Fallout 76: General thread

So two wrongs make a right?
Does the first wrong ever get punished?
And I wouldn't liken it to two wrongs. I would liken it to self-defense, which in a court setting, would hold up depending on the extent of the self-defense exhibited.
Someguy37, Greed (Someguy's alt btw)
Freaking Someguy is a troll now? Ahahaha....
Basically anyone who goes against the narrative that Bethesda fucked everything up is a troll now. That's coping at it's finest.

Freaking Someguy is a troll now?
Not the actual modder, a troll using the alias. The real one would be a well-regarded member if he were here. Plenty of people like his mods btw.

Also, nice twisiting of the point there btw.

EDIT: Unless you mean to tell me that Someguy2000 decided to go by Someguy37 to troll on a forum to waste time and bothered to make an alt account to flame and troll.

I would liken it to self-defense, which in a court setting, would hold up depending on the extent of the self-defense exhibited
So verbal insults justify pointless taunting, consistent flaming and mass generalization of an entire group? Nice logic there.

You must be fun at parties.

So, I'll be ignoring you from now on. You'll be gone in a week like all the trolls on this site.

I never said that. I said that NMA influenced those shitty games and reaped the consequences of it. His existence is proof of that. They wouldn't have even acknowledged or knew about him otherwise.
I just don’t see what your point is with this one. NMA hated and constantly criticized those games around the time they came out, but it’s NMA’s fault that they suck? I don’t agree with most of the points you’ve made but this just confuses the hell out of me.

I just don’t see what your point is with this one. NMA hated and constantly criticized those games around the time they came out, but it’s NMA’s fault that they suck? I don’t agree with most of the points you’ve made but this just confuses the hell out of me.
By its logic from its other posts, NMA is also the reason why people in other online discussions bash Fallout 3 and contributed to its contested sequel status in the franchise.

Monitor your sodium intake.
NMA hated and constantly criticized those games around the time they came out, but it’s NMA’s fault that they suck?
No. NMA was founded by Miroslav in 1997. The same year as the first Fallout game.
As soon as the developers started acknowledging the existence of this forum, the games had a steep decline into mediocrity. As soon as the devs started including references to the forum, including Roshambo, a former admin for the forum and the paint on the walls, the game's quality dipped. As soon as NMA had any say over the games, the franchise died. NMA had some participation in that.

And yes, NMA did criticize Tactics and BoS. But the point I'm trying to make is that it's hilarious how not even themselves like it, and they were a part of it's production. Leaks were posted here, etc etc. The devs were listening to NMA's input, and it ended up crashing into a wall. Many of the regulars here have shitty ideas on where the franchise should go, and the only games they've had any sort of influence over has evidenced this.

So when I say it's ironic that Fallout 3 brought the game back from the dead and NMA hate it, you can see how much of a "fan" these guys are.
By its logic from its other posts, NMA is also the reason why people in other online discussions bash Fallout 3 and contributed to its contested sequel status in the franchise.
Contested?

It has the highest metacritic score out of any Fallout game. It single-handedly revived a dead franchise. It's not contested at all, at least in the greater community.

Holy shit, NMA had influence on Fallout 2's development? I could do without the pop culture references and some of the other dumb shit, but it's a great game all around.

Wonder why they didn't had any influence on Fallout 3 since that's the game that need input from fans that understood the franchise. Wait, wasn't Pete Hines in this forum, asking for feedback? Wonder why he didn't took any feedback given how bad Fallout 3 is. Weird.

So NMA had an hand in its development, but then criticized it at release?
Yes, because they don't like their own shit. This isn't some unknown thing. It's been known for years.

Listen, you've been here since 2017 so let me clue you in a few things. Fallout was a dead franchise in 2004. It had been dead for 6 years. Nobody gave a shit about it. Around the early 2000s, gaming hit the mainstream in far greater capacities than it had ever done before.

In 2008, Bethesda released Fallout 3. Many of the people who bought Fallout 3 were TES fans and the game was designed a lot like Oblivion, hence why some on here called it "Oblivion with Guns". This also gave rise to a new generation of Fallout fans who brought Fallout into the mainstream.

Take a look at old YouTube comments from 2008/2009/2010 of "Fallout 1/2 gameplay". You will find that many of the most liked, commented on and top comments were "Wtf is this?", "this was Fallout?", "I didn't even know there was a Fallout 1 or 2". Fallout 3 was that popular, that majority of it's fanbase didn't even know of the first two games. They were ancient history by then.

The Vault Boy thumbs up icon is a cultural icon now. I always see it in PowerPoint presentations and some people who don't even play Fallout know of the Vault Boy's existence.

