Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don`t know if mentioned, but i have a bug in this way:
When I wish to enter SAD on world map or the military base after i have blown free the entrance
The game crashes.
I use the german version with rp 2 and patch e.

Josan12 said:
Ian007 said:
It's always seemed to me that Cassidy spams his few text floats far more than any other recruitable character. Every few minutes we have to hear how he was named after a comic book character or how if he was 20 years younger, he'd go explore the midwest. Could his text floats be toned down to about half the frequency they're currently at?

I second this ....

why dont make other npc spews out more floating text.. at a higher rate as cassidy...

i wished i had a limit break,,,

FallMan said:
killap - any news about 2.1 update?
In testing stage now. Hopefully ready in a week or so. I'll keep everyone posted. And no, it won't be epically delayed like 2.0 was, that was different.

EDIT:
Also, now's the final week for new bug reports. Please post any issues asap, so that fixes for them make it into the 2.1 release. I would also appreciate it if people could try to reproduce the "UNCONFIRMED" issues over at the RP wiki.

Hello killap, I've been trolling your restoration mod for a long time, and after seen your newest version, I just had to register an account here and wanted to say "Awesome x100000 job!". 2 1/2 years and still you're keep going! Wow! All the best to your future projects! :)

BTW : I installed your new version, when I met Kaga for the first time (I was level 4, with the 9mm handgun with Sulik with me). He was with 2 other tribal.. when I'm killing the other 2 tribal he fled but didn't end the battle, instead he run off into the tent (the map have a tent) after I've dealt with both of the tribals, I go after Kaga.. he have 333 HP and I killed him o_O for some reason he woudn't attack back and just talking like he would run... but he didn't until hes dead.. is this a bug? I guess I won't be encountering him anymore after this huh?

First hi everyone! Im newbie on the forum!

Mirr said:
muhku said:
This mod seems amazing, but I'm afraid I won't be able to witness the awesomeness. I still can't save games, and I have tried every trick so far mentioned in the corresponding thread short of complete reinstallation of the OS. Which might or might not help.

Do the devs have any idea what is the cause of this issue?

I think you have problem with last part of RP installer when MASTER.DAT is changed.Compare its size before and after RP install.What is your OS?When I try playing RP 2.0 under Debian with wine I was unable to save.Then I replace MASTER.DAT with one from Windows XP install and unable to save error disappeared.My Debian MASTER.DAT file was 333148322 bytes(after RP install) and one from Windows XP machine is 333149015 bytes.Also if you use wine you will need MSVCP60.DLL to use f2_res.dll.

I checked my original Fallout2 Master.dat file (which on its CD) an the size doesnt as the same that u wrote (my master.dat filesize is:333 098 563byte and when i install the RP on it the new master dat file got the same size (and it has benn overwritten, i checked the dates) So i cant solve the save issue. Tried reinstall and removing the read-only option..etc.

If someone upload a working RP master.dat file to somewhere (RS, Megaupload ...) i will thank it!

i'm just installed the 2.0 version.
in character screen there is a race and style selector but there is just one model. is it normal or can i download models separately? and from where?

lbandi said:
I checked my original Fallout2 Master.dat file (which on its CD) an the size doesnt as the same that u wrote (my master.dat filesize is:333 098 563byte and when i install the RP on it the new master dat file got the same size (and it has benn overwritten, i checked the dates) So i cant solve the save issue. Tried reinstall and removing the read-only option..etc.

If someone upload a working RP master.dat file to somewhere (RS, Megaupload ...) i will thank it!
Well see, the Master.dat file is quite large and if we would start distributing it we'd get mighty close to piracy.
Anyway my original Master.dat file is the same as yours, 333 098 563 bytes and I have no problems updating it.
Tell you what, try to patch your master.dat manually.
Download and extract this into your main Fallout 2 directory.
Then go into the batch_work folder and run f2.bat, or if you want you can run the other *.bat files in this order; new_npcs.bat, remove_bad_protos, add_fixed_protos.bat (and delete_tmp_files.bat once your install is successful). Also delete the whole batch_work folder once you are done with it.

Aracnoid said:
in character screen there is a race and style selector but there is just one model. is it normal or can i download models separately? and from where?
I don't think anything more exist yet, though I seem to remember that a black dude was being worked on, but I may be wrong.

Darek said:
Aracnoid said:
I don't think anything more exist yet, though I seem to remember that a black dude was being worked on, but I may be wrong.
Yeah, just the long hair dude is available right now. Hopefully at some point a the bald dude will be ready and as Darek said, a black dude is also in the works.

killap said:
Darek said:
Aracnoid said:
Yeah, just the long hair dude is available right now. Hopefully at some point a the bald dude will be ready and as Darek said, a black dude is also in the works.

actually i was hoping for female models. :)

Darek said:
lbandi said:

Well see, the Master.dat file is quite large and if we would start distributing it we'd get mighty close to piracy.
Anyway my original Master.dat file is the same as yours, 333 098 563 bytes and I have no problems updating it.
Tell you what, try to patch your master.dat manually.
Download and extract this into your main Fallout 2 directory.
Then go into the batch_work folder and run f2.bat, or if you want you can run the other *.bat files in this order; new_npcs.bat, remove_bad_protos, add_fixed_protos.bat (and delete_tmp_files.bat once your install is successful). Also delete the whole batch_work folder once you are done with it.

