Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
valcik said:
.Pixote. said:
It's easy for people to complain about not getting the latest release ..
Modding is a hobby, some people are forgetting that. Demanding exact deadlines for a hobby is pretty much pointless.

So true. I mean, we don't pay any money for the RP-mod (while one actually should, since it almost re-invents the game) so whom are we to put demands on some guys and girls working with this on their SPARE time? Craving deadlines is for games we pay to play, like CoD, WoW, SWToR just to mention a few (don't recall if some recently have gone F2P, but my statement still stand).

Cut the modders some slack, they need encouragement for what they do, not whipped for not working hard enough when not paid for it.

Look no futher than Baldur's Gate: Enhanced edition. Year after initial release and the game is still riddled with all sorts of bugs. Fan mod RP is much more polished game even at this stage.

I'm back from my work travels and other life related things that have pulled me away.

Work begins again on getting this *really truly final* update out. I do apologize for the delays everyone. I know you all look forward to playing the best of the best version and each release does strive towards this. And I do continually make promises of release date and fail to make them.

As I said before, I hate multiple versions of my work to float around and with a lack of auto-update (something that does bother me with software but has its merits) I can't guarantee that I won't get emails upon emails of people running a vast range of versions of my mod.

But yeah, I feel bad about leaving you all hanging. It's true that this release was literally looking at the finish line and then went silent. Rest assured though that I'll never abandon a project and that you'll all get what you want.

Welcome back bear dude, hope this (unwanted) pressure that gives a birth through eagerness and excitement is not even a small portion of a reason for this upcoming update to be the last one, just wanted to be sure solely. And once again are you really sure that you 'strictly' stop working and put an end point ? You may want to lower prioritization that you spend your modding time and keep with other stuff at the same..

Hello all, this is my first post here.
I'm a fan of Fallout series and your splendid Restoration Project mod (Mod? It's more like a new game! :'D) was a great surprise. You, the developers, did wonderful job making it.
Love love love it. Thank you!
I just have one little idea - what do you think of creating a random encounter that could possible give the player oportunity to earn A LOT xp points - from, let's say, 5000 to 10 000? Like encountering ten adult deathclaws or a really big swarm of centaurs/ floaters/ mutants and so on.
You would just have to choose a hex/ hexes for those especially dangerous meetings. Maybe something northwest of San Fran? There isn't anything as far as I know. Just wasteland.
Such random encounter would make levelling after level 35 much faster & I'm not sure if easier... It should not be easy. Another challenge for a late game would be great I think, I just like levelling and picking perks...
What do you think?

That's an interesting idea Sagez, but I think it falls outside the scope of the UP and RP. The RP is for restoring content that was originally planned but never finished (or in some cases started). What you're talking about it more like a stand-alone mod.

Hi, there was a strange bug when my brother was playing the game with the restoration pack.

On the Oil Rig logging in the terminal isn't giving the Access Key options to turn off the turrets for the battle with Frank Horrigan.

I don't know if this bug has something to do with the Restoration Pack but I wanted to turn the attention to it.

Here are two of his save games:
Download Savegames

Slot01 - President still alive, no presidential card, and no virus unleashed
Slot10 - Killed president, taken presidential card, no virus unleashed

I hope this thing is possible to be fixed and I'm curious if other people has stumbled upon this issue.

@eXalted

Not a bug. As per the vanilla game, you need science >= 100 to begin doing anything useful with that terminal.

Sagez said:
Hello all, this is my first post here.
I'm a fan of Fallout series and your splendid Restoration Project mod (Mod? It's more like a new game! :'D) was a great surprise. You, the developers, did wonderful job making it.
Love love love it. Thank you!
I just have one little idea - what do you think of creating a random encounter that could possible give the player oportunity to earn A LOT xp points - from, let's say, 5000 to 10 000? Like encountering ten adult deathclaws or a really big swarm of centaurs/ floaters/ mutants and so on.
You would just have to choose a hex/ hexes for those especially dangerous meetings. Maybe something northwest of San Fran? There isn't anything as far as I know. Just wasteland.
Such random encounter would make levelling after level 35 much faster & I'm not sure if easier... It should not be easy. Another challenge for a late game would be great I think, I just like levelling and picking perks...
What do you think?

There is already a mod similar to what you're describing. You can check out the readme file inside.Here. But it is for RP v2.1.2b.

