Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to get this to work some more(to fix the issue where Den loads as a black, empty map). [...]

I finally figured it out, I think. The solution was basically posted in the thread for a previous version of the project: http://www.nma-fallout.com/showthre...l-Expansion)&p=3954733&viewfull=1#post3954733
where rawrd tells us:
FINAL UPDATE: This is true, that it is ABSOLUTELY necessary to keep Proto contents of Fallout Restoration Project READ ONLY.

If its not set, the game will go on and DELETE the TILES as it sees necessary.

In Fallout 2/data/Proto, there are 8 folders. By default, all the files in those folders have read and write privileges. What I did was set them all to "read only" (only for user "Me") and lock them. It is very important to also lock them because otherwise, all privileges will somehow revert to "read and write" after you open and quit the game.

So far, it works perfectly for me.

(also had a special encounter 'angry outcasts' that briefly popped up before exiting to the world map)
That encounter would do the same thing to me while I had the Proto files at "read and write". Now it works.

Ah! that makes sense. I know I set the folders to have read privileges at some point(as that was written down somewhere as a thing to do) but I guess the damage was done by the time I got around to trying to files or something(edit: looking back, the deletion happened way before I realized to even try the read privileges so I didn't even know these files were missing). Either way, going to give this a go now(by that I mean looks like a fresh install might be necessary), thanks for the information!

Edit: Excellent. I got it to work. Took a couple of tries, I thought I had everything in order but it still wasn't loading properly, looked over it again and converted two rogue .PRO files to .pro and that seemed to do it. A little nervous moving forward in case I may have missed something(as in, The Den has loaded but what if some other piece of content later on doesn't) but it is good to know that if that does happen there is a clear solution to be had, even if it takes a few steps. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
doctoxic (03:48AM) --
To track the raiders from Vault City, you wander around outside the city walls. Do not take the car, and do not walk onto the exit grid. Around midnight, the dialog window pops up. It tells you that you notice a group of armed men moving in the dark. You may choose to ignore, or follow. If you choose to follow, you will walk, not drive, to the raider base.
Yes you are supposed to walk onto the exit grid, that is where the triggers are. Each spatial script (trigger) has ring ring of squares around it to cover more space, that causes every other square outside of the exit grid to also be triggers, plus NPCs can also trigger the script if they decide to stroll onto the trigger area. So while it's possible to trigger the event without leaving, that was not the intention.

I am not having any luck with this - i do only have 23% Outdoorsman so not sure how much of an effect thsi have.

What i have done is:
* wait until midnight (about 10 past actually) then walked onto the exit grid,
* if no popup then i go straight back into the city and try again - have tried this about 20 times - no luck

What is the time window for this happening, is it literally midnight only, in which case i have obviously left it too late :( and will have to try again

by the way i have no mission for raiders but i have spoken to the sarge who has mentioned them - is this ok?

thanks again

raiders...

I am not having any luck with this - i do only have 23% Outdoorsman so not sure how much of an effect thsi have.

What i have done is:
* if no popup then i go straight back into the city and try again - have tried this about 20 times - no luck

What is the time window for this happening, is it literally midnight only, in which case i have obviously left it too late :( and will have to try again

by the way i have no mission for raiders but i have spoken to the sarge who has mentioned them - is this ok?

thanks again
OK, so I looked at the script to see the exact requirements. It's an outdoorsman -30 check, which mean you need to have at least 31% to have 1% chance of making it. If you'd had it at 36% you should have made it at least once in your 20 tries...
Also, the time frame is between 18:00 and 6:00 (both sharp), not only around midnight as I thought.
So your time is right, just need to up that outdoorsman skill a bit.

raiders...

What i have done is:

thanks again
OK, so I looked at the script to see the exact requirements. It's an outdoorsman -30 check, which mean you need to have at least 31% to have 1% chance of making it. If you'd had it at 36% you should have made it at least once in your 20 tries...
Also, the time frame is between 18:00 and 6:00 (both sharp), not only around midnight as I thought.
So your time is right, just need to up that outdoorsman skill a bit.

really appreciate you checking this out for me

many thanks

Hey everyone.

