Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, sorry to sound like a total killjoy, but is there an alt-mirror for the current RP version? Download's not starting for me.
I haven't uploaded it to other places yet. Just checked the link though and it started downloading as soon as I clicked it. Try a different browser perhaps? Is it timing out for you or something?

Hey, sorry to sound like a total killjoy, but is there an alt-mirror for the current RP version? Download's not starting for me.
I haven't uploaded it to other places yet. Just checked the link though and it started downloading as soon as I clicked it. Try a different browser perhaps? Is it timing out for you or something?
It seems to be a geographical thing. Had to VPN in to get a clean download. Guess your host doesn't like Malaysian ISPs lol.

Wasn't there a mod somewhere that allows NPCs to drop armor? Is that compatible with the RP? I am afraid to just try it in case it breaks the RP, because I can live without that one; but it *would* be nice to have.

Hm, while I can understand that it would be fun to have armour drop from enemies, one also have to consider that if you try to kill someone for a better piece of armour, since you might end up with a ruined piece of armour that is worse than what you currently carry after the fight.

Great job, Killap! :smile: Thanks again!

I just wanted to say that I found a bug in Village near Vault City and reported that to wiki. Game crashes everytime when I leave the map. I'm using RP version 2.3 (yeah, the one that was released on Christmas).

I just wanted to say that I found a bug in Village near Vault City and reported that to wiki. Game crashes everytime when I leave the map. I'm using RP version 2.3 (yeah, the one that was released on Christmas).
Replied to you on the wiki. I'm going to need the whole save directory. i.e. SLOTXX

Done. Sorry for problem :roll: I hope it's ok now.
Bizarre. I see the crash you say as soon as I leave the Village. If I tell all the companions to stay put, I can leave the map just fine. I recruit any one of them back though and bam crash. Oddly enough I can't recruit all three again. Any more than 2 and the third says sorry, you're full. Based on your charisma you can't have 3. Did you use a mod to get more?

I never had that problem yet, and I did a speed straight to Vault City--I've already done been there and left without any hiccups :0

I never had that problem yet, and I did a speed straight to Vault City--I've already done been there and left without any hiccups :0
But did you wipe out the Village? I'm not sure yet if it's something to do with that. The fact that the crash is linked to companions though is suspicious. Especially since he shouldn't be able to have as many has he does...

But did you wipe out the Village? I'm not sure yet if it's something to do with that. The fact that the crash is linked to companions though is suspicious. Especially since he shouldn't be able to have as many has he does...

Any 'Magnetic Personality' related bug maybe ?

Any 'Magnetic Personality' related bug maybe ?
No, he doesn't have the perk. And he got Sulik, Vic, and Myron with only CH 5. He probably uses the Mirror Shades for recruiting one NPC.

EDIT: In my game I can wipe out the whole village and leave. But found an interesting issue: If I let my party members kill the two kids in the village (saving me from being Childkiller), after the combat talking Sulik will be like talking to him the first time after his debt is off. It seems like he leaves your party, but he'll still follow you. After leaving the village, he only got the float text (like you're an evil guy) when you try talking to him. (savegames)

Last edited:
Huh, I should go and wipe out the village and see if anything happens to me since I only have Cassidy and Maria (but I also use the Maria mod, so that might not be so useful from a glitch finding standpoint).

Something is not quite right with that map. I turned on aging for the map and came back after a couple of days. When the bodies had turned into pools of blood I could leave with Vic and Myron, but Sulik still caused a crash. It feels like some other scripts are blocking the NPC scripts from getting removed from the script list when they leave, and that's why it's crashing. Hard to say for sure but this isn't the first time things like this come up, remove some scripts and it starts working again.
Anyway, Even though all bodies got removed some of the scripts are still left, Connar and 3 generic villager to be exact. Maybe that's why Sulik still cause a crash?

Also, the Village map was made from Vault15 entrance map and some of the old scripts are still left in. They are not visible in the mapper but they are there. Leads me to believe the map was done with that other buggy mapper. Anyway the scripts are BIEntDr, ZIMtDor, ZIMtDor,ZIWodDor, bcDalia, BCZeke. Not sure at all they are causing any trouble, but thought it worth mentioning just in case.

Also, the Village map was made from Vault15 entrance map and some of the old scripts are still left in. They are not visible in the mapper but they are there. Leads me to believe the map was done with that other buggy mapper. Anyway the scripts are BIEntDr, ZIMtDor, ZIMtDor,ZIWodDor, bcDalia, BCZeke. Not sure at all they are causing any trouble, but thought it worth mentioning just in case.
How are you seeing these scripts? Did you just decompile it into text? Also, what happens if you do remove those scripts? Does the crashing stop?

I'm not using any mods/patches or whatever, just your plain RP. No mods! No perk as you already know. I used mentats to recruit three NPC. Not sure if that helps, but I'm ''glad'' that the report got confirmed:V

[Windows 7 32bit, RP 2.3.2, Fallout CD version, new game]
I notice that female dance sequence in New Reno uses default female critter, but my character is red hair chick. Or some kind of a black wig is she using?

And after I've killed all Becky guards in Den she is still friendly and I can buy things from her.

I believe there exists steal exploit from ghost of Anna (free exp points) as in RP 2.2, but I forgot check it before I buried her.

I'll reinstall whole Fallout 2 because Kaga encounter disappear (I never meet kaga encounter), strange. I've uninstalled RP 2.3 prior to 2.3.2 installation without fallout reinstallation maybe is it the cause.

Is that workbench in Klamath being not reachable is to torture the player which I've come across before on various places ?

klamath.jpg

Is that workbench in Klamath being not reachable is to torture the player which I've come across before on various places ?
Interesting thing is, it does contain some items (xander root, rope, and a club). And UP got the same issue. Maybe shifting the chair one or two hexes helps.

I'll reinstall whole Fallout 2 because Kaga encounter disappear (I never meet kaga encounter), strange. I've uninstalled RP 2.3 prior to 2.3.2 installation without fallout reinstallation maybe is it the cause.

He became harder to get. I know i did a lot of travels around Den/Klamath to get the first encounter. Didn't want to leave the area without meeting him.

It is probably intended, but the encounter/dialogs becale very shorter. Will it be permanent or is possible to make the longer dialog as optionnal content ?
I remembered it was very funny & epic. Now it feel a little underwelming... (it's personnal, dunno what is the general opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back