Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Great news. I keep getting crashes and an error message, whenever I enter the Nuka Cola encounter. That would be nice to get working.

There is a strange thing with 1.0.0.
When I start combat on my own I can't move (move cursor features a X). Until I hit a shot or enter the next turn.
When a critter starts combat I can move fine.
This is not the case in vanilla Fo1 (1.35 with sfall 1.8).
Can't remember if this was the case in Fixt 0.81 or not. However, it appears to be Fixt specific (i.e. not sfall or vanilla). So I'm not sure if this is a feature of Fixt or a new bug?

Can't be bothered clogging up the Fixt wikia, but did you all know that the Deathclaw eggs in Boneyard have combat messages when shot?! A fuckin' egg was all like "Ouch! Actually that could've been worse" etc.

Also, Tryna do the Blades quest, if you say you'll join the leader in their attack on the Regulators, you appear in combat with the Regulators alone! The bastards don't back you up! And if you say you'll sit it out, time passes, but she bugs out and is permanently stuck asking you to attack the Regulators, even though they are in fact dead. Also the Gun Runners say "... now that they wiped out the Regulators" before the attack, but after they agree to give the Blades weapons

Also, because the entire town of Necropolis put me in perma-combat the second I took the water chip (Even though they couldn't see me), meant I didn't bother repairing the pump (I was gonna do it after the chip). When I came back after the water quest was done, all the ghouls were dead and there was no sign of the mutants, only people alive were the two Cathedral worshippers; I assume this meant that the Mutants attacked Necropolis which you'd expect, but the end game screen said they died of dehydration due to no water? Which is it?

And last one I didn't put in the wikia is I didn't get any ending screen for the Hub at all. I did all of Decker's quests, Loxley's quest, the missing caravans quest and Harold was still alive.

Also, I killed Jake the gun guy in Hub with an explosive backpack (dynamite), and when I loot his corpse it's empty, but if I reload the game and shoot him in the head, it has the store's inventory on his corpse.

Alright that'll do me for now, this was my first F1 playthrough in a long long time, so glad to have Fallout Fixt for it. Although I still miss many F2 aspects like pushing and being able to trade freely with companions... I couldn't use them as pack mules in this game because I'd have to buy back everything I gave to them. Wasn't there a mod that was going to put Fallout in the Fallout 2 game?

Can't be bothered clogging up the Fixt wikia, but did you all know that the Deathclaw eggs in Boneyard have combat messages when shot?! A fuckin' egg was all like "Ouch! Actually that could've been worse" etc.

Yeah noticed that too. good thing You posted this at the bug wiki.

Also, Tryna do the Blades quest, if you say you'll join the leader in their attack on the Regulators, you appear in combat with the Regulators alone! The bastards don't back you up! And if you say you'll sit it out, time passes, but she bugs out and is permanently stuck asking you to attack the Regulators, even though they are in fact dead. Also the Gun Runners say "... now that they wiped out the Regulators" before the attack, but after they agree to give the Blades weapons

sometimes this happens it depends on which lines of dialogue You'll choose. anyway good thing you've posted this at bug wiki.

Also, because the entire town of Necropolis put me in perma-combat the second I took the water chip (Even though they couldn't see me), meant I didn't bother repairing the pump (I was gonna do it after the chip). When I came back after the water quest was done, all the ghouls were dead and there was no sign of the mutants, only people alive were the two Cathedral worshippers; I assume this meant that the Mutants attacked Necropolis which you'd expect, but the end game screen said they died of dehydration due to no water? Which is it?

They died of dehydration. Those CoC guys had water supplied by other means, eigther mutants brought it from cathedral or from caravans.

In order for the ghouls to live You need to fix the pump *before* taking the chip.

And last one I didn't put in the wikia is I didn't get any ending screen for the Hub at all. I did all of Decker's quests, Loxley's quest, the missing caravans quest and Harold was still alive.

