Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

Hello everyone,
I've stuck with the Dunton brothers quest...
Looking at your screenshots, I don't think you even have the restoration project installed (Maida's line about asking Momma what's going on in town does no longer exist in her text file at all in the RP.). That's your bug. :lol:
Also, you are quoting an old 1.2 version of the RP guide. We are at v2.3.3 now and that quest has been changed, so your quote is not accurate anymore.
So get the latest RP version (or if you have, make sure it installs properly), and then look at the updated RP guide if you need help. OK?

I wanted to talk about Shadow-Who-Walks.
Considering that Shadow-Who-Walks was originally intended to be the one responsible for the kidnapping of Sulik's sister, I question the angle of him being mislead by the raiders. That and it doesn't explain why they keep him around. With an evil Shadow-Who-Walks, it could be explained that he helps the raiders find tribals to kidnap. Also, some of the dialogue choices seem outside of what chosen one would say. However if you going to take that route, maybe have the Ranger Badge have an effect.

Looking at your screenshots, I don't think you even have the restoration project installed (Maida's line about asking Momma what's going on in town does no longer exist in her text file at all in the RP.). That's your bug. :lol:
Also, you are quoting an old 1.2 version of the RP guide. We are at v2.3.3 now and that quest has been changed, so your quote is not accurate anymore.
So get the latest RP version (or if you have, make sure it installs properly), and then look at the updated RP guide if you need help. OK?

Yeah, thanks, I too had the feeling that RP wasn't installed properly. However, this is strange since I did fresh installation following instructions (v2.3.3 patch over Fallout 1.0). SFALL works correctly so I assumed that RP should work fine too.
I will reinstall the game.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest reinstalling the game, since it looks like you had the vanilla dialog with Maida and Ardin that went back and forth.

I wanted to talk about Shadow-Who-Walks.
Considering that Shadow-Who-Walks was originally intended to be the one responsible for the kidnapping of Sulik's sister, I question the angle of him being mislead by the raiders. That and it doesn't explain why they keep him around. With an evil Shadow-Who-Walks, it could be explained that he helps the raiders find tribals to kidnap. Also, some of the dialogue choices seem outside of what chosen one would say. However if you going to take that route, maybe have the Ranger Badge have an effect.

Shadow-Who-Walks was written by someone else before I became the RP's main writer dude. I've been thinking of making another pass over the RP's dialogue to fix a couple issues for the next release, so perhaps I could address this. Could you point me to the source of this information that Shadow-Who-Walks was originally intended to be involved with Sulik's sister's kidnapping? I don't recall knowing that before.

@Dravean

There are mentions around the internet, that Shadow-Who-Walks was supposed to be Sulik's arch-nemesis and had hand in Kurisu's kidnapping. You should have been able to confront him about with Sulik in the party. But I don't think that dialogue actually exists.

But I think it would fit well in the game.

I'm coming back to the classic Fallouts after several years and I noticed a lot of new stuff, which is amazing! So, is it correct that there's no more need to install the old patches (Killap's Unofficial Fallout 2 Patch, the High Resolution Patch and Sfall) with a clean installation of the new Restoration Project?

@AlbertCole you're right, just install Fallout 2 and then the RP. The sfall version included in the RP is an old one so you could also update it after installing the RP, but it's not mandatory at all. Have fun^^

Hello Killap

In newest CD-Action (polish gaming newspaper)in Fallout article your mod was mentioned. Thought it was short mention i still think you might want to know it :)

"(....)The Fallout 2 is madly well done as welll, especially after enchancing it with Restoration Project: fan made modification that adds content planned by game makers but dropped in process of developtment.(...)"

(Origanl Article is in Polish, translation might be bit inaccurate.)

Hi everyone. This is my periodical whine to try keep this mod thread alive and hopefully get killap back to work on it. Killap you hear me? Just...please, killap !!!

I'm with Imgoatlike, Killap, when will the next version of the unofficial patch come out? I also wish for RP 2.3.4 with the new Sfall version included.

I think Killap is probably waiting with new release because of new animations and talking heads people are making and posting here and he want to include them aswell.

So I hope he will take his time and the next and as he said probably last patch will be masterpiece :D

I'd hope I'd be able to add a mass weapons mod into Restoration. Since I've practicing a lot more I could probably pull it off these days. The problem is getting a good image for weapons. But it'd be great to use an M1 garand in Fallout 2.

after installing the RP's latest expansion it works fine created character cool hair style choice although no race available maybe someday.. all is good that is until the combat started why do the enemies attacks themselves and I as well.. can this be remove or disabled??? or do I need to just not play with the expansion.

after installing the RP's latest expansion it works fine created character cool hair style choice although no race available maybe someday.. all is good that is until the combat started why do the enemies attacks themselves and I as well.. can this be remove or disabled??? or do I need to just not play with the expansion.

when you create your character, DON'T select the trade "jinxed". http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Jinxed

i hope this is your problem.

I have some question about exe file editing. I want to edit exe file in order to apply Chinese or Japanese 2byte font. I have compared RP version .exe with Vanilla .exe using hex editor but I have no idea why these change was needed.
In fact Chinese unofficial exe already exist. But that isn't compatible 2.3.3, only 1.2.
So, I want to merge or modify these exe files.
Is there any more proper tool or editor for fallout2.exe? Or every modder are using only Hex editor?

If anyone know this kind of things, tell me something.
Thanks

Back