worked for you.Just to say you will need MSVCP60.DLL to use f2_res.dll (for high resolution patch).Also I use little trick to get around In game mouse pointer lag problem...

Mirr said:
@browncoat Happy it worked for you.Just to say you will need MSVCP60.DLL to use f2_res.dll (for high resolution patch).Also I use little trick to get around In game mouse pointer lag problem...

Would you mind telling us that trick?

Also, it doesn't work with the newest patch 2.0.2e.
I guess I'll wait for 2.1 with a full installer and hope for the best ;)

OutcastBOS said:
Dravean said:
OutcastBOS said:

I did that, but the only quest I knew how to do was the greenhouse one, but that was because Cassidy was hellbent on killing all plants in the area. I can't find anything else related to the quests.

The walkthrough below is for the 'old' EPA but I guess it can still be of use:

http://numerometria.com/F2RP_WT.htm#epa

browncoat said:
Also, it doesn't work with the newest patch 2.0.2e.
What exactly do not work?Are you sure you extract it properly?Maybe there is some files with different low / uppercase names.lazy way to do it is to install windows version of winrar in wine and use it to extract the patch in to the game folder.

Holy %¨@#... i am very very very late for the party, anyway: THANKS KILLAP FOR EVERYTHING! YOU THE MAN! ROCK ON! :lol: 8-)

*goes to basement hoping to find Fallout 2 CD*

-BR4ZIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back