Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Svankensen said:
Is there a way to deactivate the Lenny patch? As he doesnt run woth this sprite, he always lags behind, making him mostly useless, as he isnt around for any fights.

I don't think so. I don't remember why, but I wanted to do the same thing and superficial googling indicated, that it wasn't possible.

Matthews said:
Either he has the skin on or off for each run, no turning on and off during a run.

I havent recruited him, but i have seen him, so i guess its too late. How could i unpatch him for the next run? I play hardcore, so i tend to loose NPCs, and Lenny with a gauss rifle and Power Armor aint that bad.

Svankensen said:
Is there a way to deactivate the Lenny patch? As he doesnt run woth this sprite, he always lags behind, making him mostly useless, as he isnt around for any fights.

Here is a fix - a faster Lenny, the walking frames have had their speed doubled. Faster Lenny . Just override the data folder inside the Fallout 2 folder. He wont be as fast as a typical critter, but you will notice his movement is much better. I'll pass this on to Killap so it will be added to the next build.

.Pixote. said:
Svankensen said:

Here is a fix - a faster Lenny, the walking frames have had their speed doubled. Faster Lenny . Just override the data folder inside the Fallout 2 folder. He wont be as fast as a typical critter, but you will notice his movement is much better. I'll pass this on to Killap so it will be added to the next build.

Wow, that was an amazingly fast answer! Thanks Pixote!

Ill tell you how it went tomorrow, i have this Applied Statistics test that i need to get a 100 on to forget about the class for the rest of the year.

Khan Academy rocks, in case you havent ever heard of it (sorry if i go against any publicity rules here, im in no way atached to Khan Academy, but they really are great for studying).

I see that you are talking about speeding up a character.

As far as I remember, RP already changes it for Goris (well, I talk about him discarding his cloak which was made faster). And I'm thinking about another NPC, Skynet.

He is so horribly slow! I know, it's a robot, but it's 2200 something. And yes, his ''body'' is old, but it wasn't in use for all these years in that nearly forgotten Sierra Base... so it could not outwear itself. I don't mean only his walking speed, but his arms move really slow too.

I thought it would be good to quicken him a little bit, although I don't believe that you're all convinced. My little idea, just saying.

Btw, I have also a gameplay question - I know that a lot of people love Skynet and find him as one of the best NPC available (with cyberbrain mounted of course)... and that question is why they think so? Skynet is slow, not very solid, he very rarely makes criticals (I gave him a sniper rifle). Generally a disappointment. What's good in him besides his autorepair?

Sagez said:
Btw, I have also a gameplay question - I know that a lot of people love Skynet and find him as one of the best NPC available (with cyberbrain mounted of course)... and that question is why they think so? Skynet is slow, not very solid, he very rarely makes criticals (I gave him a sniper rifle). Generally a disappointment. What's good in him besides his autorepair?
You have to level him up first. He's better than Vic but not quite as good as Cassidy.

@Svankensen, it's probably the wrong forum for me to say this but if you need easy & cheap help to kill potential enemies that aren't immediately hostile then jet and alcohol is the way to go. Example: you use 2 jet capsules on Metzger and each of his guards then rest for 20 minutes. Now they're in withdrawal and you can kill them hand-to-hand even with low skills at no risk or further cost. It saves on bullets and stimpaks. Wiping out Reno this way is easy. It's also useful for King Arthur's Knights and the Vertibird encounter outside Gecko.

Hi Killap! Thank you for all your hard and great work... First of all I enjoy so much with the RP 2.2, You deserve a donation for your exceptional work :clap:
I have found a bug, sorry... the bonus of the perk "Bonus Hand to Hand Damage" doesn't work. Can you help me to resolve this?
P.S. I have a character: Body Builder - Weight lifter/ Boxer - Martial artist fighter ^_^

Gym83 said:
Hi Killap! Thank you for all your hard and great work... First of all I enjoy so much with the RP 2.2, You deserve a donation for your exceptional work :clap:
I have found a bug, sorry... the bonus of the perk "Bonus Hand to Hand Damage" doesn't work. Can you help me to resolve this?
It works, but not how it used to be. What you think it "doesn't work" is probably because the "melee damage" derived statistic isn't increased after choosing the perk. With sfall now it works the same as "Bonus Ranged Damage", which gives you +2 points of damage during the calculation.

