Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Fair enough. In any case, love the Et Tu mod, great work! Can't wait to then replay FO2 with mods, played the Vanilla version last time about 15 years ago or so :D

I mean, shouldn't have enabled invasions in the first place then. :>
yeah, guess I shouldn't have ... sounded like a fun idea at the moment but it's actually not that great to just lose a big portion of the game :P

I'm on the same journey since 2022 after not having played the games for many years.
Man, why didn't I know about Fallout: Nevada, it looks awesome. I think I might just start this now before replaying Fallout 1 again!

I think the invasion timers work best if you set them in reverse order so that Shady Sands falls first and the Boneyard falls last. That way you aren’t locking yourself out of late game content (XP, Turbo Plasma Rifle, Hardened Power Armor, Gun Runners) but you’re still able to see the consequences of your dillydallying. Shouldn’t the invasion start from the Military Base anyway? Not sure how realistic it would be for the Super Mutant army to miss Vault 13 for that long but whatever.

I've searched around a little already and haven't found anything so apologies if this is a known thing. I've currently got 3 CHR and Ian and Dogmeat in my party. I took Magnetic Personality as my second perk thinking it'd be pretty insane in Fallout 1, but it's not letting me recruit Tycho. Do I just need even more CHR?

I've searched around a little already and haven't found anything so apologies if this is a known thing. I've currently got 3 CHR and Ian and Dogmeat in my party. I took Magnetic Personality as my second perk thinking it'd be pretty insane in Fallout 1, but it's not letting me recruit Tycho. Do I just need even more CHR?
Without the perk you can have only 1 companion with 3 CHR (3 / 2 = 1, rounding down), so now your party is already full (2 companions).

Without the perk you can have only 1 companion with 3 CHR (3 / 2 = 1, rounding down), so now your party is already full (2 companions).
Okay perfect! I knew following Fallout 1 guides would bite me in the ass, I thought I was playing it safe with 3 CHR instead of 1. Mentats time; thanks for the help with a probably obvious question.

Okay perfect! I knew following Fallout 1 guides would bite me in the ass, I thought I was playing it safe with 3 CHR instead of 1. Mentats time; thanks for the help with a probably obvious question.

there's a specific setting in some .ini file to enable or disable CHA companion limit it's called Fo2 style companion limit.. if you set it to =0 and start a new game, you can have all companions ( including the new EtTu only ones) all at once

completed Fallout1in2 v1.9.3324 + sfall 4.4.3 + fo2tweaks_v12.16 + party_orders_v1.14
some game crashes on unknown random encounter on global map (repeatable). looks like it crashed at the same one each time.

Finally time to get back to Fallout and am gonna hit it now!

Quick question, the type-in questions in dialogue have not been implemented because it is hardcoded, right?

Is there something special to do on the steam version?
It is not working for me with the default-config-files. I get the error message "game initialization failed" when starting "\Fallout2\Fallout1in2\Fallout2.exe".

My error messages in the debug-file:

Code:
SFXLIST: Can't open file for write sound\sfx\SNDLIST.LST
>gsound_init    >initMovie        >gmovie_init    >moviefx_init    >art_init        >tile_init        >obj_init        >cycle_init       
 ** String not found @ getmsg(), MESSAGE.C **

>intface_init    >iso_init        >gmouse_init   
Error: Loading proto message files!Failed on proto_init

Any hint what could be the issue here?

Read the EtTu install instructions first will'ya?
there is a separate app you need to launch and configure to copy certain files from Fo1 installation, which was implemented in order to avoid piracy..

TL;DR You're missing certain files from Fo1 instalation, that You need to copy over from Fo1. This is intended!! There's an app that lets you do that automatically.
You just need to specify both paths it tells you to, and hit copy.. the app should be in EtTu package somewhere.

and above all else don't install steam anywhere in "Program Files" and "Program Files(x86)"
subfolders count too.. those are system protected folders, and windows protection system doesn't play nice with fallout2.

The initial post says "...do not try to make a 1:1 copy..."
So what is the goal of this mod, something similar to what UP and RP did for FO2?

Read the EtTu install instructions first will'ya?
there is a separate app you need to launch and configure to copy certain files from Fo1 installation, which was implemented in order to avoid piracy..

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I've followed the installation-instructions from the git-repo.
  • Using Steam-Version and have both installed, Fallout 1 and Fallout 2
  • Foulder-Structure matches the readme ("\Fallout2\Fallout1in2\Fallout2.exe")
  • Used UNDAT.EXE, like in Readme, to select Fallout-1-directory and the master.dat
  • It copied 8.602 files, as dialog says
  • On first start ("\Fallout2\Fallout1in2\Fallout2.exe") in the dialog for the question, if I want to "disable the High Resolution Patch by Mash" I selected "yes".

I tried it now for a second time with a fresh copy of "Fallout1in2", but still get the same response about "game initialization failed" directly after first into-movie of Fallout 1.

TL;DR You're missing certain files from Fo1 instalation, that You need to copy over from Fo1. This is intended!! There's an app that lets you do that automatically.
You just need to specify both paths it tells you to, and hit copy.. the app should be in EtTu package somewhere.

I guess you mention here "UNDAT.EXE" - used that app already.

and above all else don't install steam anywhere in "Program Files" and "Program Files(x86)"
subfolders count too.. those are system protected folders, and windows protection system doesn't play nice with fallout2.

Nope, it is in a different folder structure:
"D:\Spiele\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 2\Fallout1in2"

Since I got the same error message when starting the game with the new exe-file, it still seems, that not all files are copied correctly. Is there a manual way to copy the needed files? Is it expected to have a new subfolder "sound\sfx\" in our mod-folder?

Is your base game Fallout 2 in german? Are you generally playing in english?

Back