Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Yeah..

However Sduibek should move on by skipping 0.90 and going straight into v1.0 which is the first release in Fo2 engine. Since the base work nessecary for v1.0 to happen was already done by Lexx, there's absolutely no point in sticking to Fo1 engine. For now Sduibek could hold off a bit until all Et Tu bugs are ironed out, after that it would be time for him to pick up the work. (If he didn't already decided to abandon the project, or got Covid-19 or worse, that is).

All good points...
And of course I wish @Sduibek good health and all around general wellbeing.

I believe Fallout 1 into 2 was his ultimate goal too so yea he might leave it as is
Maybe this is not the place to ask this, but..do you know if every Fixt gameplay improvements made it into et tu??.. Like fixed quests and such, I mean.

Maybe this is not the place to ask this, but..do you know if every Fixt gameplay improvements made it into et tu??.. Like fixed quests and such, I mean.
Don't know what U exactly mean...

Lexx picked up Fo1toFo2 most recent unfinished project (which was earlier developed by Sduibek btw.) and worked on that.

Fo:Et Tu is actually based on unrelesaed/undeveloped FIXT v1.0, Although most things Sduibek added made intact, some wacky ideas got reverted to vanilla Fo1, for example all Armor stats got back to vanilla, Garl's inventory got back to vanilla (he no longer has a Psycho to steal from), Booze no longer give DR% and Beer no longer gives bonus to charisma while under their influence. Plus Et Tu has a shitload more of bugfixes than FIXT, although there are still some more to be fixed. there's also some stuff that Lexx added like player owned vehicle, ability to get 'Gecko Skinning' perk, some new random encounters, tweaks here and there etc. This is the short version.

For full changelog You'd have to ask Lexx.

Don't know what U exactly mean...

Lexx picked up Fo1toFo2 most recent unfinished project (which was earlier developed by Sduibek btw.) and worked on that.

Fo:Et Tu is actually based on unrelesaed/undeveloped FIXT v1.0, Although most things Sduibek added made intact, some wacky ideas got reverted to vanilla Fo1, for example all Armor stats got back to vanilla, Garl's inventory got back to vanilla (he no longer has a Psycho to steal from), Booze no longer give DR% and Beer no longer gives bonus to charisma while under their influence. Plus Et Tu has a shitload more of bugfixes than FIXT, although there are still some more to be fixed. there's also some stuff that Lexx added like player owned vehicle, ability to get 'Gecko Skinning' perk, some new random encounters, tweaks here and there etc. This is the short version.

For full changelog You'd have to ask Lexx.

There was a couple of broken quests in vanilla Fallout 1, I guess those fixes made it too. Thanks.

If You are talking about 'find spy amongst the followers' then Lexx scrapped it due to poor quest design. However Follower good ending is possible to be achived only require different conditions. disarm traps for Glow still not finishable.
Frankly I still have no idea what exactly did U had in mind...

If You are talking about 'find spy amongst the followers' then Lexx scrapped it due to poor quest design. However Follower good ending is possible to be achived only require different conditions. disarm traps for Glow still not finishable.
Frankly I still have no idea what exactly did U had in mind...

The Iguana Bob quest, finding the spy...I think they work in Fixt. The first one definitely does. I played long ago so I don't remember what other quests were fixed, if any.
But seeing as I want the closest to vanilla experience as possible..I'll stick with Fixt. And wait for Sduibek hoping for..something.
Disarming traps in the Glow..is it working in Fixt???

These quests can't be "fixed". They are not broken but cut content. Fixt added this stuff in and most of it is horrible (it's cut for a reason). The spy quest for example barely exists. There's some left over dialog lines, and it's just bad. Like, really.

I chuckled a little bit about the "I want the closest to vanilla experience as possible..I'll stick with Fixt" though, because Fixt changes a lot, even in the "purist"-version.

These quests can't be "fixed". They are not broken but cut content. Fixt added this stuff in and most of it is horrible (it's cut for a reason). The spy quest for example barely exists. There's some left over dialog lines, and it's just bad. Like, really.

I chuckled a little bit about the "I want the closest to vanilla experience as possible..I'll stick with Fixt" though, because Fixt changes a lot, even in the "purist"-version.

Be that way.
I enjoyed restored quests. I guess I enjoy bad things. Seeing as your mod is good – I'll probably skip it, guess I won't enjoy it, good is just not my thing.

@gustarballs1983

Hi , iam new here at forums

First sorry for my english , i command you for help !

I have read you played fallout fixt on Dosbox, i read it on page 120 ,, now we are on 208

I have tried a lot to play fallout on dosbox, in my phone

I played it about ten years ago, the phone was a Htc Magic with 256 Mg RAM , now we have betters phones,, like computers

I have tried a lot of new installs and configurations ( down the art cache , disable resolution pack, etc ) , always show the splash and crahs later

I wonder if you are able to play this game with fixt complete install in a phone with dosbox or Magic Dosbox apk

If you can do it , or maybe you did it, will you help a little to find the way ?