Iguana bob must be alive as well and you need to be kind to harold as in give him some caps, and most importantly, Decker must bite the dust

Also, I killed Jake the gun guy in Hub with an explosive backpack (dynamite), and when I loot his corpse it's empty, but if I reload the game and shoot him in the head, it has the store's inventory on his corpse.

a bug indeed.

Alright that'll do me for now, this was my first F1 playthrough in a long long time, so glad to have Fallout Fixt for it. Although I still miss many F2 aspects like pushing and being able to trade freely with companions... I couldn't use them as pack mules in this game because I'd have to buy back everything I gave to them. Wasn't there a mod that was going to put Fallout in the Fallout 2 game?

the push aspect is solved for party npcs as a dialogue option.

Party npcs exept dogmeat are fantastic mules. trade in stuff with barter screen and take out by stealing it from them they don't care anyway while in your party so why not. also because of vanilla engine bug they don't become overloaded. you can easily stuff them up with like 7000 lbs of stuff.

The F2 engine conversion is a work in progress. Not playable yet, at least author of the mod did not release a playable version yet.

@Sduibek

I found another bug this time with Killian Darkwater and doors to his room on high sneak and high lockpick, lockpicking those doors does nothing, they are still locked. The message says that does nothing, and trying to open them they only give locked sound and are stuck in place.

The second bug is that when i sometimes succesfully open those doors and loot his stuff from his room & the safe. Later while ocasionally running by his building Party NPC's run into the unlocked Kilianns room and Killian blames me for it and I get 24h prison time.

Third bug is that while watching his doors Killian doesn't mind if i put hot explosives in front of those doors and blow'em up. the doors are gone and i can freely acces his room.

The explosives is actually a lifesaver and the optimal version. It does not matter wether explosives are put into a bag or not Killian simply doesn't give a f**k about them destroying his door, but giving that party npcs dumbwalk into his room and Kilian blames Me, the explosives seem an optimal way.

Last edited:
...The second bug is that when i sometimes succesfully open those doors and loot his stuff from his room & the safe. Later while ocasionally running by his building Party NPC's run into the unlocked Kilianns room and Killian blames me for it and I get 24h prison time.

Third bug is that while watching his doors Killian doesn't mind if i put hot explosives in front of those doors and blow'em up. the doors are gone and i can freely acces his room...
C'mon man! Just lock the doors again after you've finished!

Seriously though as entertaining as it is to take everything from the back it's not really worth the effort. You can steal everything from the 3 tables in Killian's store with 0 Steal skill at zero risk and there's more value there than you can realistically spend. When you use Steal in both Fallout and F2 on an item rather than a person there's a detection script. The script checks whether the person who would detect the Steal is alive, whether they could witness the Steal attempt, and if detectable whether the attempt succeeds or not. With Killian alive you can 'push' 2 NPCs onto the 2 hexes next to Killian, (directly between him and you/rest of the shop). You then tell them to leave the party. You're now free to take everything on the tables and since he can't see you your Steal attempt will be 100% guaranteed. In F2 this trick also works in Vault City with Stark's cabinet and Valerie's lockers. In the Den it works with the individual slavers who guard Metzger's rooms.

Seriously though as entertaining as it is to take everything from the back it's not really worth the effort. You can steal everything from the 3 tables in Killian's store with 0 Steal skill at zero risk and there's more value there than you can realistically spend. When you use Steal in both Fallout and F2 on an item rather than a person there's a detection script. The script checks whether the person who would detect the Steal is alive, whether they could witness the Steal attempt, and if detectable whether the attempt succeeds or not. With Killian alive you can 'push' 2 NPCs onto the 2 hexes next to Killian, (directly between him and you/rest of the shop). You then tell them to leave the party. You're now free to take everything on the tables and since he can't see you your Steal attempt will be 100% guaranteed. In F2 this trick also works in Vault City with Stark's cabinet and Valerie's lockers. In the Den it works with the individual slavers who guard Metzger's rooms.

Nice trick! I always use 7 beers on them though.

