Fallout 4: The Nature of Generic Bad Dudes

A. Radiation level from water have nothing to do with leveled lists
B. If Obsidian wanted to, it would have taken all of 5 seconds to change the value
Bethesda could fix a typo in a McCready's perk in a minute after a bug report, but it took them three weeks.
I was talking about a bottles of radioactive water and shit before you start to remembring them, actually. About the water in a location, I already commented that.

Its not supposed to be a threat. Its there because no game has shown the effects on weather the nuclear had war. Its there for wold building purposes.
Then it's pointless if that's the case and also, how would nukes = radiation storms with lightning. Would it not be more interesting if Boston actually faced proper weather hazards that causes their communities to be shaped by it i.e building re-enforced structures to cope with said storms or even radioactive rain since the water in Boston is so contaminated? The fact that rad storms may (or may not) be that harmful makes the whole thing pointless.

Not really, in fact, all of human history has shown people care about themselves first, their family second, and everyone else third.
Then you missed my point. One pull in 1 is that the Vault Dweller could only be saving the vault to secure his/her own home without caring about the community. They could be simply protecting the roof over their heads.

There's no vault with a GECK. At all.
I guess this means Boston was supposed to die after the bombs fell. Who knew Vault-tec shared our sentiments about the place?

They are about ~1.5x bigger.
Well, next time I fire it up to screw with my Vault Workshop vault, I might go seek one out to see it. I rather liked the aesthetic choices they made for the vaults so it might be a nice bit of sight-seeing.

There cheaters have rad-away in their pockets, actually.
Ah... so much for embracing Atom's love.
But that fully exposed Atom settlement in the Glow is quite glaring regardless and I doubt scores of Radaway could keep you alive...

Then it's pointless if that's the case and also, how would nukes = radiation storms with lightning.?
It doesn't. the rad storms are caused by winds blowing radiation from the glowing sea into the surrounding area.

Would it not be more interesting if Boston actually faced proper weather hazards that causes their communities to be shaped by it i.e building re-enforced structures to cope with said storms or even radioactive rain since the water in Boston is so contaminated?
No, because if it was really THAT dangerous then nothing would have survived at all

I guess this means Boston was supposed to die after the bombs fell. Who knew Vault-tec shared our sentiments about the place?
Are you implying Vaults were meant to save anyone to begin with?

Ah... so much for embracing Atom's love.
But that fully exposed Atom settlement in the Glow is quite glaring regardless and I doubt scores of Radaway could keep you alive...
Actually, as they explain in Far Harbor, many people in the church are immune to radiation.

the ones who are not let radiation build up inside them, and then use rad away to purge it, just so they can build it up again, as they see it as accepting Atom or w/e

Not really, in fact, all of human history has shown people care about themselves first, their family second, and everyone else third.

As an aside, I'd suggest actually reading some history because you cannot back this statement up, at all, with any sort of historical trend. In fact, human history as, repeatedly, shown the exact opposite to be true. Human beings are remarkable for their capacity for selflessness and compassion, putting themselves second and the needs of others, be it family, community, polis/nation/state/tribe/etc before themselves.

No, because if it was really THAT dangerous then nothing would have survived at all
Exactly, it would be like a game of S.T.A.L.K.E.R except even more intense and with less re-spawning enemy NPCs. It would force the community to survive underground and make them develop differently (in fact, isn't there a mod that makes the game this way?).

Based on Boston's lack of control Vaults, it seems Bethesda thinks the answer is no. Which is stupid since control Vaults were always available in some capacity in most states seen so far. Vegas had one (that the Fiends massacred) and California had one (that became Vault City). The lack of control Vaults from Bethesda have always been nonsensical to me.

