Fallout 4 beginning

aboniks said:
It should start with a cinematic BoS vertibird crash caused by a rain of frogs. (directed by Micheal Bay) No survivors.

After that there should be a game that doesn't have the BoS in it at all, unless it's a scene where you pick over their corpses and your companions make snide remarks about how ridiculous power armor is.

I like this idea. God damn brotherhood are so over rated. Every "Fallout" fan that's only played 3 and New Vegas think they are the greatest guys ever and are the good guys. They are a Neutral faction.

The whole "pre-war person who was in stasis and then waked up" doesn't sound bad as the start for a Fallout game, actually. You can make all sorts of backstory for that. Maybe the player was a soldier, scientist, etc. The player starts the game and has to get all facts of life in the wasteland handed to him.

If you want to explain the player's bad-assery, just substitute super-soldier to somekind of genetic enhancement experiment... so if the player is ultra-dumb, it may be a bad side-effect, if the player is mega-smart, then it was a good effect, etc.

Why would they freeze you before clonning you? One would think cold would be the last thing they want when trying to get someone's reproductive material...

I think the logic is that the freeezer just takes a decent sperm'n'skin sample for the cloning process.

F3

I think that the Fallout 3 intro was amazing. This was my first game in the series and for me, i didn't know what to expect. It felt peaceful at first in the vault. Then, all of a sudden, you were thrown into a ravaged world away from the 1920s type false paradise you were in. It sent shock throughout my mind and whenever i think of this intro, i still get chills because of how it was set up.

Why start out again in the Resources War? Haven't we've seen enough of it in Operation Anchorage? Anyways, the idea of being cryogenical frozen is a neat idea but it just needs to be done right. You would have to explain how the facility you were in was so well protected and how it managed to keep running after 200 years.

How about you create your character and decide your characters back story (choosing skill points, traits etc) during your mad rush for a bunker that someone (father, friend in the service, national alert warning, laboratory doctor etc) told you to get to when there is warning of a Nuke attack...

You fight your way to it, get in and then lock the door. while fooling around you get into the cryo chamber (thinking it is a tanning bed or some other device depending on what back story you have chosen)...

You wake up when the computer running the place decides there is not enough power to safely keep you suspended any longer... you have no idea 20, 50, 100, 200, etc years have passed.

You are told that power will fail in 5 minutes... grab what you can and run for it... you have to choose what you will grab and then head for the door. If you take too long the lights turn out... you have no pip boy yet to light the hall ways... the door starts closing.. out you go.

If you stay... the game tells you you eventually starve to death after going crazy in the dark and it restarts where it told you to grab stuff and run for it.

Once outside... you have to learn to live in the new Post Apocalyptic hellscape.

Eventually you will find a pip boy (probably on some dead vault dweller who was trying to get into the bunker you just got out of... and was conveniently killed by the bunkers defenses.

(this is actually one of the starting points for my Fallout Detroit game)
There are 5 or 6 starting points depending on the type of character you choose to play.

WPD

I don't like it. Super-soldiers and cryo-preservation isn't my ideal setup for a new character. I want it to be just like FNV and Fallout 3 *to an extent*. You define your past based on dialogue and your allegiances. Role-play is essential, and Fallout shouldn't force me into being some sort of pre-war popsicle. It just ruins the experience story-wise, and leveling up and choosing what skills to develop would be moot if your character emerged in the beginning as some sort of omnipotent freak.

Even then, I want limits being placed on just how powerful the character can get. I want to live the wastelander experience, not some innocence lost crap.

You start off in your mother's womb, navigating your way toward the exit. For the first time in your life, you see a natural light.

Then you have your 16th birthday party together with your tightly-knit group of other Down Syndrome sufferers, and eventually wander out into the wasteland.

There, you will go into your first town, UltraGas, which was built on top of a volcano. The sheriff, Raluka Romero, will meet you with open arms, because she's bored.

On your journey, you will tune into the classic radio hijinks of Magix Superfly, a radio host with an attitude.

You will have an inevitable encounter with Knights Of The Roundtable, who believe in miniguns.

You will see many wanders of the post-nuclear universe that you would've never imagined: such as vampires, and children that can withstand a nuclear blast.

It will be truly a journey to remember.

In the end you'll fight a robot dragon or something.

shihonage said:
You start off in your mother's womb, navigating your way toward the exit. For the first time in your life, you see a natural light.

Then you have your 16th birthday party together with your tightly-knit group of other Down Syndrome sufferers, and eventually wander out into the wasteland.

