Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Thank you. But it dosen't works for me. I have download the latest sFall by Crafty and set in the ddraw.ini EnableHeroAppearanceMod to 1. In the charakter creation menu I see the change menu like the latest sfall in Fallout 2, but there are no diffrent PC appearances.
Because you need extra player frames for it, the whole "Hero Appearance Mod" only provides a framework.
Foxx has already replied you in the other thread.

All I have are two issues that I'm looking for a quick fix to. I'm running this mod on a Win 10 laptop with some minor screen tearing and stutters when I move my cursor. It just doesn't feel as smooth as it should. Also whenever I adjust the combat speed it keeps reverting back to default.

All I have are two issues that I'm looking for a quick fix to. I'm running this mod on a Win 10 laptop with some minor screen tearing and stutters when I move my cursor. It just doesn't feel as smooth as it should. Also whenever I adjust the combat speed it keeps reverting back to default.
Try various video modes in hires patch.
Reverting sounds like permission issue. You can adjust speed manually in fallout.cfg

I've run into a really weird thing. Don't know if it's a bug but it has to be. In the first map of Vault 13, the one with the medic and Vault Door, a wall safe appears floating in the air, not connected to a wall.

Screenshot_20180207-100837.png

At first I thought it was a map oversight so I went to fix it with a functioning Fallout 2 map editor that edits Fallout 1 maps and... the safe isn't there. I then entered the map, saved the game, extracted the map from the save, opened the map in the editor and removed the safe. I then put the "fixed" map in the main game folder. I then entered the map again for the first time in a new save and... it's back again. What script is causing this?

I searched but didn't find anyone else with this issue. Any ideas?

Try various video modes in hires patch.
Reverting sounds like permission issue. You can adjust speed manually in fallout.cfg
You mean adjusting my resolution? The screen tearing and stuttering gets pretty bad when I make the resolution even higher.

I've run into a really weird thing. Don't know if it's a bug but it has to be. In the first map of Vault 13, the one with the medic and Vault Door, a wall safe appears floating in the air, not connected to a wall.

View attachment 9924

At first I thought it was a map oversight so I went to fix it with a functioning Fallout 2 map editor that edits Fallout 1 maps and... the safe isn't there. I then entered the map, saved the game, extracted the map from the save, opened the map in the editor and removed the safe. I then put the "fixed" map in the main game folder. I then entered the map again for the first time in a new save and... it's back again. What script is causing this?

I searched but didn't find anyone else with this issue. Any ideas?

That wall locker is sepose to be there. Vault medic (the black guy in vault jumpsiut) mentions you can get some stuff from it after you speak to him about medical supplies few times ( how many times you need to speak to him before he mentions the locker is dependant on Your speech [lower speech -less times]).

That wall locker is sepose to be there. Vault medic (the black guy in vault jumpsiut) mentions you can get some stuff from it after you speak to him about medical supplies few times ( how many times you need to speak to him before he mentions the locker is dependant on Your speech [lower speech -less times]).

I highly doubt that considering I can go THROUGH the locker because it is floating in mid-air and not attached to a wall. That's not even where the medical supplies locker is supposed to be. Something is wrong.

This Locker was there since vanilla v1.0 long before fixt was a thing. Vault medic mentions this locker when you ask him. First time he hands out hard stuff Super stimpak Psycho and probably some mentats/buffout (Spech succes reqired), then You can ask for more supplies and he hands you stimpacks (agin speech succes required), after all that or at the first try (depending on your succes at speech), he directs you to that locker, saying that stimpacks are beeing rationed and that you should check the emergency supply locker. Now i don't remember wich one of the lockers the one in v13 or the one in v15 had a desctiption that said it's not in the usual emergency locker place... although in master's vault there is a full size locker next to the place where the one in v13 is. at least AFAIR...

@Battlefieldisfun

Increasing chance of critters to make targeted shots is actually quite easy. AI.txt is what you're looking for, the called_freq field - http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/AI.TXT_File_Format .

^^^ One unintended side-effect of that is lots of critters have mediocre % in their combat skill(s), so if you raise Called Shots high enough for everyone, it might result in a lot more misses and moderately more critical misses, which could actually make combat easier in the long run for the player. So it'd be all about finding a nice balance between calling shots and not missing all the time.