In spanish , so i used a install of fixt 0.81 with spanish traduction

Here the archiveS i have used

https://mega.nz/folder/DhdhlaQC#3JoiosEONQuxGMiLK8gLbA

Please if i can not publish links here i can delete it

I used gog version, usa 1.1 version,, but nothing

I can play NICE on phone with Exagear RPG apk , win version of falloutFIXT

But need to play the Dos version because i want to use a bluetooth gamepad with the phone conected to a BiG Screen , and Magic Box apk have a nice Gamepad conection and Exagear Rpg dont have gamepad Conection

Sorry for the messagem but i tought you was the right guy

If Somebody can play to fallout in a Phone with dosbox please tell to me !!!

Thanks a lot for the help

I forgot to say THANKS to everyone to make fallout experience possible,, black isle,, modders,, testers,,, traductors,,, nuka cola,,, everyone, thanks again to all for the work !!

If somebody can help to play Fallout Fixt under Dosbox in a mobile phone i would be so happy, i have tried it a lot

So 'ol Tarballs got called to the classboard agin eh?

Well I can tell you this:
-no point in sticking to DosBox of any sort.. DosBox emulates whole x86 system configuration up to win98.
-no point in running DosBox with win 98 on board as it will run slow and buggy
- Dos Version of Falout1 does not support so called 'sfall' modification, which is nessecary for some of the fixt stuff to work (as sfall is a .dll file which work only i windows)
- default version of sfall, that comes with FIXT0.81a does not support windows prior to XP anyway.

-FIXT is not the newest Fallout1 experince out there. Fallout: Et Tu (so called Fo1toFo2 project) superseeded FIXT.

The best way to run FIXT or Fo:ET Tu on a modern phone would be by running it on ExaGear: Windows Emulator.
No ExaGear stuff is available in playstore anymore (unless you had it before it was pulled off from playstore than it's on Your download list, but otherwise you can't get it from playstore anymore). So finding it is up to You. ExaGear Winows Emulator may not support bluetooth gamepad, however it does support both Bluetooth and USB-OTG mice. (right click works only with default controlls, when using external mouse, otherwise it will crash the game to destop). The configuations are gimmicky too, however with at least 1.5GHz six core CPU, One might run it smooth.

Jeje sorry from waking up you from sleep ^_^

Thanks for the fast reply ! I spend several weeks triying to do it

So , there is no way to play Fixt on Ms Dos

I will give a shot to this et tu mod yours was talking about this last,, one hundred pages ,

Yeah i played so time ago F1 and f2 in win 95/98 emulated under ms dos in a phone, testing and helping with the first packs rolanddeshain did , bit it would be the last shot i use with the game

Thanks again

I wanted to share a game easy to play to a old school comunity of gamers , as far exagear its not in google play, i tought dosbox is the easiest way

I had it , i bought it, and in very very happy, i dont understand why the project stoped , most people can alsl use exagear windows , but exagear rpg runs Perfect with Fallout or Starcrfat

To have exagear rpg now, you must use lucky patcher and other stuff not easy for everyone , i tried to share The most Complete fallout for ms dos to my comunity ( www.abandonsocios.org ) we have a lot of old games, most abandonware, with original disk and also repacks for scummvm dosbox etc,, all in spanish

As far i see you know a lot about fallout mods, could you say to me the most important mods you can put in Ms Dos ?
So i can make the most complete version to share

I tried this mod patchers

Parche Semioficial 1.2.1:

Parche no official 1.3.5 ( team X )

But dont know if works in Ms Dos executable

About gamepad / mouse i need a special gadget with has two USB OTG and Hdmi output so i can put Mouse in the Free USB, i need to buy it

Also im triying to use Chromecast Gadget to port the screen from phone to the proyector i use, i can play F 1 F 2 and tactics nice

But still a "complete" version in ms dos is something i want to have / share

Thanks again for all the work and the help guys !

I know very people is waiting to new Fixt or another mods, i can understand, but really is someting dificult to do for only one person , someone can spend a whole life with this,,

What about a crowfunding to give money so a programer could programing all we want ? I think is the best way , more than wait years and years,, in another hand,, i have all the time of the world

Thanks again we see us by the way !

Last edited:
I downloaded and installed the full version, however i noticed that the ammunition modifiers are missing from the ammo descriptions and I have no idea if they work.

I understand that ammunition modifiers dont work in vanilla, does this mod make them work?

Edit : Looking at the changelog, im guessing it does not. Is it an engine bug or something? Thought someone would have wanted to make them work if it was possible.

Edit 2 : Also, did this mod change things so that enemies always drop armor on death? Because in FO2, i know that most enemies drop no armor and the armor stats are "baked" into their base stats.

