Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2: Weapons Redone v2.3

I think RP 2.1 will rectify some of the problems people are having with the damage dished out…its due to be released any day now. Magnus will probably make improvements/adjustments to his mod after that so there will be no compatibility issues with the RP.

I'm waiting with releasing a new version until the RP 2.1 comes out, as I'm going to change some of the maps and need the Enhanced ones from the RP. These changes will mainly be giving AP ammo to late-game enemies and making sure enemies can use the weapons they carry. Maybe I'll add a couple of Molotovs in the starter towns and give them to some enemies.

jaredl:
Are you playing on Hard Combat difficulty or do you have the Finesse trait? Playing with F2WR on Hard is not recommended. I haven't changed the rats in any significant way, but in the next version I've gone through every single critter proto and made sure they're as they should be.

Radar:
I have no idea what this could be. What mods are you using?

@Magnus: I use unlimited party members, party orders add on, Miria FR RP version, RP2 Maria, and RP 2.0e. I have uninstalled your mod and followers can once again use power armor.

@Magnus

I am not playing in hard mode, however I do have the finesse trait. I didn't think that would make me miss this often but maybe that is the problem.

Jared:
Finesse does not alter your hit chance, it just reduces the damage you do when you hit by adding more damage resistance in the calculation. Because of the changes I've made to render AP ammo a better choice than JHP against highly armored targets, it doesn't take a lot of added resistance to cripple your damage. I presume you will find that AP ammo produces slightly better results, as it reduces damage resistance, while JHP ammo increases it.

Radar:
I have made a few changes to the power armors' stats. One of the mods you mentioned is likely to check for an exact array of stats that correspond to those of the various armors, and will ignore any deviations. Are there other armors that the NPCs won't equip?
You can install only parts of the mod if you like. In your case I'd drop the Ammo and Armor parts, and go with the remains, like Big Guns, Melee, Grenades, Rifles, etc. Since you'll be using the vanilla FO2 armors your Laser weapons will need to be a lot more powerful - there's an option for that too. The installer will do all this for you if you choose to select what parts of the mod to install. I hope you find a suitable solution!

Any estimate when this will be compatible with the newest RP 2.1? I just don't feel like playing that mod until I can use this mod with it :).

Magnus said:
Jared:

Radar:
I have made a few changes to the power armors' stats. One of the mods you mentioned is likely to check for an exact array of stats that correspond to those of the various armors, and will ignore any deviations. Are there other armors that the NPCs won't equip?
You can install only parts of the mod if you like. In your case I'd drop the Ammo and Armor parts, and go with the remains, like Big Guns, Melee, Grenades, Rifles, etc. Since you'll be using the vanilla FO2 armors your Laser weapons will need to be a lot more powerful - there's an option for that too. The installer will do all this for you if you choose to select what parts of the mod to install. I hope you find a suitable solution!

They couldn't use advanced power armor either. The only mod in question that COULD conflict is the unlimited party members mod, as it edits companion scripts... Don't know how it would edit power armor though

The link is dead. It says there "404 error" or something. Magnus, could you please re-upload the file or should i wait for a revision compatible with the newest RP 2.1?

Magnus said:
I'm waiting with releasing a new version until the RP 2.1 comes out, as I'm going to change some of the maps and need the Enhanced ones from the RP. These changes will mainly be giving AP ammo to late-game enemies and making sure enemies can use the weapons they carry. Maybe I'll add a couple of Molotovs in the starter towns and give them to some enemies.

Hi Magnus, are those changes crucial and needed for compatibility?
I am waiting right now only for sfall Jinxed trait fix and your mod to finally dive into restored Fallout 2. thx

This mod works very well both with and without the RP, regardless of the RP version. What I'll be doing with the next version is to add armor values for all of killap's critters, like Kaga, and some other minor changes. I suggest that you do not use the current Unarmed AP changes, as they depend on modifying the .exe. The next version will have them scripted instead.

You can start now with the current version, and then install the updated version when I get around to doing it, and continue your save.

Right now I'm up north and can't do anything, I'll be home in a few days and ready to finish up a new version.

Oh, and I fixed the download link, thanks JaW.

Absolutely fantastic. This mod has made the combat in Fallout 2 feel a lot more fresh and versatile. I'm an energy/throwing build. I had no idea heaving crowbars at people could be so fun.

I want to suggest adding an option for even scarcer ammunition. I'm around Vault City and, in true F2 style, I've got more shotgun shells and 10mm than anyone could ever need. Don't get me started on my stash of hunting rifles.

But that's a problem that goes way beyond the scope of your mod. Every encounter with humans has an awful lot of guns.

Lazlo said:
I want to suggest adding an option for even scarcer ammunition.
I agree. FO2 goes so incredibly overboard with loot, extreme measures are required. What the game needs is the possibility of the player actually running out of ammo.

UniversalWolf said:
Lazlo said:
I want to suggest adding an option for even scarcer ammunition.
I agree. FO2 goes so incredibly overboard with loot, extreme measures are required. What the game needs is the possibility of the player actually running out of ammo.

I'm going to join this petition.

I love Fallout 2 but despise how easy it is, especially when it comes to abundance of items and money.

So i hope it's not a lot of work, and that Magnus can make a third option with truly scarse ammo.

Thanks for the love, Lazlo, this mod survives on feedback like that.

Ammo isn't bought, it's found. You will never run out of it. This is because:

In every random encounter, or unless manually unloaded in the mapper, a gun will always be fully loaded. There are no options for unloading a gun in random encounter, and in the mapper you can only make the gun either full or empty.

The ideal situation would be that in every random encounter, every gun would have a random number of rounds between 1 and the max clip size. This requires a fundamental modification of how FO2 treats guns. This would also require manually putting ammo in every gun in every level using the mapper, unless you want those guns to have random ammo too.

Technical modifications aside, I can always reduce the available ammo in levels. Some enemies do indeed carry several stacks of ammo. I've planned on giving hard enemies AP ammo, I can also look into giving them less ammo overall.

I too am keen on finding a way to have the player, as universal wolf puts it - actually run out of ammo

I will be investigating this for my Survival mod. Magnus has some interesting points there about random encounter guns providing alot of ammo, and there needing to be a way to have half-empty magazines spawning. Hmmm....

Almost every guy you meet has not only the fully-loaded gun, but a '1x' amount of corresponding ammo. Any chance that amount of spare ammo could be reduced/deleted? Or does that have to be done individually in mapper as well?

sfall has a scripting command to set ammo to w/e yuou want,could be easily done with a global script

Nirran

Back