Fallout: London

Doesn't New California also have a clone twist? It's implied the player character is a clone of the Vault Dweller of Fallout 1. What's with these mods and clones?
Yes, it's a common trope.
I think Fallout 1.5 Rebirth also reveals you to be a clone of the Vault Dweller.

Every fallout game has features that can be modded away in order to make the experience better

Now Fallout 4's worst aspect can be modded out, the story!

Isn't the dialog system in FO4 hard coded to four choices? (...possibly two plus an effective yes & no? )

I have not played the game, but I got that impression from what I've read.

Modders with time have gone from fixing bugs and balancing stuff to outright having to undo Bethesda's garbage design like the four dialogue options crap from Fallout 4.

I for one am a big fan of text box dialogue over mass effect style, but most people here prob stand by that.
In order for a "dialogue tree" to be good, it just has to fit the game, and since fallout is 80% exposition, full on text box makes sense.
FOL seems like it runs with this idea in it's philosophy on dialogue.

Doesn't New California also have a clone twist? It's implied the player character is a clone of the Vault Dweller of Fallout 1. What's with these mods and clones?

Even better, as New California MC is also
a clone of antagonists.

The New California Enclave leaders were made from the same DNA sample that the Supermutants mixed with VD to create the MC.

Alternatively if you side with Enclave clones, then you have to fight against the original person everyone was cloned from.

Yes, it's a common trope.
I think Fallout 1.5 Rebirth also reveals you to be a clone of the Vault Dweller.

Not Resurrection, Nevada does.

And not the clone of the FO1 Vault Dweller, but a generic pre-war person that was accepted into Vault 8.

Theres a segment I've encountered when moving along a tunnel underneath the thames, its partially flooded and was a neat dungeon. When you swim through this section and go back above the water, the lights begin to flicker out until the tunnel is completely dark. I absolutely love that the devs added small details like this.

Video of the tunnel (possible spoilers) (This video isn't the best to show off the lights flickering because whoever is playing it just ran through the tunnel)

Later on the tunnel
floods
Which I didn't really think was executed well, but I prefer this over fallout 4's way of doing story events

I also appreciate the addition of an entirely new type of crafting
Screenshot (4297)-min.png

Back