Fallout 4: The Nature of Generic Bad Dudes

Yeah, but it took Bethesda to turn them into handgrenades that apparantly a boy can throw.
Which has nothing to do with what we were talking about. So now you are just moving goalposts.

Cute, but not an effective way to discuss things.

Except at places like the Glow in Fallout 1.
The time period between the Glow being hit and Fallout 1 is not a big one. It is feasible for radiation to be there by the time 1 & 2 comes along.

Not to mention the few confirmed nuclear hit sites in the Vegas area
We can't forget which game started that trend though with an un-detonated nuke in the middle of a somehow thriving town. Starts with a Mega and ends with a ton.

The time period between the Glow being hit and Fallout 1 is not a big one. It is feasible for radiation to be there by the time 1 & 2 comes along.

We can't forget which game started that trend though with an un-detonated nuke in the middle of a somehow thriving town. Starts with a Mega and ends with a ton.
The Glow is still there by the time of New Vegas however, so its been 200 years, and its still there.

Which Obsidian could have easily ignored had they chosen too. Also, Gravestone in Tactics was actually the first town to feature said plot device, not Megaton.

Not to mention the few confirmed nuclear hit sites in the Vegas area. But, lets ignore when Interplay/Black Isle/Obsidian does it, because that doesn't fit the narrative.
Not to mention nuclear waste disposals around Big Mountain.
But even considering things that were a fantasy, New Vegas still got it better, since such incompetence does not hit you with a hammer in a first 10 minutes of narration, but one of those less-than-1% event of still presenting high radiation.

The Glow is still there by the time of New Vegas however, so its been 200 years, and its still there.
Along with Dayglow. The radiation could have dissipated for all we know (since no one actually goes in detail about it) but there would still be a thriving town that continues salvaging the facility since the place is literally next to an old military research facility. It's a lot of valuable equipment after all inside a heavily guarded facility.

The town is not in the Glow but they are close enough to make a thriving salvage business:
http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Dayglow

The Glow was still irradiated in 2162, which is 85 years after the war. Boston was irradiated (severely) in 2287, which is 210 years after the war. In New Vegas, the only place to be severely irradiated was Vault 34, everything else was light to medium radiation or local radiation caused by barrels/waste.

The Glow was still irradiated in 2162, which is 85 years after the war. Boston was irradiated (severely) in 2287, which is 210 years after the war. In New Vegas, the only place to be severely irradiated was the Vault 34, everything else was light to medium radiation or local radiation caused by barrels.
There's still one place that was kinda off - nuclear test site. One in the entire New Vegas vs Fallout 3 & 4's everything.

The Glow was still irradiated in 2162, which is 85 years after the war. Boston was irradiated (severely) in 2287, which is 210 years after the war. In New Vegas, the only place to be severely irradiated was the Vault 34, everything else was light to medium radiation or local radiation caused by barrels.
Where is this severe radiation in Boston? Outside the glowing sea, the only irradiated places are places with nuclear barrels, or old power plants.

As for New Vegas, you forget
Mesquite Mountain Crater - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Mesquite_Mountains_Crater
Cottonwood Crater - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Cottonwood_crater
Both are nuclear impact sites, still heavily irradiated, despite there being no barrels.

~20 rads at max. Oh my, time to test myself on leukemia.
Which is more rads then anywhere in Boston outside direct impact sites, and the center of the glowing sea.

wow, its almost like,i ts the exact same as NV.

There's still one place that was kinda off - nuclear test site. One in the entire New Vegas vs Fallout 3 & 4's everything.
I totally forgot about that place. Good call there.

Greed, do you recall how every 15-20 minutes of gameplay a nasty radiation storm will blow up and super dose you with radiation every time lightning strikes? Yeah, pretty much all of Boston has severe radiation and Glowing Sea (a nice knock off of The Glow) is exceptional in it's overt deadliness (despite there being a settlement of humans residing inside of it).

Which is more rads then anywhere in Boston outside direct impact sites, and the center of the glowing sea.

wow, its almost like,i ts the exact same as NV.
9 warheads. VS THREE for Boston.

Greed, do you recall how every 15-20 minutes of gameplay a nasty radiation storm will blow up and super dose you with radiation every time lightning strikes? Yeah, pretty much all of Boston has severe radiation and Glowing Sea (a nice knock off of The Glow) is exceptional in it's overt deadliness (despite there being a settlement of humans residing inside of it).
Having played Fallout 4 for over 1,000 hours. I have gotten rad storms once every 10 hours, at most.

