Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

an Epic thanks for all the work you've done on this. I have some questions if anyone here can answer them for me.

1. Someone mentioned they got to level 99, I remember Fallout 1 having a hardcap, does Fixt remove this cap or is there a file I need to edit to remove it?

2. Is there is a perk limit? I noticed that if I edit myself a mountain of perks using the f1/2se(vlad) only a handful of them show up and then it shows the traits section.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

an Epic thanks for all the work you've done on this. I have some questions if anyone here can answer them for me.

1. Someone mentioned they got to level 99, I remember Fallout 1 having a hardcap, does Fixt remove this cap or is there a file I need to edit to remove it?

2. Is there is a perk limit? I noticed that if I edit myself a mountain of perks using the f1/2se(vlad) only a handful of them show up and then it shows the traits section.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

Ad.1 it's because of new version of sfall for fallout 1 made by "Crafty" a person here from NMA Crafty's sfall have the option to set level cap up to lvl 99

(don't get your hopes up... if you plan to play with invasions most of the towns will be invaded when you reach lvl 99 it took me around 120 ingame days to power level on deathclaws spawning every hour at a certain place in the game in quantities 2 or 3 every 1/hr

Ad.2 original game had a limit of 7 perk slots. however with the addition of Crafty's Sfall it is possible to punch in all the perks via vad's editor. Just use "pick a perk" tick option save with vad's and loading the game choosing perk then save game, reload saves in vad's and rinse & repeat untill all perks are chosen.

as to wether Crafty's Sfall is implemented in FIXT already or is it downloaded and installed separately is a knowledge beyond me, as I've done the installation (when 0.81a came out) over a year ago so i don't remember. All i know previous versions of fixt utilized sfall for fallout 2 made by timeslip in last version with fallout 1 support v1.18.
sfall for fo1 was very basic so Crafty's sfall brought a major step forward to Fallout 1 and lot's of improovments known from more recent basic sfalls from Fallout 2.

as for the perks showing up as triats it's an engine issue crafty's sfall allows for more perk slots however sfall is sort of a hack so that it does not perfectly tell the game how the interface should handle all those perks hence all those cooky errors.

as for how to unlock levels beyond lvl 21 if You have Crafty's sfall then in the .ini file you should have apropriate option to set maximum level. as default it's set to 21 though so in order to hit 99 you'd have to change that 21 to 99.
Regards
Gus T.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, the perks didnt show up in the traits, i just meant, it only showed those 7 perks, before it became the Traits section. Thank you for the info on the workaround for getting more than those 7 slots to show up. I'm not entirely sure if the perks that I tagged with the editor worked, because I didnt really try it out at all, but I know that trying to set your base carry weight with the editor always has it defaulting back to the legit SPECIAL calculations. Anyways, good info none the less, cheers.

In Junktown, I found that the Skum Pitt bar only had two NPCs, Shark and a "bartender," who couldn't be interacted with. How might I fix this?

Hail survivors,

In the warehouse (LA, beside the gun runners), there is a missing deathclaw, so the mission cannot continue with the Gun Runners. I killed two and the mother (and all eggs), but the third does not exist and will not respawn after weeks. I used the "life scanner" in-game and nothing ... (in case it was glitched off the map, but no). So Gabriel keeps having a permanent hunch that a deathclaw remains...

Anyway I can unbug this ?

I know I can by-pass the Gun Runners help and just intervene with my party against the Regulators, just seems cooler to succeed that bit.

ps: posting here as it is not a vanilla bug :P
EDIT : nvm, I now think it is a vanilla quest sequence bug, where I took the Gun Runner weapons for myself instead of for the Blades. Though it is a fact there were only two Deathclaws in the warehouse instead of the normal three.
TY

Last edited:
Can one of you friends answer me on wether this patch fixes the Mariposa (Tool wont disable force fields) bug that has just broken my gameplay :/? Thank you

Hello everyone! :D

First of all I don't have any updates on the progress of 0.90alpha, unfortunately. But I do at least have some updates on my multi-month absence:

GOOD NEWS first - I finally finished that class for which I took an Incomplete, which had been hanging over me for almost a year. I felt guilt working on coding/design for Fallout Fixt when I knew I should be working on coding/design to finish that class so that I could get my degree.
Well I got an 'A' for the class and am now just waiting on the processing folks to mail me the diploma. Woo!