Last edited:
I now decided to give this thing a try, using the Purist Install. The engine enhancements (e.g. FO2-style running, Take All option in inventories, and improved NPC control) are great. The same goes for the graphics fixes, good work!

My main objection so far is a fairly minor one but nonetheless disturbing. Namely, this patch categorically implements the feature inspired by NV (or was it in FO3?) where a weapon matching your tagged combat skill(s) is added in your inventory at the beginning of the game. Characters with Big Guns tagged get a free Flamer, those with Energy Weapons tagged get a free Laser Pistol, etc. This is not original Fallout behavior. While its overall impact on game difficulty is fairly minor (those extra weapons are largely unusable at the beginning due to the lack of ammo), it nevertheless conflicts with vanilla behavior and lowers the difficulty of a game that was rather too easy to begin with. I understand that this feature mimics NV and that it (arguably) constitutes a successful new feature in NV, but it should absolutely be optional in Fallout 1 rather than something that is forcibly imposed upon the player regardless of his/her wishes.

A second problem worthy of note is that sometimes caravans accuse me of abandoning them, refusing to pay me even though the caravan run went completely by the book (with 1 hostile encounter subdued without losses). Very annoying, even though admittedly this bug occasionally occurred in the originals (at least FO2) as well.

Also, did this mod change things so that enemies always drop armor on death? Because in FO2, i know that most enemies drop no armor and the armor stats are "baked" into their base stats.

This is original Fallout behavior. It was dropped from Fallout 2 as the developers realized it made the game too easy.

I understand that ammunition modifiers dont work in vanilla, does this mod make them work?

I don't think they ever really worked in Fallout 1. And if they did, their mechanics were never transparent, i.e. there were no visible modifiers enabling the player to do the math himself. Such visible modifiers were only introduced in the sequel.

I don't think they ever really worked in Fallout 1. And if they did, their mechanics were never transparent, i.e. there were no visible modifiers enabling the player to do the math himself. Such visible modifiers were only introduced in the sequel.

First off.. dont double post. edit your post if you want to add something but nobody replied yet.

Secondly, there should be an option in the installer to set what stuff is given to the player at game start.

Thirdly Fallout FIXT is waaaay outdated... try Fallout:Et Tu. It's full Fallout1 experience ported completely into Fallout 2 engine. It's out for over a year, and on the contrary to FIXT it's still beeing worked on (as in ocassinally new versions do come out [That is whenever Lexx deems it fit] ). in adition to that you can drive your vehicle in Fallout: Et Tu with style, a thing which was not possible in original Fo1/FIXT, plus other benefits of using Fo2 engine.. relatively easy to mod, new items and no Fo1 255 item protos limit. so in fact you *can* find stuff like avenger minigun or bozar, or HK-P90 in the game hidden in certain places. and lots more.

First off.. dont double post. edit your post if you want to add something but nobody replied yet.

Secondly, there should be an option in the installer to set what stuff is given to the player at game start.

Thirdly Fallout FIXT is waaaay outdated... try Fallout:Et Tu. It's full Fallout1 experience ported completely into Fallout 2 engine. It's out for over a year, and on the contrary to FIXT it's still beeing worked on (as in ocassinally new versions do come out [That is whenever Lexx deems it fit] ). in adition to that you can drive your vehicle in Fallout: Et Tu with style, a thing which was not possible in original Fo1/FIXT, plus other benefits of using Fo2 engine.. relatively easy to mod, new items and no Fo1 255 item protos limit. so in fact you *can* find stuff like avenger minigun or bozar, or HK-P90 in the game hidden in certain places. and lots more.

Oh, did not realise this was a dead mod or there was a port to the FO2 engine.

Is there some reason why the port is not mentioned here? https://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/categories/fallout-1.2/

it's a relatively new mod. and it's not in downloads section cause it's in modding forums threads. Downloads section is not a place to look for fallout stuff, t's mostly old and outdated either Look up Dobrovik's archive (pinned in modding subforum) or look in _Pyran_'s signature for a link (visible after log-in). as for Et Tu..

Fallout et tu - Release v1.3

If you want, there's also a possibility to get an up to date version from github via tortoise.svn, but I don't remember how I've managed to configure that stuff.
(takes up significant amount of space on hard drive).

anyways as in other thread You've posted FIXT also has the option to disable gun holster/unholster animation when doing stuff, You probably just have to update Crafty's sfall1 (not the same as sfall for Fallout2 ) (sfall for fallout2 has at least 3 branches standard one, eXtended by Mr.Stalin and Crafty's sfall2) Crafty's version for fallout1 is not updated anymore but still it's waay newer than the one used in FIXT-0,81a. though expect ocasional crashes with any version of sfall1 as that stuff is really old, and it was built around the time sfall had several issues with crashingthe game. latest release (4.2.8.1 of standard and extended version (Fallout2 engine) is actually very stable[haven't got a single crash since release] ).

Back