I'll see if I can adapt it to RP 2.2. Stand by.

killap said:
@eXalted

Not a bug. As per the vanilla game, you need science >= 100 to begin doing anything useful with that terminal.
Hmm, it's interesting to see that in the Near Ultimate Fallout 2 Guide is written:
You can reach the Access Key options no matter your Science skill, as long as you have the Intelligence to use the computer. If you don't get the option to log on, just choose "Help", "Yes" and "Back to log on" and you'll have the option to log on using the Presidential Access Key.
Is this fixed with by the RP?

eXalted said:
killap said:
@eXalted

Hmm, it's interesting to see that in the Near Ultimate Fallout 2 Guide is written:
You can reach the Access Key options no matter your Science skill, as long as you have the Intelligence to use the computer. If you don't get the option to log on, just choose "Help", "Yes" and "Back to log on" and you'll have the option to log on using the Presidential Access Key.
Is this fixed with by the RP?
Just took a look at the script and yes, the RP (the unofficial patch being the first to do this) fixes this. I guess this was considered an unintentional oversight and thus fixed? This is from a looong time ago, so I can't remember.

I plan to do a playthrough where I don't participate in combat at all, with my source of damage being entirely from NPCs. The only things I will be allowed to do during combat is use drugs on allies as well as push them.
Might be a fun challenge, but this leads to a couple of questions/issues:

1) Is there an easy way to remove the NPC limit in the latest RP?

2) I recall using a mod in the past that added armor graphics to every NPC, like Miria, Lenny, etc. Is there something available which does this? It's weird to have 3 guys in Power Armor and the other two looking like they barely have a shirt on. They don't have to be personalized like the current working models, any available graphic would suffice.

I'd love to end up with an army of Power Armored allies which isn't possible with the current RP but was at some point in the past with a mod that I have forgotten.

On a pretty big side note, I feel the steal/sneak check on store inventories should be removed. It is WAY too tempting and easy to cheese. On my playthrough I played the game legit without skipping areas. When I finally reached the big stores with the top of the line goods, I realized I could steal ALL of them with one simple sneak/steal check.

All the money I've been saving up, and all the back and forth scavenging I had done have been for nothing. I had 101 sneak and 16 steal and I would pass the check what felt like 25% of the time and steal everything in the shop's inventory. It was actually harder to steal 5 caps, one at a time from a random peasant than it was to steal 50k worth of items with the click of one button from one of these stores.

You could then literally drive from San Francisco to NCR and back and each time the inventory would restock, rinse and repeat, usually with newer and better items which you could easily steal. Completely ruined the game experience for me, huge buzzkill and immersion breaker if you ask me.

A solution to all three of these points would be ideal. Oh and the 5th APA Kaga encounter crashes the game if you inspect him or have combat looks on, this was without the Awareness perk. Had to turn off combat looks off to get through the encounter.

leandro213 said:
1) Is there an easy way to remove the NPC limit in the latest RP?

2) I recall using a mod in the past that added armor to every NPC, like Miria, Lenny, etc. Is there something available which does this? It's weird to have 3 guys in Power Armor and the other two looking like they barely have a shirt on.

1) I don’t know about removing the NPC limit, but consider the following: You can have up to 5 NPC’s with 10 charisma. You can boost your charisma with mentats. You can get an additional 2 charisma with the mirrored shades and the blue memory module. In addition you could take the Magnetic Personality perk which effectively lowers the charisma requirement with 2 points.

Since you plan to let your NPC’s deal the damage you can’t draw fire from hostiles away from your NPC's, meaning that the weaker NPC’s (like the dogs or Miria) will be more a burden than an asset if you want to keep them alive. Furthermore, to administer drugs during combat you’ll need to keep your party grouped together, so they need to have the ‘Stay close to me’ or the ‘Snipe the enemy’ combat option. Which probably makes Sulik, Vic, Cassidy, Marcus, Cat Jules and Myron or Lenny your best bet. If you really want all of them to wear power armor you could leave Marcus out, but he is a major damage dealer.

2) All NPC’s capable of wearing power armor will have the power armor animations, though only Vic, Cassidy and Sulik have unique animations. There are 7 NPC’s capable of wearing power armor in the game (9 actually, but you can take only one of the possible three EPA NPC’s with you).

With the Magnetic personality perk, the blue memory module (Navarro), the mirrored shades (Mason or Golgotha) and mentats, a starting charisma as low as 4 would be theoretically enough to get a full party of 5.
To finish the Temple of Trials you’ll either need to steal the key from Cameron or talk him out of fighting.
You could even do the boxing matches in New Reno by skipping turns and hoping for a critical miss of the opponent. Though this may be risky with the Masticator. High armor class helps of course as would the HtH Evade perk. Jinxed would work wonders to, but may make the game quite challenging overall. You can’t fight in the ring in San Fransisco though.

leandro213 said:
On a pretty big side note, I feel the steal/sneak check on store inventories should be removed. It is WAY too tempting and easy to cheese. On my playthrough I played the game legit without skipping areas. When I finally reached the big stores with the top of the line goods, I realized I could steal ALL of them with one simple sneak/steal check.

