Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. RandolphCarter

RandolphCarter First time out of the vault

Feb 24, 2021
    Hi guys

I'm preparing to my first playthrough of this mod and only thing that concerns me during instalation is Mrs Stampleton check box. I finish vanilla fallout years ago and I don't remeber what was wrong with this NPC - i guess is something that may break game economic right? Than please tell me how you suggest to set this parameter details during instalation? Thank you in advance

Sorry for bad english.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  2. 1Punman

1Punman It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 29, 2021
    I forgot that I have it installed it, bump.

3. XNarrol

XNarrol First time out of the vault

Jan 20, 2021
    Dont install this mod. In this point is pratically abandoware. I recommend you install Fallout Et Tu, simply beacuse it has suport, and a lot of bugs that FIXT has are corrected in Et Tu.

Besides, the problem with Mrs Stampleton is that she has infinite skill books. Beacuse of this, you can level up some abilites without level up quite easily (like Outdoorsman, First Aid and Repair).

4. Oracle

Oracle Vault Senior Citizen

May 19, 2003
    Maybe the OP could use some form of edit that redirect it to Et Tu.
    Sure people are free to play fixt, but I still feel many see fixt as the "ultimate" patch which isn't really the case anymore.

5. Elias Hunter

Elias Hunter First time out of the vault

May 11, 2021
    Wheres Neil and Amber supposed to be? I coulda swore I read that this mod adds them back in?

6. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 28, 2009
    No it doesn't. it was only a wrork in progress, and it was abandoned quite some time ago.
    I assume You speak about the follower spy quest. There's only the main spy woman enabled from the quest. You can't figure out that it is her that does spy for Children of Cathedral, you can only kill her, which crosses out the quest as complete.

in Fo:Et Tu this quest was scrapped due to poor writing. Guess Lexx wasn't in a mood to retool this to an ok-ish state.

7. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Not sure if Fixt did it different at some point, but the dialog I saw had her openly sell secrets of the FoA when asked. She flat out sells information to anyone who asks her and that's what makes her so badly written in my eyes.

The original quest idea had you talk to a bunch of FoA people - head of the guards, head of the scouts, etc. and then you would be able to accuse someone to be the spy. Some of that dialog is still in the game, but it's of the same quality as the writing for Heather. 5 or 6 lines of dialog and then everyone openly tells you what you need to know.
    To "fix" / finish this quest, it would be necessary to add a lot more writing to it. The dialogues require more depth, and in best case even some sort of dialog puzzel. But even then it probably would still feel kinda lame. So I can understand why it wasn't finished.

8. Elias Hunter

Elias Hunter First time out of the vault

May 11, 2021
    I actually did find out the spy was Heather, and I made her attack me by calling her out on trying to trick me.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. DADi590

DADi590 First time out of the vault

May 18, 2020
    Hi. If you'll release a next version, could you try to see how to get it to work with the DOS executable? I know it won't work with Sfall and High Resolution pack, but I mean without those. With the latest official version, I can get it to show the character and move it around.

And that's with removing OBJ_DUDE.INT, because with that file, right after I see the character, it will go straight to the main menu, fading out white. Without that file, it kind of works. Though, when I leave the cave, it says I've lost because the vault is dead. That's when I noticed the dead rats on the cave shouldn't be dead - which happens with or without the file.

Would it be possible to fix this? Hopefully it doesn't need Windows to work and is just some minor bug. Thank you in any case for the mod!

EDIT: Seems the dead rats problem is fixed by removing the file WANRATS.INT (no idea if this fixes the vault dead thing, but I won't try unless you ask because I'm removing files... Not a good idea to keep playing without them, after I was told OBJ_DUDE is important). Hopefully this helps enough if you get to try to fix this. Though, I can provide any other info that would be needed. I can also send a debug file made with the DOS debug version of the EXE if needed.

UPDATE: If you get to fix it, know that your version 6.7.2 alpha doesn't do this (got it from here: https://www.mediafire.com/?b88tc6m9h7m26 - thank TONS to the archive owner... Or I wouldn't be playing with Fixt now). Seems to work normally on those 2 things. Hopefully it works normally on the rest, because I'll play with it, both on my PC and tablet. At least until this gets fixed - if it does, that is. Anyways, only from 7.0 alpha onwards the 2 bugs happen. So again, thank you!! Will play with Fixt now!!!

----- Separate requests -----

EDIT 2: Just one last thing. I think the HMI files that come with your mod (at least the newest version - I've been replacing them always, so didn't check) don't work at least with me on DOSBox 0.74-3. So I've been using the 2 I've attached, in case you'd like to use them on the mod or analyze them or something.

EDIT 3: And still another thing xD. No idea if you can make it happen, but could you try having the enemy highlight correspond to the FOW setting? Not that cool to have it highlighting all enemies even with that enabled. If you can, of course.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  10. Kiril

Kiril First time out of the vault

Sep 24, 2021
    Hi, I often get a crash during world travel when encountering a special encounter, meaning I see the red maltese cross icon just before the crash.
    The error message is:
    The instruction at ### referenced memory at ###
    The memory could not be read from

I managed to get a couple of special encounters without the crash so I suspect the crash happens for a specific encounter.
    I never got the alien ship, luck=8, so it might be it.

Tried reinstalling the game and fixt.
    Any advise?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  11. SorgFall

SorgFall Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 2, 2007
    Is his now officially dead?