Fallout 76 Really Sucks. People Act Shocked.

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Wonder if 'The Quartering' will get some of his 'insiders' (or anybody from youtube that might be believable) to confirm any of it. From what he was saying on his video this morning it sounds like devs at Bethesda Maryland were confused at the reception to 76 - which if it weren't for even my own history of shit eating from Bethesda would be suspect - and have stuff they're working on that "they think everyone will like". Which I'll believe once they can define what the hell they think anyone likes form them. Until then I'll just wait for my bush to catch fire and speak to me the words of God.

Just came across the lyrics of F76's theme song. Now it all makes sense.

Almost heaven...
Bug Virginia
Clipping mountains No textures in the river
Life is glitchy there
2d paper trees
Younger than their engine
Oh no here comes another freeze
Country roads take Todd home he's drunk.
Bug Virginia...
Mountain of bugs
Take Todd home
Country roads...

It's just like I said in that thread asking us to stop talking about Fallout 76... When we are ready to stop talking, Bethesda goes and does it again :lmao:.

Now it's letting people see others support tickets... Which can even contain credit card information... I liked this part of a Reddit post about it though:
I wouldn't want to be the person having to respond to all of you. Currently there's 8 pages of canvas bag requests, tickets and "fix or refund me" demands.
Here's the post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a3ga47/i_am_getting_your_support_tickets_on_my_bethesda/

Jesus fucking christ. just when you think they can't get any worse...

they're close to surpassing EA at this point.

though i do suppose i take a bit of schadenfreude from this. for so long the bethesda fanbase just saw glitches as "lol look funnee" rather than demanding quality and now we're at a point where bugs will delete the whole fucking game or even dox you. fucking incredible.

The favorite thing I've heard so far about this is from my friend (who is somehow enjoying 76, which confuses me but he likes grindy games and for some reason can't see why I'm so irked by some of their choices):

“You guys said you wanted more meaningful moral decisions...”-Bethesda

I kept thinking I was late for the dumpster fire, but Bethesda seems to keep breathing more oxygen to the Fallout 76 shit show.

Bethesda- "Hey, lets make an online Fallout game. Im sure we are competent enough to pull it off. What could possibly go wrong?"
Narrator- It was at this moment they should have known....they'd fucked up
Bethesda- "Hey guys, we got a controversy going on with nylon and canvas bags on our Collectors Edition. But lets just do what we always do: be adorkable and incompetent fuck ups! Its worked before, so it should work now. Right guys?"
Narrator- Plot twist: For once, it didnt work.
Bethesda- "Aw geez, we really have to get our act together guys! Why is it taking so long for the damned modders to bail our sorry asses again?! What, what do you mean we havent enabled mod support yet?! Shit guys, we gotta get this right! Okay, customer support so they can have these cheap canvas bags we got from a post on the Internet that did all the work for us! Come on, guys, this is the easy part!"
Narrator- Then, the personal information leak happened.

To Be Continued *Plays Roundabout Song*

I'm quite happy the Bethesda fans are waking up, I just hope they take the time to engage with the rest of the fan base to obtain a better picture of the state of the Fallout franchise. Up until now the Bethesda fans have been fighting everyone tooth and nail defending Bethesda Games Studios, but now they're against them I wonder if they will be amiable to more rational discussions?

Wow, wow, easy there! Dont scare them off! They need to take it slow. Dont try to make them run when they just barely got the crayons out of their noses!

Best Reply on that Reddit thread I posted:
99db76f3ce.png

The favorite thing I've heard so far about this is from my friend (who is somehow enjoying 76, which confuses me but he likes grindy games and for some reason can't see why I'm so irked by some of their choices)
Your friend will be very happy with this recent update then, it looks like the update notes didn't include all the changes.
It seems (if it's true) as if Bethesda just made the game even more grindy:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a37axm/patch_notes_dont_cover_all_that_changed_they/

Last edited:
99db76f3ce.png

Your friend will be very happy with this recent update then, it looks like the update notes didn't include all the changes.
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a37axm/patch_notes_dont_cover_all_that_changed_they/
My favourite comment was:
Bethesda exec: "wow I wish this bag shit would blow over already"

finger curls back on the monkeys paw

99db76f3ce.png

He probably doesn't know yet. In some fairness to him, when I say grindy games, I mean like the Diablo games or some survival games. All of which have had better production than 76. So at this point, I think its just the novelty. They keep that up though and that novelty will burn up quick.
Also in fairness to him, he still has the novelty because of a bunch of family issues and both of us working jobs that take 50h/weeks on the usual. So his time for gaming is a few hours every few days, at the ideal. Novelty can stick around that way. It was the same way when I told him how lousy Fallout 4 was, and now - while he's not as bitter about it as me - he sees my point. I await a similar development here.

Back