Also, the radiation given by the lightning strikes is about 1 rad. Its so minor you can stand outside, bare naked, for a whole one, and not even reach 1/4 of the way to minor rad poising.

You get more rads drinking the water in the few places with irradiated water in New Vegas then you do from rad storms.

You get more rads drinking the water in the few places with irradiated water in New Vegas then you do from rad storms.
Game mechanics from Fallout 3 with shared leveled lists, again, Bethesda go Bethesda.
Also, the radiation given by the lightning strikes is about 1 rad. Its so minor you can stand outside, bare naked, for a whole one, and not even reach 1/4 of the way to minor rad poising.
Game mechanics. Bethesda go Bethesda and pander the casuals, that's the only viable explanation. Radiation Storms are so radiation. the screen goes green, I remind you.

So wait... What's the point of having rad storms then? If they are barely a hazard, why even make them a threat that appears outside the Glow? I'd rather they act like emissions from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. where they were actually hazards that require some form of cover to survive.

And Fallout 1 was a bad attempt as hooking the player into the story with a "MUH FRIENDS IN THE VAULT!"
And Fallout 2 was "MUH FAMILY IN ARROYO!"
As an aside, if this is what you took to be the hook of Fallout 1 & 2... I will say that you've completely missed the mark. Dying homes and communities are a lot easier to empathise with than absent family members. At least 3 gave the player time to interact with James, Shaun was simply a Macguffin to find in-universe.

The Vault Dweller or the Chosen One could have only done their Main Quests to save their homes but not the people exactly (they could simply hate the people but recognises the need to preserve their permanent homes). Plus 2 actually went further with this idea since if the player returns to Arroyo at intervals, the NPCs there mentions their deteriorating conditions (with the Chosen One's least favourite aunt eating your cousin's dog).

~20 rads at max. Oh my, time to test myself on leukemia.
Isn't that a similar rate to swimming in the waters of Boston? Because for some reason, the water in Boston seems to be somewhat contaminated too.

(despite there being a settlement of humans residing inside of it).
Okay, what's up with those Atom's goombas? Super Mutant immunity to radiation, I understand, but human immunity through religion? The fact that they have a settlement in the Glow simply baffles me.

Ah... the Fallout 4 apologist at work... Trying to explain things with head-canon, in-game mechanics and apologist justifications... Along with attempted discrediting of other works to make their favourite game look better. Here I was thinking they stayed away from NMA in recent days but I guess videos made by OP would bring em back.

Isn't that a similar rate to swimming in the waters of Boston? Because for some reason, the water in Boston seems to be somewhat contaminated too.
Every single source of water excluding rain so much that you need to spam purifiers.

Every single source of water excluding rain so much that you need to spam purifiers.
I wonder why there is no Vault-based community that created a settlement with a GECK in 4. Come to think of it, did any of the Vaults in 4 have GECKs or happened to be control Vaults?

Game mechanics from Fallout 3 with shared leveled lists, again, Bethesda go Bethesda.

Game mechanics. Bethesda go Bethesda and pander the casuals, that's the only viable explanation. Radiation Storms are so radiation. the screen goes green, I remind you.
Well
A. Radiation level from water have nothing to do with leveled lists
B. If Obsidian wanted to, it would have taken all of 5 seconds to change the value
So wait... What's the point of having rad storms then? If they are barely a hazard, why even make them a threat that appears outside the Glow? I'd rather they act like emissions from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. where they were actually hazards that require some form of cover to survive.
Its not supposed to be a threat. Its there because no game has shown the effects on weather the nuclear had war. Its there for wold building purposes.
Dying homes and communities are a lot easier to empathise with than absent family members.
Not really, in fact, all of human history has shown people care about themselves first, their family second, and everyone else third.
Isn't that a similar rate to swimming in the waters of Boston?
Its about 5 per second actually IIRC.
but human immunity through religion?
They don't gain immunity through religion.

I'm not sure which difficulty or mods you're using Greed, but I got storms roughly every 15-20 minutes (real time) that dosed me at 2-5 rads per strike unless I retreated into power armor for the duration. By the time the storm passes I'd have incurred roughly 20-40 rads if I didn't take shelter in the armor. I've only played Fallout 4 four about 25-30 hours.

Cerberus, I have no flippin' clue why base humans can survive radiation. That settlement makes less than zero sense. The Boston Glow is downright brutal to venture into and then you find a group of smiling jacks at the center; it's completely asinine.

I wonder why there is no Vault-based community that created a settlement with a GECK in 4. Come to think of it, did any of the Vaults in 4 have GECKs or happened to be control Vaults?
There's no vault with a GECK. At all.

Back