NovaRain said:
Gym83 said:
It works, but not how it used to be. What you think it "doesn't work" is probably because the "melee damage" derived statistic isn't increased after choosing the perk. With sfall now it works the same as "Bonus Ranged Damage", which gives you +2 points of damage during the calculation.
Mmh, I think to understand...
Anyone, when i choose the Perk of Bonus HtH damage, I wanted to say that I can't see the increase of the numeric value in the "character page". It's normal?

Gym83 said:
Anyone, when i choose the Perk of Bonus HtH damage, I wanted to say that I can't see the increase of the numeric value in the "character page". It's normal?
Yes, it's normal. It won't increase the melee damage value in your character page, but it will give you +2 damage in combat.

NovaRain said:
Gym83 said:
Yes, it's normal. It won't increase the melee damage value in your character page, but it will give you +2 damage in combat.
You have been very kind, thank you very much for the information. Thanks a lot friend!

Miria

I'm sorry if this has been asked but I couldn't find an answer. Is there a Miria mod that is compatible with this mod?

Huh, couldnt find it in the forums. Did you Nerf the Turbo Plasma Rifle? I upgraded it and it just got more damage, didnt get a faster RoF. Since i kinda focused my char around that (fast shot, better RoF, 10 luck for sniper) I feel that this is a pretty strong nerf to E-Guns Characters. I mean, a gauss pistol wouldve been much better in this scenario, and it can be bought, no need to invest points on the mostly useless until endgame E-guns skill. Sure, there still is that pistol from the brotherhood bunker in SF, but it has a Clip capacity of 5, meaning the average shot cost would be 2.4 vs the gauss pistols 2.16, or a ~11% extra AP cost.

Also, this isnt the RP's fault, but i must mention that even tho i got the Glock from the Toxic caves early (i play hardcore, so thats quite a feat, had to tag throwing and lockpick for that), its not an uber weapon, and it was readily outclased by, for example, the Red Ryder LE and the .227 pistol, even tho i had much less skill in small guns (91 vs 120~). The only E-Gun that's powerfull and apears before SF is the Solar Scorcher, but its highly conditional since you must be outside and during the day to recharge it, not to mention that you need 101 science to get it. So, even tho i had a "mid range" E-Gun, "mid range" small guns outclassed it until Navarro, at wich point its mostly a moot point. First time really using E-Guns, and for the pains i took to survive the early game, i expected much more punch in the mid-late game.

Svankensen said:
Huh, couldnt find it in the forums. Did you Nerf the Turbo Plasma Rifle? I upgraded it and it just got more damage, didnt get a faster RoF. Since i kinda focused my char around that (fast shot, better RoF, 10 luck for sniper) I feel that this is a pretty strong nerf to E-Guns Characters.
The RP didn't change anything, Fallout 2 did. I guess the devs thought it was too good in Fallout 1 or something.

Darek said:
Svankensen said:
Huh, couldnt find it in the forums. Did you Nerf the Turbo Plasma Rifle? I upgraded it and it just got more damage, didnt get a faster RoF. Since i kinda focused my char around that (fast shot, better RoF, 10 luck for sniper) I feel that this is a pretty strong nerf to E-Guns Characters.
The RP didn't change anything, Fallout 2 did. I guess the devs thought it was too good in Fallout 1 or something.

Ah, i see, i misunderstood the wiki description of the weapon, but upon reading it again i see what you mean.

I have a small problem.
Whenever I fight Melchior, after a few killed deathclaws and sometimes a few geckos the game freezes.

I have a small problem.
Whenever I fight Melchior, after a few killed deathclaws and sometimes a few geckos the game freezes.

I know of that one, think it is one of those things that cannot be fixed properly. One of the reasons I tend to avoid that fight in general, sadly, since it is an amusing fight otherwise, or I just try to burst him down quickly with heavy weapons before he summons too many pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back