Im done all the thing u said (i checked it twice to do the same that u wrote) and now the program doesnt starts. I get this error message:

"You are trying to use sfall with an incompatibile version of fallout expecting Fallout 2 v1.02US

fallout2.exe had an unexpected crc Expected 0xe1680293 but got 0xfce8ff04

What did i wrong? Can i do something with it? My OS XP SP3

Aracnoid said:

oh yeah :D a redhead would be a real treat ...

Anyway, I just noticed the "new" fire gecko skins I've made a while back for 1.2 (I believe the old grayish ones were used in that release) made it to 2.0. Thank you Killap it's an honor to have my small piece of art included in this magnificent project. I almost forgot I made those :D

One more thing - is it normal to kill Kaga during the first encounter? At the time of the encounter I was a low lev diplomat character, but Kaga got bugged in a strange way. He wasn't able to leave the map, he was just running along the edge of the map until Sulik and Vic beat the cap out of him.

Aracnoid said:
killap said:
Darek said:
Aracnoid said:

Aren't we all? :wink:

lbandi said:
Im done all the thing u said (i checked it twice to do the same that u wrote) and now the program doesnt starts. I get this error message:

"You are trying to use sfall with an incompatibile version of fallout expecting Fallout 2 v1.02US

fallout2.exe had an unexpected crc Expected 0xe1680293 but got 0xfce8ff04

What did i wrong? Can i do something with it? My OS XP SP3
Huh?
I don't understand why that would happen. The master.dat patch I linked to alters neither fallout2.exe nor sfall.
Are you sure you have the US fallout2.exe (the one that comes with the RP)? Maybe when you reinstalled it didn't get copied over or something.
If you want to, you can try with mine.

Aracnoid said:
There most likely will be new female critters in the future, but to give people a rough idea as to how much work is involved note:

The PC critters has approximately 140 animations, with 6 different directions, and on average 8 frames per animation (Some more some less) - 140 x 6 = 840 x 8 = 6720. That is just the basic frames, when you add the various procedures in building the critter (An accurate estimation is 8 procedures per frame including Photoshop and the Frame Animator) 6720 x 8 = 53760

Almost 54,000 things must happen before you get to play a new critter, so hats off to the fine people who built the new critters – Xíl, Josan, and Jotisz. The black PC critter will need to be rebuilt because of some technical issues, so most likely Mr. Baldie will be the first off the production line, then Mr. Blackie and then some female critter (Ms Red Head). I will try to help devise a quicker method of critter editing by designing the appropriate actions in PS, but can we take this discussion over to New animations 2 thread.

Downloaded and extracted the 2.02e update. The menu screen version # did not change, and now the game crashes when I try to load a save. If I try to start a new game, it just sits at a black screen.

I'm on Windows 7, which I'm no expert with, so it might be something I'm doing wrong.

Huh?
I don't understand why that would happen. The master.dat patch I linked to alters neither fallout2.exe nor sfall.
Are you sure you have the US fallout2.exe (the one that comes with the RP)? Maybe when you reinstalled it didn't get copied over or something.
If you want to, you can try with mine.

Today i uninstall the whole game and clear the whole game from the registry, then i did this:
1. Install the game, i used humongous install (checked the master.dat size was: 333 098 563 byte)
2. Install the v2.0 RP (after this the master.dat size still 333 098 563 byte)
3. make the batch_work thing that u advised
4. replaced the fallout2.exe the one that u shared
(at this point the master.dat is still doesnt changed, it seeems that nothing can update the file) :?

Now the game starts BUT the savegame doesnt working (same problem before) and now i recognize that the caharcter saving doesnt work too. Im get annoyied with this problem, i wanna play so much but without saving the game its impossible. :?

I hope you got some trick to get rid off this bug.[/quote]

killap said:
@lbandi
What OS are you running?
lbandi said:
...What did i wrong? Can i do something with it? My OS XP SP3
*Edit Here is how I patch my MASTER.DAT under Debian with wine.From RP Manual install copy batch_work folder.Lets say we put it in /home/user/Desktop.Copy in it your MASTER.DAT file and open some terminal emulator(like gnome-terminal).Go to the batch_work folder($ cd /home/user/Desktop/batch_work) and run this command :
Code:
$ wineconsole cmd
Now we have new window.In it write or copy/paste :
1)
Code:
START dat2 d master proto\CRITTERS\00000502.pro proto\CRITTERS\00000503.pro proto\CRITTERS\00000504.pro
This command Remove Kitsune, Dex, Cat Jules protos from the master.dat in the event the RP was already installed - prevent dups.If patching "fresh" one it size must remain unchanged.
2)
Code:
START dat2 a master proto\CRITTERS\00000502.pro proto\CRITTERS\00000503.pro proto\CRITTERS\00000504.pro
Add Kitsune, Dex, Cat Jules protos to the master.dat.File must be bigger now.
3)
Code:
START dat2 d master proto\CRITTERS\00000089.pro proto\CRITTERS\00000079.pro
Remove bad Cassidy proto and bad Skynet proto from master.dat.Now little smaller.
4)
Code:
START dat2 a master proto\CRITTERS\00000089.pro proto\CRITTERS\00000079.pro
Add fixed Cassidy proto and fixed Skynet proto to master.dat.Bigger...

Move your MASTER.DAT file back in to your Fallout 2 folder.And hopefully there will be no more save errors.For some reason using f2.bat or separately other .bat files do not work for me.
@lbandi maybe you can try something similar using windows xp cmd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back