Once you reach San Fransisco the economy is broken. Not stealing is a rule you could impose on yourself but a few encounters in that area nets you so much high-end weaponry that you can buy anything you want anyway. Personally I never loot the shopkeepers inventory so I can’t say if the RP has changed this. You can’t steal your money back anymore though.

Anyway, good luck with your playthrough. :)

@Killap

I found an oddity in NCR with Duppo’s brahmin drive:
The caravan master has 80 hitpoints and is wearing leather armor when you encounter him in NCR, then 95hp and a combat armor during the Brahmin drive and finally 70hp and a peasant outfit when you encounter him in Redding. Also, you might consider giving him some shotgun shells, he only carries his loaded pancor jackhammer during the Brahmin drive. He’s likely to spend those during the first encounter after which he resorts to hand to hand fighting. Same goes for his crew.

Good response. I'm aware of the 5 NPC limit, it's what I'm currently stuck with, I want to expand it. I know full well how pathetic Miria is and how easily the dogs get killed, but hopefully managing that with drugs like Psycho will allow them to stay alive long enough for the other NPCs mop up. Could be a fun challenge playthrough and I haven't seen anyone else mention it, though I'm sure someone has tried.

"All NPC’s capable of wearing power armor will have the power armor animations"

I have both Miria and Lenny wearing Power Armor and they look just like how I picked them up, its not just Power Armor either, its all armor.

As for the economy, right now you can get filthy rich without putting a single point in barter. The problem lies in that only purchase prices are affected by barter, but I feel that the value of your items should also go down depending on your barter, then at 100 barter your sell price would be what it currently is. Couple that with the inability to steal from stores and the economy is semi fixed.

leandro213 said:
I'm aware of the 5 NPC limit, it's what I'm currently stuck with, I want to expand it.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56182

leandro213 said:
I have both Miria and Lenny wearing Power Armor and they look just like how I picked them up, its not just Power Armor either, its all armor.

You’re right, my mistake. I have the new Lenny model installed and he doesn’t change appearance, the old model probably doesn’t either. One advantage of the new model are the rifle animations. With 7 ap he won’t fire twice in a round so you might as well give him a sniper rifle or, in the late game, a gauss rifle.

In the case of the Cat Jules, equipping him with power armor gives him the big gun animation thus allowing him to use the large energy weapons. Though with only 9 ap he will only shoot once.

leandro213 said:
The problem lies in that only purchase prices are affected by barter, but I feel that the value of your items should also go down depending on your barter

Good point, as long as the sell prices are fixed, barter isn’t that important. A H&K G11e will always sell for $ 8,000, that’s a 1000 caps per pound. Makes those hubologist encounters awfully tempting ;).

Hello,

i am new here and have a question.

I see two Files i can download.

1. UMy unofficial Fallout 2 patch
Latest release: July 21, 2013 (1.02.28)

2. Fallout 2 Restoration Project
Latest release: July 21, 2013 (2.2)

What Patch i must Install? Both? And btw must i Patch my Fallout 2 to the newest offizial Patch Version?

Thx for your help.

VN

EDIT:
if i wish to have the game german as possible what i must do? rename english File to German?

VaeliusNoctu said:
Hello,

What Patch i must Install? Both? And btw must i Patch my Fallout 2 to the newest offizial Patch Version?

Thx for your help.

VN

EDIT:
if i wish to have the game german as possible what i must do? rename english File to German?

You install the restoration pack only, all of Killap's fixes are in the Restoration Pack.

Fresh humongous install -> install RP = Done

I don't know if Killap has multi-language support yet, I haven't been keeping up. I know he talked about hammering that out later.

Ceratisa said:
VaeliusNoctu said:
Hello,

Thx for your help.

VN

EDIT:

You install the restoration pack only, all of Killap's fixes are in the Restoration Pack.

Fresh humongous install -> install RP = Done

I don't know if Killap has multi-language support yet, I haven't been keeping up. I know he talked about hammering that out later.

there is no german translation at the moment, but if you use the german fallout game, you must rename the data/text/english folder installed by RP to "german", otherwise all text/dialoge in game just shows "error".

It would be interesting to try playing the game with everything just saying Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back