Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Erer08

Erer08 First time out of the vault

May 26, 2014
    He was here just recently, saying he would release his new version on the already passed Sunday/Monday. He deleted it though, along with my comment on it.

2. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Oct 28, 2009
    yeah that is why i'm worried for the well beeing of the project...

on a side note I've decided to power level on the deathclaws up to lvl 99 wich was recently unlocked by Crafty's v1.19 sfall.
    Curently i'm at 46lvl and already I've chew through majority of my micro fusion cells (bought from the gunrunners, some from glow and rest from pickpocketing brotherhood paladins and looting their armory) still got like 1100 left back in hub but given the fact it's usually 2-3 shots to kill one deathclaw (i'm playin' with fast shot triat so no eye shots) i'll soon have to switch to a plasma pistol or .223 pistol to go any further besides it's like a 1lvl per 1day from now on, so the invasion timer is gonna take hit a bit. not sure if it's even possible without picking the 48000 or so days to the insta endgame+invasions.. i estimate I'd need at least 150 days to get to 99lvl just by exping on deathclaws maybe it's a good time to have an optional 5000 exp per deathclaw instead of 1000 in the FIXT installer, to save a bit on the ammo and timer. I've calculated i'll need between 10000 and 15000 shots fiered total to reach lvl 99 not sure i have enaugh of good ammo (MFC+SEC+.223) maybe i'll need to grab a minigun and have a go on 5mm ammo i've got a lot of this one, and no use for it, but i guess that would be it, because 10mm smg and combat shotgun are just too weak. Not sure about 14mm pistol, it should pack quite a punch too since the caliber is way larger than .223. the .223 is roughly more or less an equivalent of 5.56mm caliber though the 5.56mm is seposedly messy when it hits the target as it tumbles within the flesh so maybe that's why .223 ammo gets so much damage in game. Good penertation and tremendeus internal wounds = high in game damage i guess
    What do you guys think? is it worth it to reach lvl99? Or is it only yet another wierdo like playing dumb or pacifis char?

3. apocolips18

apocolips18 First time out of the vault

Jan 30, 2016
    Hello, I was just hoping to double check/find out if Fixt works with the steam edition of Fallout 1.
    Would love to play past endgame.
    Thank you for the mod!

4. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    What would be the best way to get Fallout Fixt to work properly with Steam -- i.e. running directly from the Steam interface?

*Currently Fallout Fixt installs in a subfolder so that the original install isn't messed with.

I think maybe the best way would be to have a "This is the Steam version of Fallout" installer option, which would install and potentially overwrite a minimal number of files in the main folder -- this would be Falloutw.exe, fallout.cfg, ddraw.ini, ddraw.ddl, f1_res.ini, f1_res.dll, f1_res_Config.exe, hook_f1.dll.

*Of the above, from a fresh Steam install, the only ones actually overwritten would be Falloutw.exe, fallout.cfg, ddraw.ini, ddraw.dll.

EDIT: Also, I'm actually legitimately working on this today.

EDIT2: Looking at Fallout Fixt Bug Reports, I guess people are still getting holodisk-related crashes with the newest version. Sad :(

EDIT3: PRIORITIES FOR THIS RELEASE, FROM HIGHEST TO LOWEST:
    1. Fix holodisk crashes
    2. Fix broken half of Restored Endings Addon
    3. Add installer option for Steam users so that Fixt can be launched through Steam
    4. Add in-game script that allows changing of variables and playstyles
    5. Add playstyles options to installer

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  5. quique1906

quique1906 First time out of the vault

Jan 31, 2016
    Is there any way to install this on mac? Googled it and really found nothing

6. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Not at this time unfortunately, no plans to implement in the future either. ddraw/sfall requires Windows.

7. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Okay yesterday I fixed 2 crashes. Today I aim to fix all of the remaining Holodisk-related crashes.

8. ThegreatBenDoyle

ThegreatBenDoyle First time out of the vault

Apr 10, 2012
    What's the status on the engine conversion? Most specifically the part that lets you play after getting dipped.

9. lostabroad2

lostabroad2 First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2013
    Good to see @Sduibek back here. Best wishes with the updates and bug fixes.

10. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    No progress yet. Right now I'm working on 0.90alpha, this should finally (gah!) be the last release before going back to working on the engine conversion.

The primary reason I'm still releasing another FO1-engine release is crashes. But beyond that, I'll be adding more installer customizations and implementing in-game customizations. I want people to be able to play more freely with this version (with less crashes) while waiting for 1.0 beta. :)

11. Diogo

Diogo First time out of the vault

Feb 4, 2016
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but do you have any release date for 0.90? How long should we wait, some weeks or a month or two?
    Thank you for your dedication.

12. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I think I should be able to get it done by the end of the month.

13. Erer08

Erer08 First time out of the vault

May 26, 2014
    Hmm, but which month? ;) Seriously though, I love the mod and I hope you'll really be able to release a new version soon. Keep up the good work!

14. Don White

Don White First time out of the vault

Jun 21, 2014
    Is anyone working on an up-to-date german translation for Fallout Fixt? Thanx!

15. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    @YouCanCallMe_Jim might be

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  16. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Working on this again today, and will continue on my weekend (Sunday, Monday).

17. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    So the next release is going to include custom character files. The intent is for them to replace the garbage characters Max Stone / Albert / Natalia.

My question is, will people be pissed if I replace those 3 by default instead of making it optional? For example if they were included overwriting the default 3 when selecting "Standard" or "Full" in the Full Custom installer.

18. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Oct 28, 2009
    Personally I'm all for it, however there are always be some mumbling purists. I guess to satisfy the both parties You'd probably have to make two installers one woud be "Fixes and (optional) restorations" and the other would be "full-custom" as was before. All features with many of them customizable. As for me I'd always use the full custom, however purists might feel offended if somebody messes with base content.. At least that's the way i see it..

So i think splitting installers in the way killap did it for Fo2 is the way to go. I mean the popularity of killaps patches prooves this way is the right thing to do.

EDIT:
    I'm still planning to reach 99lvl by killing deathclaws but it turns out i might be short on ammo to do so. Could it be possible to have an option in the installer for deathclaws to yeald 5000xp/kill? so that the process of getting to 99 lvl would be easier?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  19. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    lol no I won't be raising it to 5k XP per kill, that's a huge amount of XP!

What about crusing around the Military Base? Packs of Super Mutants + Centaurs should give good XP as well.

20. lostabroad2

lostabroad2 First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2013
    I'd have no problem with removing or changing the default characters. It would be nice if you could change the base settings and/or formulae determining the Vault Dweller's base settings.