But you are correct, many critters are set called_freq so high that they effectively never do called shots, which is a shame.

Regarding ddraw.ini setting for that, I've never changed it so i'm not sure if it's just for player or for all critters as well as player.

I've fucked with the target settings in ddraw, and it looks like it affects all actors in the game, not just the PC. So it seems that setting called_freq=0.125 (also tried 1, 2, etc) means that each critter will always target their shots. However, it appears that they always prefer the torso, even with a lower value than other areas. I set the torso target bonus to negative 100 and booted the game, had a couple of blades gangers attack me with what was supposed to be a called shot every attack. It seemed that even though the torso was the worst of the hit chance (-100 while the rest were set to zero), they still targeted the torso every time, missing every single one of their hits. Is there an option somewhere that allows the critters to more randomly select where to attack? Even though the called_freq was edited in order to make them target shots every time, they still simply used their target to attack the torso and nothing else, effectively not different at all from just standard non-targeted attacking.

After a little more fiddling, I set the right leg target bonus to 400 versus everything else's 0. When I reloaded the game, I had some regulators attack me with 999 health. They critically hit me every time (the scars will make good party talk), about 15 times in a row, leading me to believe they were targeting my leg to great effect, but never breaking it. Is the chance of a limb breaking for the PC dictated by another input perhaps? Is there something that could be edited that would mean a targeted limb breaks every single time it is targeted? Also, if an NOc targets a limb like the leg, does it always say so in the combat log (you were hit in the leg for X points) or will it ONLY mention where you were hit if it cripples you (you were hit in the leg for X points, breaking your leg). I ask because NPCs might be taking targeted shots without any output from the battlelog, making it appear that they aren't when in fact they are.

edit 2: setting BodyHit_Uncalled to -99999 makes you critically miss every time, and the enemies to run away. This is a fine pail of fish.

edit 3: Set bodyhit_torso to -500, with everything else 1000. called_freq set to .00001. every time they would get a hit on me, it was a limb or head. most of the time they would miss, making me think that those misses were targeted shots to the torso, even though in game that is either 0 or -4~~ percent chance to hit. Why would the AI prefer a -4~~% chance over a +1000% one?

edit 4: bodyhit_torso and bodyhit_uncalled both set to -9999. Once again, the guards miss over and over until they hit a limb that isn't the torso. I reset bodyhit_torso to 99 and left uncalled at -99999. upon entering combat, the guards hit me every single time without a message about targeting a specific limb, leading me to believe that in the case where they missed and in the case where they hit, they were targeting the torso the vast majority of the time, regardless of their higher chance to hit other body parts. Where in any of the .ini files can it be edited to even out exactly where they target? Even with the torso made the absolute worst target of them all, they still prefer to aim for it no matter what. I flipped it and made uncalled 99 while making torso -9999, and once again they all critially missed every time, leading me to believe they were targeting the torso with the bodyhit settings instead of just general shooting, and that they were targeting torso the vast majority of the time. In order to make my dream of more broken limbs a reality, there must be a setting to make the NPCs prefer targeting the torso less, that has nothing to do with called_freq or bodyhit. If it's hardcoded, I'm crying in the rain.

How can one edit the combat preferences of critters?

EDIT 5!

Answered my own question by looking at DATA/FIXT/SCRIPTS. There are apparently files for each unique named NPC and general enemy NPCs, all in a .INT script file. Found the following
here: http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_1_and_Fallout_2_scripting_-_commands,_reference,_tutorials

attack_complex void Combat

who (ObjectPtr)
called_shot (int)
num_attacks (int)
bonus (int)
min_damage (int)
max_damage (int)
attacker_results (int)
target_results (int)

Causes the current object (self – must be a critter) to attempt to attack a critter (who) with various parameters modifying the combat:

called_shot – 0/1/specific means none/random/specific (head, torso, etc.)
num_attacks – the # of extra attacks the self object gets before the target
bonus – the bonus to hit the target on the first turn only
min_damage – the minimum damage that will be done the first attack
max_damage – the maximum damage that will be done the first attack
attacker_results – what state the attacker ends in after the first attack
target_results – what state the target ends in after the first attack

So apparently, in order to get NPC targeting to behave randomly, the script of each character/type must be edited. I tried downloading the FSE application to edit scripts both on this website and on an external one, but the program no longer seems to exist for download anywhere I can find. Is there a general way to edit these .INT files?

