Fallout 4: The Nature of Generic Bad Dudes

Excpet he was a traveling doctor before settle down in goodspring after his wife's death, and he do keep a small farm in the backyard of his house.
No he doesn't

The back door is even boarded up since he never goes back there.
20161104205816_1.jpg

He was expecting us to believe through his long-ass spewing terminilogy that Fallout 4 is actually a well written and well designed game with everything on it's place.
Fallout 4 is actually pretty mediocre in terms of writing. But if straw manning my arguments is what makes you feel better.

Wait, are you actually trying to imply that airborne FEV is canon despite the fact Avellone and Tim Cain expressively denied so in the Fallout Bibles?
Airborne FEV was never the source of the dispute, it was whether or not it caused ghoulism. However, go ahead and strike that part and you still have organic components exposed to high levels of radiation which we know can straight up kill cells (that's why we use it for cancer treatments). Dead cells = dead organics and blahblahbittyblah I just lost interest in talking to this guy.

I've played in the shallow end with the troll enough for tonight.

Greed, you have stamina, I'll give ya that. Enjoy your stay, brief though it may be.

Airborne FEV was never the source of the dispute, it was whether or not it caused ghoulism. However, go ahead and strike that part and you still have organic components exposed to high levels of radiation which we know can straight up kill cells (that's why we use it for cancer treatments). Dead cells = dead organics and blahblahbittyblah I just lost interest in talking to this guy.
Actually, airborne FEV in general was in dispute, as Avellone switched sides after someone pointed out, among other things, that it would have been impossible for it to have gone all around the world.

Also, the GECK would have basic radiation shielding. It would need it in general or else it would have been useless no matter what, given that there would have been radiation pockets in places all over the world.

orly.jpg

Goodsprings was founded by NCR citizens given a land grant. Thus, those are farms made by people from the NCR, and not people from the mojave

So what were you saying about:
never saying only people from the NCR lived in the town
since you clearly think that the farms were made by people from the NCR? It's not like places like Westside and parts of Freeside exist in New Vegas...

Let's face it, he's the town doctor. Why would he need to farm when his job is to make sure that the people of Goodsprings remain healthy?

Also, the GECK would have basic radiation shielding. It would need it in general or else it would have been useless no matter what, given that there would have been radiation pockets in places all over the world.
Source? If you actually claim that it would make sense, I will laugh at that argument since that kind of logic does not fit in the universe Bethesda created.

Anyways, I'll also be ignoring Greed at this point. No use giving it acknowledgement since it's too set in its ways and can only resort to nitpicking to escape arguments. At least @CT Phipps was better at this (and has improved from his early days).

So what were you saying about:
I was saying exactly what I said. That people from the NCR founded the town, and that people from the NCR made the farms there. There is no hidden meaning in there.

since you clearly think that the farms were made by people from the NCR? It's not like places like Westside and parts of Freeside exist in New Vegas...
In case you forgot, the farms in Freeside and Westside were made using the water supply system the NCR operates. There is even a big quest about how Westside's farms only function from stealing the NCR's water...

Which goes back to what oriignally said. How is it that no one made a farm in Vegas proper until the NCR showed up?

Let's face it, he's the town doctor. Why would he need to farm when his job is to make sure that the people of Goodsprings remain healthy?
He wouldn't, which is why I never tried to say he should be.

But you believe Fallout 4 is good
I don't think Fallout 4 is good.

Don't go full on 4chan/Reddit with that dumb argument that any defense of a game means you like it.

I despite Mass Effect, but if someone said Mass Effect had Shepard say he wanted to kill all Jews I would point out how thats wrong.

Which goes back to what oriignally said. How is it that no one made a farm in Vegas proper until the NCR showed up?
Farm need lots of water, Mojave is a desert, lake mead have lots of water, but it's too far, since Mr. House have no care about freeside, only NCR got the resources and manpower and the willing to build the water supply system.

Farm need lots of water, Mojave is a desert, lake mead have lots of water, but it's too far, since Mr. House have no care about freeside, only NCR got the resources and manpower and the willing to build the water supply system.
Except they had that massive ass pipe system sitting there the whole time, you are saying no one bothered to try to fix it? Also, what is irrigation.

They had 190+ years before House did anything to achieve something.

Random aside, FEV work perfectly for Synths because they're Artificial Humans or Bioroids rather than androids/robots.

Organic Technology.

I don't think Fallout 4 is good.

Don't go full on 4chan/Reddit with that dumb argument that any defense of a game means you like it.

I despite Mass Effect, but if someone said Mass Effect had Shepard say he wanted to kill all Jews I would point out how thats wrong.

You don't know what you are saying. You seem confused.
Fallout 4 is an example of a modern day masterpiece. It puts into question what is right. Do we do what's best for humanity or follow our heart in a soil crashing option that puts the player character's motivation into question. How far should science go before we say it's gone too far?
Can humanity truly overcome the destruction of the past and rebuild for a better future?

There is so much more to fallout 4 than you think, I could go on forever over how deep it truly is. But you will just have to take my word for it.

You don't know what you are saying. You seem confused.
Fallout 4 is an example of a modern day masterpiece. It puts into question what is right. Do we do what's best for humanity or follow our heart in a soil crashing option that puts the player character's motivation into question. How far should science go before we say it's gone too far?
Can humanity truly overcome the destruction of the past and rebuild for a better future?

There is so much more to fallout 4 than you think, I could go on forever over how deep it truly is. But you will just have to take my word for it.
How cute. Did you get that off 4chan?

How cute. Did you get that off 4chan?

