Fallout 76 roadmap

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

A few days ago Bethesda announced their future plans for Fallout 76 in the form of a roadmap.

76_Season1_RewardUnlock.png

Firstly they will introduce something called seasons where you unlock ranks to get stuff. If you got more money than sense you can pay your way forward:
Bethesda said:
If you join a Season late and want to catch up, or if you just want to progress more quickly, you will have the option to spend 150 Atoms to immediately unlock the next rank and claim its reward.

They will also introduce two new power armors, one for captain cosmos and another one for the secret service.

Lastly the Brotherhood of Steel will for some reason turn up in Appalachia in an update called Fractured Steel.

The show goes on!

Jim "Fallout 4 is a good game" Sterling. :lmao:

I do admit i have agreed with Jim in quite a few things, mainly the bullshit AAA industry tries to pull off. But he's also has claimed so much bullshit and tried to make people that criticize the games he likes seem like manchildren. He's an hypocrite in a lot of ways.

It's not hard to agree with someone pointing out that predatory monetization practices are predatory monetization practices. I don't absolutely hate Jim but I do find it ironic that people have been posting his video here when it comes to Fallout 76 yet he was pissed off that NMA didn't like Fallout 3 for "the fact that it wasn't 100% exactly like the original Fallout." Which of course was not true. It just wasn't what some of the original fans wanted. Yeah, it's nice we got New Vegas but that doesn't make Fallout 3 any better. That's like saying oh you like the fifth game in some series but hated the first four? Well, you do realize that the fifth one wouldn't be the fifth one without the first four right?

The whole Fallout 3 thing was just embarrasing. It's like he didn't even bothered to understand where people were coming from and just thought those people were screaming manchildren.

I know that Jim Sterling is not someone that I would consider reliable when it comes to Fallout and few other things.

However, he makes a lot of sense when it comes to AAA companies. And he does more good than bad.

Yongyea is better though.

I fucking hate Bethesda with all my soul at this point. Their fanboys doubly so enabling and caping for this bullshit.

I know that Jim Sterling is not someone that I would consider reliable when it comes to Fallout and few other things.
I laughed my ass off when he claimed current Fallout 76 is just a "bad Fallout 4". And you know he meant that as Fallout 4 is great and Fallout 76 is so bad that it can only be a bad Fallout 4.

Meanwhile i just thought that was probably the most scathing thing anyone has ever said about Fallout 76. There's saying a game is bad, and then there's saying your game is a bad Fallout 4.

Of course Jim Sterling "loves" Fallout 4- it was the game that introduced him into the series. I looked into his channel and I can't find any other material besides 4/76. The waves of people introduced via Fallout 4 are insufferable and trust me, a TON of people who don't understand the real meat of Fallout got introduced with 4. That's the only prime reason why Jim Sterling considers Fallout 4 even "good", because he never played the originals or the modern iteration in the form of Fallout NV to see how much 4 actually dumbed down. Same situation with AngryJoe.

Though giving credit where its due, Jim Sterling by no means is a Beth fanboy at all. Scores of his content eviscerate Bethesda where its practically a running theme on his channel. He even went as for as to praise Outer Worlds despite its mixed reception with outright calling Besthesda "obsolete" (a fact he would've known already had he played NV). Also I couldn't find anything he said about Fallout 3, what'd he say?

Also I couldn't find anything he said about Fallout 3, what'd he say?
https://www.destructoid.com/videogame-fans-need-to-shut-up-about-everything-164476.phtml

I know the thread is about the dumb Fallout 76's roadmap, but i wanted to just link this. He strawmans so hard and reduces so much of the legitimacy of the arguments in the NMA's review that is laughable.

The hilarity is that he has mocked people for saying that a game is good because it sold a lot and people liked the game. But then here he's that person making that non-argument.

Huh. Well that was certainly a flamboyant article. Luckily the ancient comments from years ago already tore him in on his laughable argument. He makes it seem that we hate change when that's completely contrary to what is talked about here. We do want change, but changes that make sense. How many people here have bashed Bethesda for reintroducing Supermutants, BoS, Vaults, etc. in almost every Fallout they've done so far with no creativity? Even when Bethesda DOES attempt an original idea, its just crap. Not only that- each title they dumb-down more and more mechanics for no fucking reason. Just look how much they stripped from 3 (which barely had anything innovative in the first place) to 4?

Again I'd assume he's this uninformed because he's not really a Fallout fan or doesn't care much of the franchise. Whats amazing is that a 10 year comment rightfully predicted that NMA would absolutely love Fallout NV and already extrapolated before it came out that it would be superior to Fallout 3...

j07XFOB.png

Last edited:

----

The show goes on!

Saw the news on this the other day. Can't say I'm surprised they're moving into the Pay To Win arena with both hands open and outstretched. If that Mostly Positive on Steam is any hint, not even Bethesda's constant screw-ups will break the Stockholm Syndrome their fanbase has developed.

>Steel Dawn
>Fractured Steel
>The Brotherhood returns to find new tech

Just...I...why? They sure do love the BoS don't they?

Of course Jim Sterling "loves" Fallout 4- it was the game that introduced him into the series.
Pretty sure he played 3 and NV before that.

But yeah that article is pretty much him saying, if most people like it, then it must be good! Right?!

>Steel Dawn
>Fractured Steel
>The Brotherhood returns to find new tech

Just...I...why? They sure do love the BoS don't they?

They pretty much have a boner for the BOS and keep thinking that Fallout always revolves around them in some way.

The whole Fallout 3 thing was just embarrasing. It's like he didn't even bothered to understand where people were coming from and just thought those people were screaming manchildren.
From the very beginning, with the release of FO3, the argument has played out like the Brawndo scene from Idiocracy. No amount of careful illustration/explanation ever got the points across—to them we were all just screaming against change; change that they preferred, that replaced what they abhorred.

Back