EDIT 6: So as of February 2018, the teamx.ru site still has all tools needed to mess with the scripts. Now for the above mentioned called_shot line, "random" as a portion of the script fails, which means that there must be an integer to represent "random". The way the line is written makes it difficult to understand what integer to use to make random shots happen. For the following:
called_shot (int)
num_attacks (int)
bonus (int)
min_damage (int)
max_damage (int)
attacker_results (int)
target_results (int)

What do the integers represent? Is there any reference? I changed the first one to random(1, 20) and when I reloaded the game the Regulators did hit me in random places (groin, head, etc.) at first. However, as the combat went on they reverted to trying to hit the torso and critically missing. Now what am I missing? In reference to called_shot – 0/1/specific means none/random/specific (head, torso, etc.), does that only dictate the opening attack, and continued attacks after combat is initiated are dictated by another command?

EDIT 7:

I've also been trying to use Dark Raven's Fallout Item Changer to change statso n certain weapons, I have all the directories correctly linked and when I edit the .PRO files in the Fallout Fixt folder it saves the stats, so when I reopen them they are still modified. However, this has no effect on the game, and the weapons stay with their stock stats despite the edits to the .PRO files. Any tips for why this is?

Last edited:
Another thing, how do you transplant Fallout 2 sfall commands to work with Fallout? I found a setting in the 2 ddraw.ini that allows for custom XP tables, however when I put that exact same command in the F1 ddraw it does nothing. Surely if they both use sfall, both would work?

Another thing, how do you transplant Fallout 2 sfall commands to work with Fallout? I found a setting in the 2 ddraw.ini that allows for custom XP tables, however when I put that exact same command in the F1 ddraw it does nothing. Surely if they both use sfall, both would work?
This is really a topic about Fixt, it's probably best to post your questions separately.

I've downloaded, and redownloaded this numerous times. I keep getting the couldn't find masterdata error. I tried running the Fallout Fixit itself, and Fallout. The credits don't mention the Fixit mod or it doesn't say it at the bottom right of the main menu. I know this has been asked many times, but I would appreciate any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
Guys, can anyone help me to contact with mod makers - Sduibek and/or .Pixote.? it seems they missed long time ago... the thing is - i asked Sduibek once to include in Fixt mod - cutted love dialog with Jennifer from BoS, he promised to do it, but, and as i see now, he didn't make it...

I'm not an expert on Fixt, but I'm pretty sure there is some flirting with Jennifer. She'll just never bite (only be tempted at best, depending on (your CH (test?), I think?)). Isn't that the cut dialogue?
Ignore this post if there is supposed to be more.

No, it's not just flirting. Look at this:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Jennifer_(Fallout)

And from her dialogue file:
{195}{}{Oh, my darling. When are we going to marry?}
{196}{}{You're looking so handsome, as always.}
{197}{}{Give me a kiss.}
{198}{}{I've missed you so much.}
{199}{}{I'll wait up for you.}
{200}{}{I've been thinking about you all day.}
{201}{}{You're so cute when you look at me like that.}
{202}{}{Don't scare me like that. I thought I'd never see you again.}
{203}{}{You didn't come by last night.}
{204}{}{How long has it been since I've last seen you? It seems like an eternity.}
{205}{}{I've missed you ever so much.}
{206}{}{Come to bed, honey.}
{207}{}{We can get married in the morning.}
{208}{}{I think we should have about five kids.}
and etc.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/JENNIFER.MSG

Is it possible that you get only one shot at it? I think you have to go for it the very first time you talk to her. If you talk about the base (etc.) the option may be gone?

This missed opportunities is a thing in FO1. For example Jacob (or Jake) has several options the first time you talk to him and when you know his dialogue you can cycle through all of them. But leave his dialogue or purchase anything and all the options are gone.
I believe it is the same with Jennifer.

Last edited:
Back