No, I really think Fallout 4 is the best written and best game mechanically in the franchise.
I mean, look at New Vegas. You're right, why after all these years would it all of a sudden become this prosperous place where everyone loves to go if it wasn't hit directly by the bombs?
It's not like it was mentioned in any other Fallout game before New Vegas, I mean, there was no desert ranger going around there at the time about 100 before New Vegas was there?

Now Fallout 4, there is a game with no Plotholes. The whole Kid in a Fridge quest works as a nice metaphor and even has a nice bit of subtle foreshadowing if you play it before you meet Father. You see, you could say it's to signify the changing of the times, that the people have changed over time and that eventually, your son has become more accustomed to the modern world of Fallout 4 than to the World your character once knew.
It's a bit of genius writing on behalf of Emil. The moment when you hand him to his parents and a bunch of slavers try to take him away is a metaphor that your son was taken away and that the Sole Survivor has a chance of stopping history from repeating itself.

Except they had that massive ass pipe system sitting there the whole time, you are saying no one bothered to try to fix it? Also, what is irrigation.
You need resources, technology and manpower to fix the pipe system, Mr. House is the only one in this region who have all of those, and irrigation is not magic, no enough water mean no farm.

No, I really think Fallout 4 is the best written and best game mechanically in the franchise.
I mean, look at New Vegas. You're right, why after all these years would it all of a sudden become this prosperous place where everyone loves to go if it wasn't hit directly by the bombs?
It's not like it was mentioned in any other Fallout game before New Vegas, I mean, there was no desert ranger going around there at the time about 100 before New Vegas was there?

Now Fallout 4, there is a game with no Plotholes. The whole Kid in a Fridge quest works as a nice metaphor and even has a nice bit of subtle foreshadowing if you play it before you meet Father. You see, you could say it's to signify the changing of the times, that the people have changed over time and that eventually, your son has become more accustomed to the modern world of Fallout 4 than to the World your character once knew.
It's a bit of genius writing on behalf of Emil. The moment when you hand him to his parents and a bunch of slavers try to take him away is a metaphor that your son was taken away and that the Sole Survivor has a chance of stopping history from repeating itself.
I laughed at this harder than I should have

Super Mutants have been healed by radiation for awhile. Even in NV they were healed by radiation. It makes sense you would want your super soldiers, in a world full of atomic energy, to be immune, and possibly benefit from, atomic power.
You are confusing Super Mutants with Ghouls. Super Mutants were never healed by radiation, actually the FEV makes Super Mutants immune to any radiation effects (immune =/= healing).

EDIT: Oh yeah, I need to add this (I am still reading, I am a very slow reader and there are like 7 pages of this to go through). I am a Fallout New Vegas modder and Super Mutants neither in Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas heal from radiation, the only ones healing from radiation are ghouls and even those only heal from Glowing Ones radiation.
So yeah, under the hood of Fallout New Vegas there is nothing to make Super Mutants in Fallout New Vegas heal by radiation.
Super Mutants aren't torture victims, they suffered something far worse then any torture humanity has ever used against another man. The pain broke them to the point of insanity.
Any sources on that? The only time Fawkes mention pain is when he says "All I can remember is the excruciating pain that tore through me as my body underwent the rapid physical changes." excruciating pain doesn't mean suffering far worst than any torture humanity has ever used against another man. Headaches and back pain can be so strong they can be medically categorized as excruciating too just as a comparison.

Last edited:
You are confusing Super Mutants with Ghouls. Super Mutants were never healed by radiation, actually the FEV makes Super Mutants immune to any radiation effects (immune =/= healing).

Any sources on that? The only time Fawkes mention pain is when he says "All I can remember is the excruciating pain that tore through me as my body underwent the rapid physical changes." excruciating pain doesn't mean suffering far worst than any torture humanity has ever used against another man. Headaches and back pain can be so strong they can be medically categorized as excruciating too just as a comparison.
Super Mutants are healed by radiation in Fallout 3, NV, and 4. Ghouls get healing from it too, but thats another matter.

I think the fact that you are trying to compare having your very DNA re written, and your entire body from bones, to skin, being remolded, with headaches and backpains, really shows how far you are willing to stretch things.

I also find it funny how convenient it is that you left out the rest of his line
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/MQ08Fawkes.txt
LW: So, tell me more about yourself.
Fakwes: I was born here, in this place. I don't mean that in the literal sense of course. All I can remember is the excruciating pain that tore through me as my body underwent the rapid physical changes. For most, this moment is what severs the grip on their minds. They become barely a shell of their former selves. I was different. When I spoke to them, they immediately branded me "another failure" and had me placed here as a curiosity.

Obviously the pain is enough to cause them to go crazy.

Super Mutants are healed by radiation in Fallout 3, NV, and 4. Ghouls get healing from it too, but thats another matter.

I think the fact that you are trying to compare having your very DNA re written, and your entire body from bones, to skin, being remolded, with headaches and backpains, really shows how far you are willing to stretch things.

I also find it funny how convenient it is that you left out the rest of his line
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/MQ08Fawkes.txt
LW: So, tell me more about yourself.
Fakwes: I was born here, in this place. I don't mean that in the literal sense of course. All I can remember is the excruciating pain that tore through me as my body underwent the rapid physical changes. For most, this moment is what severs the grip on their minds. They become barely a shell of their former selves. I was different. When I spoke to them, they immediately branded me "another failure" and had me placed here as a curiosity.

Obviously the pain is enough to cause them to go crazy.

Fallout 3 is a not canon piece of shit. Much like Brotherhood of Steel.
In fact, Fallout 3 is just Brotherhood of Steel 2.
It even has more to do with the BoS than that game.

Back