Fallout 76: E3 Trailer

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Hassknecht, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Dionis

Dionis Nuclear Russia Modder

Aug 26, 2016
    After Fallout3, will never buy F4, or this joke of a Fallout game.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  2. Eumesmopo

Eumesmopo Learned to love the bomb

Dec 6, 2012
    Fallout 1 = The antagonist is the man who wants to create a race of super powerful mutants, believing he can save humanity and create a better world by doing this. The hero ends up being the character who doesn't think he can save all of the world and is merely concerned about saving his own community.

Fallout 2 = The antagonists are the guys who want to kill all post-war mutants so that they can reclaim the mainland and reestablish the old american government. Again, the hero is the character who without such megalomaniac schemes and just wants to save his own community.

Fallout New Vegas = All of the large factions are concerned with bringing back order and civilization in a grand scale, they are only enemies of one another because they disagree on what the best form of government is (hegelian dialectics, as Caesar would say). The NCR wants to impose democratic republicanism, Caesar's Legion wants to impose autocratic dictatorship, House wants to impose plutocracy. Arguably the best ending is the one where you give all 3 the middle finger and let Mojave continue to be an anarchy.

The core message of the franchise is a declaration against the megalomaniac idea that sustains american exceptionalism; that you can make the world a better place by imposing your own model of order over all of it.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Serifan

Serifan Orderite Orderite

Aug 3, 2006
    At risk? Not at risk I straight up preorder that shit as soon as it appeared online.

I also ordered the plasma rifle replica.

4. TorontoReign

TorontoReign No Original Thought Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    You see younglings Serifan is what we call "Part of the problem"...

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. Serifan

Serifan Orderite Orderite

Aug 3, 2006
    It’s a fucking 1.1 scale power armour helmet and 1.1 replica plasma rifle.

My pussy rating went up by at least 10.

6. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, he's an aussie, so he doesn't need to spend money on shoes like the rest of us because he's only wearing flipflops, so he has the disposable income to spend it on shit and scams.

• [Like] [Like] x 5
  7. Sn1p3r187

Sn1p3r187 Carolinian Shaolin Monk

Apr 7, 2014
    So they seriously didn’t show any dialogue in game at all? Fuck it all. Fallout’s dead

8. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Bet's on quests being given by robots.

9. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    Quests are given by an Overseer that's likely never seen and probably a computer.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  10. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Queen Bitch

Jun 15, 2015
    b58.png

• [Like] [Like] x 8
  11. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Yep. They did the Overseer computer bit already.

12. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    I guess if the world is only populated by other players and hostiles they can just completely scrap the dialogue mechanics.
    You only get quests that involve shooting and looting, and you get the quests from a computer terminal, nothing more. No bargaining or anything.
    But I guess there will be some NPC traders and shit.

13. Lump of brain

Lump of brain First time out of the vault

Jun 11, 2018
    Shit feels bad man

14. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005

Locations spied.

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  15. khain

khain [X] Sarcastic

Dec 3, 2015
    I don't think they'll even bother with that. Go full automatons and vending machines and call it a day.

16. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    ROBCO TRAVELING GUN RUNNERS BUILT TO SUPPLY ALL YOUR POST APOCALYPTIC GUN NEEDS!

GIVE ME BOTTLE CAPS FOR NO REASON.

IGN is not liking this 76 online only shit. This is their fanbase too:

---

This actually makes more sense for Bethesda considering how shit tier their writing & questing is.

Just let the kiddies and casuals collect junk and nuke each other into oblivion over and over with no consequences. Softcore...just like Toddler said.

---

Fuck online only and fuck bethesda. I dont want 10 yr olds ruining my experience! Imma fire up fallout new vegas again. I miss obsidian :(

---

What i can play alone but still need an online connection? Nah im good.

---

Depending on how much Bethesda wants to invest in and commit to this game we may be seeing Fallout 5 sometime around never.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  17. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

18. khain

khain [X] Sarcastic

Dec 3, 2015
    So looking forward to nuking an entire settlement only to then find a kid hiding in a fridge who survived the blast.

19. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Not concerned about logic in a game with nuclear fridge kids.

20. antigravityslimepig

antigravityslimepig First time out of the vault

Jun 11, 2018
    Spotted this guy here being renamed the "Grafton Monster," implying the coal fires near Denver from Van Buren were repurposed for Grafton, WV (a coal town):

• [Like] [Like] x 4