Actually, as they explain in Far Harbor, many people in the church are immune to radiation.

the ones who are not let radiation build up inside them, and then use rad away to purge it, just so they can build it up again, as they see it as accepting Atom or w/e
Ah - That did not make any sense. At all. Nice job trying to explain something inherently nonsensical. :clap:

I like your wording here. To begin with, yes the Vaults absolutely were meant to save people. It wasn't until Fo2 that they started to retcon the vaults as some sort of social experiment thing and even then it was subtle. The Vaults would both save people and carry out little tests. It was later on (and Bethesda especially) that turned it up to 11 and made the Vaults lollercaust zones of over-the-topness.

But yes, in Fallout 1 ("to begin with") the Vaults were strictly meant to protect and save people.

Ah - That did not make any sense. At all. Nice job trying to explain something inherently nonsensical. :clap:
Dude! It is an evolution, people developed radiation resistance! Duh! :V
I like your wording here. To begin with, yes the Vaults absolutely were meant to save people. It wasn't until Fo2 that they started to retcon the vaults as some sort of social experiment thing and even then it was subtle. The Vaults would both save people and carry out little tests. It was later on (and Bethesda especially) that turned it up to 11 and made the Vaults lollercaust zones of over-the-topness.
It's a Bethesda thing, is actually a viable explanation to a Fallout 4 fan.

Human beings are remarkable for their capacity for selflessness and compassion, putting themselves second and the needs of others, be it family, community, polis/nation/state/tribe/etc before themselves.
And the people who are like that are praised for being paragons of virtue exactly because normal people are not like that.

A quick google search could bring up any number of reports and studies about humans are naturally and intrinsically selfish. Its a basic biological instinct stemming from the self preservation mechanism, and refined for most of early human history having humans being unable to support any sort of community beyond themselves and their immediately family, which has made everyone being "the enemy" an instinctual reflex.

Hell, one of the core tenants of Fallout is all about this very thing.

Exactly, it would be like a game of S.T.A.L.K.E.R except even more intense and with less re-spawning enemy NPCs. It would force the community to survive underground and make them develop differently (in fact, isn't there a mod that makes the game this way?).

Based on Boston's lack of control Vaults, it seems Bethesda thinks the answer is no. Which is stupid since control Vaults were always available in some capacity in most states seen so far. Vegas had one (that the Fiends massacred) and California had one (that became Vault City). The lack of control Vaults from Bethesda have always been nonsensical to me.

Ah - That does not make any sense. At all.
Except STALKER is only one small part of Ukraine, that supported by a constant influx of people and supplies from the unaffected outside world. the STALKER society in the zone only exist due to the outside world.

Given that there are 122(at least), Vaults, and only like 12 control vaults. There is only a 1/10 chance of of a Vault being a control Vault. Also, there is a control vault, one near D.C., mentioned in the Citadel computer achieves.

Sure it does. the radiation that covered the world during the great war would have killed off most people. Those who survived who naturally develop some resistance to radiation, and generations of people lviing in various level of irradiated environments would have only made this resistance higher over the course of 200 years. Its really not surprising that we are finally starting to see a small group of people whose genes have given then an effective immunity to radiation.

But yes, in Fallout 1 ("to begin with") the Vaults were strictly meant to protect and save people.
Uhh no. In Fallout 2, the control vaults only served a use for the Enclave to see how people would develop naturally, without any sort of "test" being applied to them.

Even in Fallout 2, the control vaults only existed for information gathering purposes, and to serve as a stock of pure humans for any Enclave experiments.

They were not made to "save" anyone. The Enclave didn't care about the lives of anyone but themselves.

They were not made to "save" anyone. The Enclave didn't care about the lives of anyone but themselves.
But GECKs were in the supply line nonetheless, if it's not said otherwise for a specified vault, which is the point you two missed completely. According to Fallout 2, every vault should have some.

But GECKs were in the supply line nonetheless, if it's not said otherwise for a specified vault, which is the point you two missed completely.
Sure, but not all vaults got a GECK, and not all the GECKs worked.

None of the Vaults in the mojave area got a GECK, just like none of the ones in Boston got a GECK.

Back