There, you will go into your first town, UltraGas, which was built on top of a volcano. The sheriff, Raluka Romero, will meet you with open arms, because she's bored.

On your journey, you will tune into the classic radio hijinks of Magix Superfly, a radio host with an attitude.

You will have an inevitable encounter with Knights Of The Roundtable, who believe in miniguns.

You will see many wanders of the post-nuclear universe that you would've never imagined: such as vampires, and children that can withstand a nuclear blast.

It will be truly a journey to remember.

In the end you'll fight a robot dragon or something.

*Forwards plot idea to Bethesda writing department*

Oddly I was thinking about this today, I thought of .. vault 21, people live in it but its not sealed, people in the comuity are permitted to leave at age.. 21. You are just 19 when the vault is attacked. You are in a garage (thus bringing trasport into the game). You are in a pit working on a buggy and one of the unknown intruders knocks a switch or buton dropping the car on you. You wake up and crawl out of the pit, near by is your friend (who is older than 21) he gives you his Pip-Boy and tells you to go to the "outside prep unit" (this is the where you will do S.P.E.C.I.A.L. and the like) you then go out into the world with the main game objective being to find out who attacked the vault and why.

Devolution said:
Why start out again in the Resources War? Haven't we've seen enough of it in Operation Anchorage? Anyways, the idea of being cryogenical frozen is a neat idea but it just needs to be done right. You would have to explain how the facility you were in was so well protected and how it managed to keep running after 200 years.
. TOTALY! And I literally get gosebumbs when I think back to first seeing the opening scene with the bus

What if it wasn't before the war or anything, but you were the first vault to open? I think it could be cool but there might not be any factions which would be a problem. So, it might be best just to do a new location and the same old kinda story, the beginning would be hard to do though because we have already had memory erased and when you are originally born. I am guessing you will probably be a baby again but maybe not born in the vault.

First of all, in my opinion they may expand to the Midwest/plains commonwealth, so I will base my beginning off of this.

I will go off on that the BoS did in fact send troops out and they crashed, but they will be the old neutral faction that they are supposed to be, maybe being a more antagonistic faction due to the state you are in.

You are a mere child in a village (yet to be named due to me being extremely tired) when the BoS ships crash into Chicago. It causes great terror in your village and some scouts go to check it out. they do not return.

Time-skip to when you are an adult. It is time for your adult ceremony, where you are able to choose your look. You go through some questions all ceremonial like, then you get a looted Pip-Boy 2000+/3000 (I would like to choose myself. The game should warn you that you cannot remove them. Both will be wrist worn.)

You are then sent out into the wasteland to prove worthy of adulthood.

you eventually find out that the poorly-supported Midwestern BoS has been kidnapping tribe members to make their own ranks strengthen, and have also been harassing people for technology.

Albatross_Ross said:
Oddly I was thinking about this today, I thought of .. vault 21, people live in it but its not sealed, people in the comuity are permitted to leave at age.. 21. You are just 19 when the vault is attacked. You are in a garage (thus bringing trasport into the game). You are in a pit working on a buggy and one of the unknown intruders knocks a switch or buton dropping the car on you. You wake up and crawl out of the pit, near by is your friend (who is older than 21) he gives you his Pip-Boy and tells you to go to the "outside prep unit" (this is the where you will do S.P.E.C.I.A.L. and the like) you then go out into the world with the main game objective being to find out who attacked the vault and why.
And when does the Gambling thing enter in place? Did Mr House melt all the cars to make the junk wall?
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_21

aboniks said:
After that there should be a game that doesn't have the BoS in it at all

Or the game were you are the one to found it.

Like "Fallout 4: The Rise of the Brotherhood" or something. Early factions, fighting on the ruins of a still nuclear-warm world. Early cities, raised by organizing raiders, rampant slavery and violence, and so on. And now someone decides to start gathering and protecting knowledge just to save it in a coming Dark Age, as he or she sees it.

This 200+ after-the-war world is becoming too much overused already, IMO.

Start the game as some random wasteland asshole in the commonwealth. The village you are in gets trashed by a group of guys with guns and a foul demeanor. You escape and seek assistance from a nearby town or head off in some random direction because you saw a shiny new toilet to drink from. In the end you find out that you are an android and the mercenaries were hired by the commonwealth to find you by any means necessary. The town you started in was the central hub of the underground railroad and they had just wiped the memory of your previous life.

Back