NEUTRAL/EXPLANATORY NEWS next - The promotion I earned at work late March 2016 is great, it's pretty much the perfect role for me and the company is fantastic. It has, however, had a learning curve and been quite hectic & stressful at times. This is part of my silence and lack of progress; I've been basically doing nothing but work+commute+TV+sleep for a few months.

BAD/SADPANDA NEWS next next - My laptop died the same week that I finished the class I mentioned above. Irony? Not sure. Very frustrating though. It's either the motherboard, graphics card, or some part of the assembly that connects the gfx card to the screen.

GREAT NEWS last - I just purchased a replacement laptop today (I don't want to get a brand new laptop just yet; I'd rather put that money into paying off my credit cards) and it should arrive by September 13th.

I am going to do my best to release 0.90alpha as soon as possible. I don't expect any problems releasing it by the end of the calendar year. I can't be more specific than that as I'm not sure exactly how long the in-game customizations & playstyles will take to finish implementing.

Thank you all for your support and patience; I apologize for the delays.

I meant, adding an ingame option to switch between manual management & IA management for allies (instead of editing ddrwaw.ini).
@SenorGast Not sure if this is possible but I'll look into it.

Thank you for the mods/fixes. I have GOG version for Mac, will I be able to use Fixit (for Fallout 1) without any issues?
@Bittersteel Fallout Fixt is Windows-only with no plans for Mac support, unfortunately. This is because the extensions it uses such as Sfall/ddraw don't work on Mac systems, and also because I don't use Apple products so I'm not at all familiar with building Mac installers.

So do you have to have a physical copy of the game? Because every time I start fallout fixt it just says "could not find master data file make sure you have game cd in" or something like that.
Also, it is kinda laggy. Mostly with the interface. Is that natural or does it come with things that help it because it used the screen refresh thing.
@The Lone Poopyface Have you checked the Troubleshooting guide? It's just a text file but has plenty of helpful steps :) You can find it in my signature.

So the US Independance day 2016.. just a day before the FIXT 0.81a patch 1 year anniversary. Since I've managed to actually reach level 99 on my cheated playthrough (yes i barely made it but i still have plenty of various ammo left), i've decided to share a couple of screenshots of the carnage.
@gustarballs1983 This is actually quite impressive. Well done! How did it feel to reach 99? Any idea how many hours it took? Also what exactly did you do, was it simply adding lots of Deathclaws to that map? Did you have to change any scripts?

Decided to replay Fallout yesterday, checked to see if there were any new unofficial patches, and found this. Thanks for all the hard work, glad to see my favorite series is still getting the attention it deserves.
On a dreary night, I decided to give another run at the original Fallout and looked for what updates occurred while I was away from my beloved title... pleasantly delighted by the work of this mod. Kudos.
@Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude @Ed of Vault 13 Thank you both! I hope it was/is fun to play and didn't give you too many terrible bugs :)

I wish someone would restore the Burrows but it'd take forever knowing it'd require a new creature, dialouge, and items.
@Worxolas I probably will at some point as a 'joke easter egg' (which obviously won't appear in the Fixes Only version). Maybe as a Special Encounter. But it would be a very basic implementation.

Fallout 2's engine is going to be great soo excited!
@Ceratisa Agreed! :D

Sduibek was last seen: Jun 12, 2016 -- Did he ditch us?
@ravenbober I did not. :) See above for updates re: my absence. <3

I know He did promise to work on fixt in June but it isn't the first time he was unable to fulfill his oaths/vows. anyways I just really hope it's a work related thing and not some bad thing. Although I agree that He could visit the forum more often.. as people tend to get worried quickly without any fresh news.
@gustarballs1983 Yeah, I do tend to be rather awful at making my self-imposed deadlines for Fixt releases. Sigh, #regrets.
I did indeed work on Fixt in June but wasn't able to even touch it during July or August.

@danielje Thanks for your kind words!
1. The level cap is removed (optionally) by the Sfall/ddraw plugin which was originally made by Timeslip and added features for F1 Engine by Crafty.
2. This is a limitation of the engine in Fallout 1. The Perks do exist for your character, the engine just was designed to only display 7 no matter what.

Can one of you friends answer me on whether this patch fixes the Mariposa (Tool wont disable force fields) bug that has just broken my gameplay :/? Thank you
@X-01-Guardian Did you ever figure out the resolution to this? If not, please post it in the Bugs Wiki - link in my signature. Thanks! And apologies for the bug/issue :(

EDIT : nvm, I now think it is a vanilla quest sequence bug, where I took the Gun Runner weapons for myself instead of for the Blades. Though it is a fact there were only two Deathclaws in the warehouse instead of the normal three.
@Baraz I'm glad you got it figured it! Could you please post this in the Bugs Wiki? Link in my signature.

