Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

@Lexx Could you please tell how much content from F1 is available in your last release and did you include in this release all fixed that can be found in F1 Fixed Edition?

For some strange reason, Ian no longer knows anything about Aradesh or Seth if you use the "Tell Me About" option. If you ask him about Killian, he says, "That is me." Also, Aradesh won't tell me about Junktown, he just tells me a Dharma teaching about not paying heed to the call of the wolf when the fox is raiding the hen house.

And even though I've been friendly to Saul and have witnessed the incident with Trish at the Skumm Pitt, I can't start the unnamed quest to save their relationship. The only dialogue options I have with him are "Bye" and "I'm here to teach you some manners." This even after talking to Trish and asking why she screamed about Saul.

I've killed the Skulz at the bar fight after reporting them to Lars. Shelley is still at the Crash House and she turns hostile whenever she sees me.

Last edited:
I'm guessing with Aradesh you mean when you ask him via dialog? You make it sound as if you are asking him via TMA. After looking through his code for 10 minutes, all I can find is a normal dialog option about it. The reason why you get that reply is because Aradesh doesn't like you.

Saul has a hidden speech check. If you fail it, you don't get the dialog option. Also, this is not a quest.

I make some tweaking in the ddraw.ini file and changed the mood for the talking heaqds to the vanilla setting. I tested it with Aradesh and now he tells me about Junktown when I ask him about other towns. However, this was when I picked Max, who has 4 Charisma. I guess you need reasonable Charisma to get Aradesh to tell you about Junktown. Seeing as how I tend to dump Charisma as many players do in Fallout 1, I guess I'll just have to accept the Dharma saying.

Last edited:
and changed the mood for the talking heaqds to the vanilla setting
What mood changes?? StartGDialogFix?

/Edit: Did some tweaks to the Saul dialog. Now it's a bit more obvious and more forgiving. Doesn't change the fact it's a shitty written dialog that should have stayed cut-content, though.

Last edited:
I've disabled all the unique additions including the motorcycle, caverns, critters, robot companions, and the others because I want to have as much a feel of the original game, seeing as how I am a purist. I still have the cut characters enabled though.

I just found out that I can just enter combat mode after sneaking into the bar and still steal the urn much more easily and then run out before Neal reacts.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been asked before, but does this mod address companions in Fallout 1? Does it give you the ability to adjust their combat tactics, equip them with armor, trade with them, et cetera?

In Junktown, if Killian gets a critical hit and kills the assassin that enters his store before you, that locks you out from starting the Gizmo quest since the dialogue where he asks for you help doesn't trigger after the fight. Could you look into a way to prevent something like this from happening?

Hey Lexx thanks for your hard work! Just started playing this and wanted to know if there's a way to get "Vault of the Future" playing on the intial cave when you start rather than the typical "underground troubles" that plays in every other cave.

Hey Lexx thanks for your hard work! Just started playing this and wanted to know if there's a way to get "Vault of the Future" playing on the intial cave when you start rather than the typical "underground troubles" that plays in every other cave.
Try editing the music parameter for V13ENT in maps.txt.

Anyone here play with fog of war? I'm having trouble getting mine to work. I enabled FOW in the f2_res.ini but it doesn't seem to work.

Are you using Mash's HRP or the one that is integrated in Sfall? I believe the later doesn't have working fog of war.

Are you using Mash's HRP or the one that is integrated in Sfall? I believe the later doesn't have working fog of war.
Which is really better? Aside from fog lacking while I don't mind. The changes NovaRain mentioned earlier in a FO2 tweaks thread don't mean much to me.

Also, somewhat related, I'm using the SFall HRP, does anyone know if there is a way to get the main menu screen to look a little better on 1280x720? It just looks so pointy and like it was extremely stretched from it's original '97 resolution.

One more question, is there anything that can be done to get the player to automatically walk up to enemies in combat to hit in melee/unarmed? Nevada has this feature and playing an unarmed character in that mod was enjoyable with that QoL feature. It's kinda annoying having to manually move my character to the enemy and then punch him in Et Tu.

Last question, can I get it so dialogue boxes don’t turn the whole rest of the screen black?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience playing with Fo2tweaks damage mod compared to the damage mod that is enabled by default in Et Tu? I played FO1 & FO2 with the vanilla damage calculations. Not really sure if the NMA Nevada pack had a damage mod but I played that exclusively unarmed.

does anyone know if there is a way to get the main menu screen to look a little better on 1280x720? It just looks so pointy and like it was extremely stretched from it's original '97 resolution.

I'm guessing you mean the menu buttons. The engine scales images in a crappy way and applies no smoothing, which is why it looks so pixelated. The only way to change it is to switch back to the HRP menu (SCALE_BUTTONS_AND_TEXT_MENU=0) and replace the main menu background graphic. I decided against doing this, because it looks just different, not better. Sticking to the way it looks in the vanilla game felt like the better move to me. Besides, the generic player will be in that menu for 5 seconds, if at all.

I'm guessing you mean the menu buttons. The engine scales images in a crappy way and applies no smoothing, which is why it looks so pixelated. The only way to change it is to switch back to the HRP menu (SCALE_BUTTONS_AND_TEXT_MENU=0) and replace the main menu background graphic. I decided against doing this, because it looks just different, not better. Sticking to the way it looks in the vanilla game felt like the better move to me. Besides, the generic player will be in that menu for 5 seconds, if at all.
Thanks, it looks much better on my eyes now, the original was so bad on my eyes lol ‘97 resolution does not look good on a 1080 monitor

Last edited:
Back