Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

@Nisei if you want the uncut version, yes, you need uncut. Not sure if steam version is German. Probably steam will overwrite files as well, although why would they release patches to Fallout? Just use GOG, man.

@ Duncan you'll have to be more specific.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I have a question. I've looked around but couldn't really find any answers via Google...

Fallout 1 (and possible 2, haven't played it in forever) has this really annoying problem with any type of container in your inventory. It can't "see" what's in it, such as ammo, and therefore won't reload your guns unless you do so manually. I do not recall seeing an option related to it during the Fixt customization, so I was curious if there's any possibility of it being addressed.

If at all possible, that is. I'm not gonna chew someone's head off cause it isn't, would just be nice to be able to keep all my ammo in say, a backpack, since I tend to carry a lot of it.

Okay, I have a question. I've looked around but couldn't really find any answers via Google...

Fallout 1 (and possible 2, haven't played it in forever) has this really annoying problem with any type of container in your inventory. It can't "see" what's in it, such as ammo, and therefore won't reload your guns unless you do so manually. I do not recall seeing an option related to it during the Fixt customization, so I was curious if there's any possibility of it being addressed.

If at all possible, that is. I'm not gonna chew someone's head off cause it isn't, would just be nice to be able to keep all my ammo in say, a backpack, since I tend to carry a lot of it.

Cool idea. If anyone could do this it's probably @Crafty

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want the uncut version, yes, you need uncut. Not sure if steam version is German.
Thanks burn. So, if I'm not sure I have the cut version, will it hurt if you apply the German Uncut patch to the uncut version? I guess not since all it would do is overwrite files which are already there but I'm asking anyway just to make sure.

It has been awhile since I last updated Fallout FIXT. Is .81 Alpha supposed to install in a separate folder inside the Fallout folder? If it helps any this is being installed on my old GOG copy what gog currently calls "Fallout Classic".

I apologize if this issue has already been reported, but I have the latest patch and I chose "Partial" new content option. The bookstore merchant in the hub has not restocked the skill books even after a week's time has passed. Is there a fix for this?

Not enough analog RP but for F1.
Lots of quests and characters removed from the final version.

Mouse became laggy after install. What kind of a fix is that ? Using Windows 10.
Settings in f1_res.ini and ddraw.ini should fix this, specififcally look for the mouse and keyboard and speed settings. Maybe all try changing graphics mode (DD/DX/etc). Let me know which on e works for you!

Not enough analog RP but for F1.
Lots of quests and characters removed from the final version.
Could you be more specific what you mean by analog RP?

Good news everyone, I have to finish my class by December 4th so I should be able to get back to work on this some time in December.

Sduibek, did you already read my e‐mail concerning the Colt .45? It’s cut content that’d be quite facile to implement.
If you mean an actual email then no; I haven't checked falloutfixt @ gmail.com in a few months. I'll look at it soon.

So is there any chance of this working on the OSX GOG version, or is that a no-go?
Unfortunately you'd have to run it in Wine or similar virtual environment. Some of the coolest functions are using ddraw and DirectX functions with the Sfall plugin which is Windows-only.

Unfortunately you'd have to run it in Wine or similar virtual environment. Some of the coolest functions are using ddraw and DirectX functions with the Sfall plugin which is Windows-only.

I've heard it suggested that you could set everything up in Windows, then move the whole thing to the Mac. Would that work, or are the necessary plugins actively required?

I've heard it suggested that you could set everything up in Windows, then move the whole thing to the Mac. Would that work, or are the necessary plugins actively required?

Feel free to try, and let us know if it works, but the plugins are pretty important.

Has anyone gotten the Instruction at (random hex memory address) referenced memory location (another random hex memory address) error on Windows 10? It appears to be an issue with sfall, since renaming ddraw.dll seems to eliminate the issue. I'm running fixes only and have gotten this from travelling across the map (particularly the random encounter with the Maltese cross icon) and also have gotten it in combat (mother deathclaw and the battle between the blades and the rest of the boneyard once they got geared up by the gun runners).

The error information for my crash from the Event Viewer

Faulting application name: FALLOUTW.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x3505f1dc
Faulting module name: FALLOUTW.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x3505f1dc
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0004c9ca
Faulting process id: 0x9b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d12bc0055c719a
Faulting application path: C:\Fallout\Fallout Fixt\FALLOUTW.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Fallout\Fallout Fixt\FALLOUTW.exe
Report Id: 68ae8200-3280-4c7e-979b-3afe30120e12
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

And some screenshots from the VS2015 debugger
err.pngerr-2.pngerr-3.PNG

Last edited:
New findings. This crash will actually occur with ddraw.dll renamed, but the call stack is different.
err-4-no-ddraw.PNG

EDIT: It crashes with f1_res.dll renamed as well, but I can't get a call stack from it. I'm thinking I may have a corrupt save.

EDIT 2: Full re-install of Fallout and FIXT crashes with my saved games when I hit the random maltese cross encounter.

EDIT 3: Saved games are here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_vH2oCiYgUNUTFlaF9jWnF5Mk0/view?usp=sharing

SLOT04 Xplorin is what I've been using to re-create the bug. Just travel back and forth from the hub to the top-left corner of the map until you get the maltese cross encounter. I run from the other encounters. The game always crashes when the maltese cross encounter happens.

EDIT 4: I was able to finish the game. I'll be starting another playthrough with Fixt 0.81a (possibly with Wine under Linux). Hopefully, the new playthrough won't have the crashing problem

Last edited:
If all goes according to plan, I'll be able to get back to work on this December 5th.

I'm also holding myself to my previously discussed schedule, so no matter what happens, I'll be releasing something on or before January 5th (six months since last release)

After killing all regulators (alone or with he help of Blades) nothing happens. Blades are standing still and you cant talk to them. Dialog with blades is stuck on the part where they ask me if i am going to help with an attack on regulators. But nothing happen, i appear in Adytum with them all standing still in same posotions they were after we kill the last regulator. Or i moved there alone without anyone if i already killed regulators. Can do this forever.

FIXT 0.81a on steam version of F1. WinXP32SP3 Saves

Back