He said in 9.0 he plans to add the quest I believe look in earlier comments.
@Worxolas Correct, and this is actually already fixed in the files on my computer, just not in the version currently available (0.81alpha). So it'll be working just fine in 0.90alpha.

Last edited:
This is actually quite impressive. Well done! How did it feel to reach 99? Any idea how many hours it took? Also what exactly did you do, was it simply adding lots of Deathclaws to that map? Did you have to change any scripts?

So much questions..
How did I feel? as it was my first playthrough of Fixt 0.81a with crafty's sfall i was urging to get to know wether Mr.Handy in military base got his conversation panel after he joins Your party or is there at least any way to pass him some more ammo or any way to heal him and "push" him around when cornered by him but sadly not :(

How many hours it took?
in game i was just before finishing the deathclaw quest and after that assaulting master then necropolis quick trip to v13 end some quests there and military base last. back then it was like 120-130 in game days after power leveling was done so no place for invasions or water chip quest in my fixt settings :(. In real life a bit longer because i made a lot of long breaks, actually i started the playthrough back in December 2015 but i had no motivation to push further because no new Fixt version was on the horizon, to do more tests :p. If i'd remove the long breaks it would be around 7-12 full days of gaming (assuming one play'd at least 10-12 hours a day)...

How exactly did You did it..

Since i have almost no idea how to mod... besides maybe my hacked companion npc proto files wich i use at all of my playthroughs since i just can't stand them wasteing ammo at the cost of my character's backpain,
"...I had to do the powerleveling the hard way.."
That is Starting the quest from gunrunners to kill the deathclaws and kill only the ones on the surface.. go to blades map & rest 1 hour at the pipboy enter warehouse kill the respawned deathclaws on the surface but not the mother nor eggs (underground) rinse & repeat. bodies are gone since they vanish after 1hr sleep but the bloodstains do not. Hence the red floor on the warehouse map. As sometimes they wander to a different spot before i gun'em down (but most of the time they were gunned down on an area wich already was stained) number of deathclaw kills should be somwhere on the screenshot and it neared 5000 kills if i remembered right. the only thing I hacked in terms of equipment was multiplying hardned power armor and turbo plasma rifles for my party npcs, because as of now there is only possible to get 1 Hardned PA and 2x Turboplasma legally in the game without vad's editor. however i did not duplicate any ammo. but chewed through the most of it.. i was left with like 800 shotgun shells and +/- 1200 micro fusion cells.. evrything else i got in game (except maybe rocket launcher and flamethrower ammo) was used up on deathclawas.

So there You have it no mods but plain old hardcore carnage.

Best Regards
Gus T.
P.S.
oh yeah i do hope You'll fix that mr.Handy to function like a proper companion and not like a following cornerblocker.

After the next release I'm going to finally do a Let's Play of Fallout Fixt.

I've been wanting to for a while, and between real life & working on Fixt, I haven't actually just sat down and played the game as an extended session in years.

Any suggestions for a headset+mic combo with good recording audio quality that won't break the bank?

Replacement laptop arrived today :)
Good to know, I'll keep my fingers crossed for FIXT development from now on..

on a side note..just do remember that you can always unmount the hdd from your old broken laptop and purchase 2,5"external usb drive enclosure, fit the drive inside to have an easy acces to your old data. If it's 2,5" and usb 3.0 You won't even require external power adapter, as usb juice is enaugh to power the 2,5" drive by itself. The electronics inside the adapter deals with the voltage conversion if needed. It's only a matter of enaugh amperage as some but not all usb 2.0 ports (especially on older motherboards) might burn out the mobo because of overload, as 2,5" external drives usually require more than the "standard usb 2.0 maximum of 500mA".

Yay It's my 100 post:D

Sorry if this have been answered but i can't find it anywhere.. i have win 10, i installed fallout 1 classic from GOG, and installed the FIXT full edition. And set my res to my laptop native 1366x768. and everything is so small, the text the characters. I cant find a solution anywhere.. and the ones i found do not help at all. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Sorry if this have been answered but i can't find it anywhere.. i have win 10, i installed fallout 1 classic from GOG, and installed the FIXT full edition. And set my res to my laptop native 1366x768. and everything is so small, the text the characters. I cant find a solution anywhere.. and the ones i found do not help at all. Does anyone have a solution for this?
Enable scaling x2 in options->screen settings.

Back