Fallout: London

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 modding' started by Proletären, Apr 1, 2022.

1. JunjiItosGio

JunjiItosGio Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 29, 2020
    I don’t personally believe this to be true for every product, and certainly don’t always abide by these morals, however that’s not what I meant. I’m just surprised you guys don’t have it already by now. Its been on out so long, I’ve seen it on sale many times low as $5, and times where it was even free.

The modders stated the mod won’t work with the game if it was illegally obtained, it’ll detect it. How they do that, I’ve got no idea, but that’s how it is.

2. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Carbon Dated and Proud

Nov 26, 2007
    I won't download it; not even a free promotional install desperately given by Epic or Steam.

I did have fun making a joke video about it, sometime before FO4 was released.
    [Part one of two, but there is no part 2.]
    *Part 2 would have been the interior of the Cheers Bar (Made in New Vegas), with a bunch of ghouls shouting 'Normie!' when the PC entered.
    __
    Started on it, but lost interest after the game released.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. JunjiItosGio

Oct 29, 2020
    Fair enough, I was a wee teen when FO4 came out so I bought in in a heartbeat, played it all, was completely distraught at the quality, uninstalled and never played again. (And this was before I even touched the classics, I was a FO3 diehard fan and hated FO4.)

However I’m not opposed to reinstalling it when Fallout 4 New Vegas comes out.

4. Risewild

Risewild Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    To me, it's the opposite. It makes more sense for Americans to name their mutated cows Brahmin, since Brahman is an American breed of cows especially bred to survive in low grazing areas, to be resistant to heat, diseases and parasites (ideal conditions to survive the wasteland). And they are heavily bred in America (and originated from Texas and the western Golf of Mexico). The Americans came up with the breed and named it all the way back in 1924. They even have an association around it (American Brahman Breeders Association).

Basically, Brahmin breeding is a huge thing in American cattle breeders.

Basically, Americans created the Brahman breed around the area where Fallout 1 happens.

Brahmin were named by people who survived the bombs. Fallout 1 was only 84 years after the apocalypse and everyone calls them Brahmin already.

Also, I don't really know if Indian people would name a cow Brahmin. After all, cows are the most sacred things in India and Brahmin are priests that are devoted to poverty or in other cases philosophers and wise men. It seems disrespectful to me to call sacred cows those things.
    If the name came from Indian, or descendants from Indian people, it would be more likely that Brahmin would be called something like or related to "Gau Mata", "Kamadhenu", "Gau", "Pashu", "Surabhi" or "Shurbhi".

I also don't think anyone Indian or related to Indians would have anything to do with the post-apocalyptic US cows, since those are used as beasts of burden and slaughtered for meat. Which are great offences for Indian people.

I would have preferred the English version of Brahmin to be called something related to other English words (heifer, calf, milker, dairy, etc.).

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. JunjiItosGio

Oct 29, 2020
    Wait a min, is Aradesh not Indian? I could’ve sworn he was, he and Tandi

6. WiggyDiggyPoo

WiggyDiggyPoo First time out of the vault

Oct 23, 2021
    Milker is a good one, I like that:ok:

7. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars.

Jan 23, 2022
    Cowes is on the Isle of Wight. I think including Radshrews in the tunnels is nuts. Shrews are not that plentiful. Rats are. The most common small mammal s a Vole. So if they all inter bred a Shrevolerat may develop. Also Brahmin is part of the caste system in Hinduism. So British Asians might complain :)

8. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012

The new announcement trailer says the mod will be out 2023.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars.

Jan 23, 2022
    London looks fairly intact.

10. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Not Gollum Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Aradesh was originally a Vault 15 dweller, a sister vault of Vault 13. His accent and appearance are attributed to living in Vault 15, which housed the social experiment of incorporating people of diverse cultural backgrounds.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    Yeah, I wonder why they choose to have it like that? There's also some modern stuff like the London Eye and the new train carriages...

The Empire Wastes mod for Fallout 4 is similar with a fairly intact New York...