In fallout1 some locks can only be opened but not closed Killian's doors beeing the prime example, atleast with lockpick >100% . I think this should be corrected.
I was already aware of the Line of Sight trick. I always loot Kllian's tables.
I find hilarious however, that Killian monitors his door aginst lockpick and entering the room but is completely ignorant when the doors get blasted away by dynamite.

I usually go the dynamite way, since high lockpick sometimes bugs out ability to lockpick those doors. I can try coutless times and get no message in notification window and the doors remain locked. This happens usually with lockpick beyond 100%.

And as for pushing there is more to it than it seemes in Fo1, since it's rather teleport in party NPCs case, because there is no engine 'push' in Fo1 engine, only teleport implemented by Sduibek for party npcs. it can take several minutes to position them right, although never thought about telling them to leave to root them in place.

The worst bummer about locked doors in Fo1 is that there is no other way beyond lockpick or explosives to open locked doors. In Fo2 there were also posibilites to shoot and destroy mechanical locks, bash them open with a punch or kick, or simply bust them open by using crowbar from backpack on those doors with reasonable amount of strength.

Found a typo.

https://i.ibb.co/tD7xSL6/Screenshot-2019-04-07-18-42-40.png

Bit hesitant on the idea of new features like playing as a super mutant or killing the overseer. There's patching and then there's modding. The Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines Unofficial patch suffers HORRIBLY from this.

I always found the idea of turning into a super mutant after dipping and continue playing interesting. After all, when you can be dipped as part of the game why not follow through with it and make it more interesting. I would personally not see a problem in that as long as it is just another option to choose from.
Also you know you can actually kill the overseer even in vanilla game right? All you need to do is quickly click on A when he begins to go back and voala, combat starts and you can shoot him.
I have always done that since I found out it is possible :D Like I will just let that a****** go back to his vault after kicking me out for saving his ass.

I always found the idea of turning into a super mutant after dipping and continue playing interesting. After all, when you can be dipped as part of the game why not follow through with it and make it more interesting. I would personally not see a problem in that as long as it is just another option to choose from.
Also you know you can actually kill the overseer even in vanilla game right? All you need to do is quickly click on A when he begins to go back and voala, combat starts and you can shoot him.
I have always done that since I found out it is possible :D Like I will just let that a****** go back to his vault after kicking me out for saving his ass.
The perk bloody mess makes you kill him automatically, AFAIR.
You can technically kill him before, too, but I don't think it's doable without cheating. He's got a dead animation on his big seat and all.

The perk bloody mess makes you kill him automatically, AFAIR.
You can technically kill him before, too, but I don't think it's doable without cheating. He's got a dead animation on his big seat and all.
Not sure about the perk but I wouldnt be surprised if it worked like that.
Yeah I killed him few time before the end game too when I got bored and decided to wipe out every settlement on the map including brotherhood :D Definitely not an easy fight.

Not sure about the perk but I wouldnt be surprised if it worked like that.
Yeah I killed him few time before the end game too when I got bored and decided to wipe out every settlement on the map including brotherhood :D Definitely not an easy fight.

This is why FIXT changed the description of the perk- because it forces that ending.

I don't really fuck with this mod too hard, but if I wanted to maintain stuff like the repaired/restored ability to get the good endings (and their relevant cut questlines) but dump stuff like the tag skill specific starting gear, what option/install preset would I choose?

I don't really fuck with this mod too hard, but if I wanted to maintain stuff like the repaired/restored ability to get the good endings (and their relevant cut questlines) but dump stuff like the tag skill specific starting gear, what option/install preset would I choose?

You can edit VAULT13.GAM, it controls most if not all of these options.

There should be a list of changes within the various "purist" installation levels for veterans of the game who want to know what you're doing to the game.

There should be a list of changes within the various "purist" installation levels for veterans of the game who want to know what you're doing to the game.
A tree may suffice, from the installer point of view. However, some changes may be working over the same file and hard to isolate. Just a guess.

Back