Sorry for dropping off the radar, but I'm back and going to push through for one more release. So hopefully the wiki is up-to-date. ;) If important things were said since I've been around, please post summaries/pm me.

Hope all is well with everyone.

EDIT:
Went through nearly all of the bug wiki today. Please check your reports there in the event I asked a question.

Last edited:
OMG I come back after a few months of inactivity and see ANOTHER rp version! WOOOOT, I think we can all say we love you Killap! < 3

Hi there!!

Thanks for all your hard work! I do have one small hitch, I don't know how common it is...but I've just installed a fresh version of Fallout 2 and then added your restoration patch, Loaded the game, Created a character, clicked "Done" get the village elder's VT and then arrive at the Temple of trials.....I enter. But No critters. No ants, Scorpions. No challenger at the end of the trial... I go back to the village and its like they've all been abducted...

Any clues?? really wanna play!!!

Thanks Again

Del

Hello.

I will upload it to 4shared, I will be out for some time and since I don't know if I could contact and upload it before Killap releases another RP version, here it goes. Everyone, feel free to alter, use it in RP or any other mod or project.

Killap, I updated the link for my Navarro version map. Here it is: http://www.4shared.com/file/lBG5l95mba/NAVARRO.html

To anyone who haven't seen my map, please look here: http://www.nma-fallout.com/showthre...-(Unofficial-Expansion)&p=4008840#post4008840

And here: http://www.nma-fallout.com/showthre...-(Unofficial-Expansion)&p=4008937#post4008937

Here goes what I changed so far:

I changed some important critters. Sergeant Dornan now uses the adv. power mkII model, I feel it to be weird that all other grunts use the better model and he an older one, I did it with the Gate guard, Quartermaster and Commander. I assign their respective scripts. I also altered all guys (except Cookie) in leather armor, now they're using the Leather Armor Bounty Hunter model, this means they have more health, 70 HP instead of 43 HP. (I did this because the guys in lab coat have 100 HP). There is a new girl in leather armor too. And they're also using FMJ rounds for their weapons. They all have their respective scripts. There are three new guards that are using that prototype XL70E3, they have the combat armor script like the others. In the new lockers and footlockers I've placed a Laser rifle, a Laser Pistol, a XL70E3, a 10mm Pistol and a Desert Eagle. Ohh and a comestic case item in the lady's bathroom.

Edit: I have altered some pipes, the way they were they weren't connecting to anything.

For some reason I can't scroll properly in the new soldier's quarters. I moved the scroll block away but still...

Last edited:
Bear Dude.Is any save editor working with restoration project.No i'm not noob that is looking to cheat in gauss rifle and rule over wastelands.I passed Fallout 2 5 times.I ask because to test mod of any bugs or to have little bit of fun.:wiggle:.Also is solar scorcher now only available in EPA and not in Guardian of Forever random encounter or it is avaible in both locations.Keep up with good work.I'm now downloading mod.

Good to know. Thanks for making Fallout a better game, really.

Killap, do you have interest in my Navarro map? If you want and if I have time till release day, I might alter some stuff or undo some changes.

Good to know. Thanks for making Fallout a better game, really.

Killap, do you have interest in my Navarro map? If you want and if I have time till release day, I might alter some stuff or undo some changes.
I do like your changes and Pixote even approves, so double win there. :P

However, the RP is in extended maintenance release mode and I just don't want any changes besides bug fixes. Sorry. But I appreciate what you've done and keep modding. F2 modding needs to live on. :)

No problem. Well it will be in 4shared till its down, so anyone who wants to use it in any mod or project, please do.

Killap if you don't know that yet then i just want to say that you're awesome :D
I played Fallout 1 a long time ago and since there was f3 and f3:NV i figured out i need to play throu part 2 first so i found yours Restoration Project going to final stage of it's development and i almost fapped xD
yeaah so xD
There is a question here actually and it is, will the save games from RP 2.3.2 will be compatible with 2.3.3 or whatever the finale(?) release will be called ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back