Fallout 4: The Nature of Generic Bad Dudes

Wait, are you ACTUALLY implying Metal Gear has a good story, characters, and makes you think?

No one plays Metal Gear for the story, because the story is 100% pure, Grade A garbage, full of cliche conspiracy theories, NANOMACHINES!, and every dumb cliche about the corrupting power of technology, that only get progressively more stupid every new game in the series. Nothing Metal Gear does is remotely original or thought provoking. Even some of the most hardcore MGS fans only play it for the gameplay, because the gameplay is the best part of it. What world do you come from where people care about the story of Metal Gear?
Aw man, why you insult Metal Gear? Sad face.

Wait, are you ACTUALLY implying Metal Gear has a good story, characters, and makes you think?

No one plays Metal Gear for the story, because the story is 100% pure, Grade A garbage, full of cliche conspiracy theories, NANOMACHINES!, and every dumb cliche about the corrupting power of technology, that only get progressively more stupid every new game in the series. Nothing Metal Gear does is remotely original or thought provoking. Even some of the most hardcore MGS fans only play it for the gameplay, because the gameplay is the best part of it. What world do you come from where people care about the story of Metal Gear?

People who actually understand what Kojima is trying to say with them. Granted as the series goes on the story wanes and there's "Nanomachines/parasites are the reason why such and such" but MGS1, 2 and 3 have good parts to their stories. To call them complete garbage just makes me think you either haven't played them or you didn't fully understand them.

I can't completely disagree as I haven't played *most* of the series, but I urge you to watch this video

No offense, but you stated you haven't played most of the series. So I wouldn't take your word for it. I have yet to watch the video but it seems to be focused on MGS2. Not exactly the whole franchise is it?

>Critical

Bait title 101 or how to bring an attention. No one criticizing MGS, not strong and good enough. MGS2 is one of those shitty attempts at "Thinking's man game" (besides widely known Bioshit Infinite) with strong narrative focus over what makes game a game - gameplay.

No offense, but you stated you haven't played most of the series. So I wouldn't take your word for it. I have yet to watch the video but it seems to be focused on MGS2. Not exactly the whole franchise is it?
Well his argument was about the story, and from everything that I've heard about the series, it seems very story-driven and focused. From the video taking a closer look at its story, I was very enthralled. Just thought I'd share it, sorry if I deviated the discussion :D
Edit: Shit my bad, I meant to quote someone else, the one who was actually insulting MGS
Sorry for the confusion lol

Last edited:
Back