So Fallout 3 single-handedly, without a doubt, caused Fallout to be pushed into mainstream pop culture. Celebrities talked about it, the New Vegas party was hosted on Kim Kardashian's birthday, Matthew Perry was very vocal about his adoration for the game.

NMA hated this. They hated it so much they purposely spread misinformation about the game and threatened the lives of Bethesda employees.

Look at Fallout 3 and New Vegas now. People still talk about these games. They're still relevant within gaming culture today. They're both a decade old. In 2008, Fallout 1/2 were also a decade old. But they were about as relevant as pocket watches are to the contemporary fashion scene.

threatened the lives of Bethesda employees.
Hey, if you're gonna claim actual bullshit like this, I suggest you share actual citeable sources for this or drop the point entirely.

EDIT: You can be sure that I've reported you for this especially if you're lying. Unless the allegations are true @Hassknecht ?

Last edited:
Watch this video here. There's many different sources on the web about this as well, but I don't have them stored all on my computer, only in memory:

He talks about how the vitriol for Fallout 3 was so present within the community that they recieved death threats for the first time, fake bomb threats, etc etc. They had to hire security guards. It was insane.

Now get this, the only people having this much of a spergout about Bethesda getting the rights to Fallout was NMA. Even RPGcodex from what I remember were only cautious up until it came out and then they started to shit on it. NMA was the most vocal and ONLY forum out there doing this.

He even hints at this when he says "few websites in particular". Of course he didn't want to poke the NMA bear again but this was implied.

TLDW. Any reliable timestamps or do you expect me to trust your disingenuous statements at face value? You expect me to waste my actual time looking for something I am told about by someone who is probably reading too much into a statement?

Now get this, the only people having this much of a spergout about Bethesda getting the rights to Fallout was NMA. Even RPGcodex from what I remember were only cautious up until it came out and then they started to shit on it. NMA was the most vocal and ONLY forum out there doing this.

He even hints at this when he says "few websites in particular". Of course he didn't want to poke the NMA bear again but this was implied.
Or that this is false equivalancy and you're grasping at straws? At least, give me actual sources or here's an idea, stop lying about it.

Listened to it.

He highlighted death threats and needing security but listening to it, you're clearly grasping at straws by claiming NMA is responsible for the threats.

The threats could be from other sources outside the forums, an obssessed fan who lurks on forums etc. Nothing to indicate a specific forum. Can't wait for you to vandalize a wiki page or source to prove your point after this.

EDIT: Excessively passionate fans that take things way too far exist everywhere even beyond the established sites or is that beyond your comprehension too?

So on top of trolling, you're an actual deceitful judgemental person too. Neat.

Last edited:
You clearly don't understand. The community for the original Fallout games weren't as big as it is nowadays. This forum was the biggest and ONLY remarkable Fallout community pre-Fallout 3.

He also says it's "a couple websites in particular". Why would he have said this if not directly mentioning NMA and RPGcodex? Why would he paint an entire forum with the same brush? He could've just said "a few users" or "one in particular". He had to highlight it being a couple websites.

And bear in mind that RPGcodex always hated Bethesda post-Oblivion, but they weren't nearly as vitriolic then as they are now.

There's other sources too. I'll try to dig them up but this did happen and it is fact that it happened which has been acknowledged all over the internet in various other Fallout-related communities. /fog/, /v/ and r/Fallout just to name a few.

And it's also worthy to note that such precautions would not have been taken had it been just one troll. There dozens of trolls which do this every day to big companies. They never react in this way. It has to be a bigger threat for them to react in this way. A billion dollar company does not hire security guards for it's major game studio because one guy made a threat. It was a co-ordinated attack.

I'm just gonna shut you down right there and tell you that I don't trust a single thing you wrote. Coordinated attack? You sound like a genuine conspiracy nutjob. Next, you'll say NMA faked the moon landing as well.

Also nice job cherry picking when I said individual before. Have you not grasped the idea that like-minded individuals exist, that they can meet up to coordinate outside the knowledge of these sites and that they may exist beyond these kinds of websites?

It'll be fun to see what 'sources' you come up with. Unless this thread gets vatted.

My money's on vatting.

EDIT: @Norzan How soon do you think the vatting will come?

Also, 76 as a return to form? :drunk:

Also nice job cherry picking when I said individual before. Have you not grasped the idea that like-minded individuals exist, that they can meet up to coordinate outside the knowledge of these sites and that they may exist beyond these kinds of websites?
Key word: Websites

He said so much in the video. "Websites".

As far as I know, a couple buddies do not justify the use of the word "websites".

He was referencing the vitriol Bethesda got for Fallout 3, not the security threats. They came from websites (NMA is likely one of those sites).

Just stop, you're not convincing me at all. Or are you that stupid to defame an entire forum and the community in general with libel made by your own malicious misinterpretation?

Back