Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Everyone, here is the latest pack of English files for Fallout: Nevada. They haven't all been edited for proper English yet, but there's progress from the last pack of files that were sent out. Importantly, Pip-Boy files (including holodisk files) have been translated, though not yet "perfected".

There's no special installer. Just drop the files into the relevant folders in your master.dat folder. I've replicated the file structure in this .zip, so it should be easy enough to figure out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/17df2kumjtgeni7/2017-12-02-english-pack.zip?dl=0

Please let me know of any problems.

Everyone, here is the latest pack of English files for Fallout: Nevada. They haven't all been edited for proper English yet, but there's progress from the last pack of files that were sent out. Importantly, Pip-Boy files (including holodisk files) have been translated, though not yet "perfected".

There's no special installer. Just drop the files into the relevant folders in your master.dat folder. I've replicated the file structure in this .zip, so it should be easy enough to figure out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/17df2kumjtgeni7/2017-12-02-english-pack.zip?dl=0

Please let me know of any problems.
SS.jpg

Do not use this translation in the Assembly (Crazy Edition)!!!
They are not completely compatible, if someone has desire, then I will provide files for translation.

It turns out there was ANOTHER missing closing bracket in Luciano's file. I must have really been fucked up when I edited this.

Attachments

Anyone know where to turn in the old pendant found in New Reno from the metal detector? Searched all these Russian help guides and there is no mention of what it is for other than being a quest item.

Hi Snikers,
First of all, thank you for your hard work as a translation team. Great job. During my playthrough so far, I have experienced the folowing issues:
1. Holodisk regarding Big Louis (Lovelock) not translated into English.
2. Nevada Express caravan ambush holodisk - proof in investigation for Bikers not translated into English.
3. During conversation with Salomon in New Reno (mission for Raiders - Big Louis), issue occured with the dialog. Salomon: "Error", 3 character conversation choices: 1-3. "Error" instead of English text.
4. During conversation with Luciano in New Reno, I have noticed 2-3 words in Russian among English ones.

I am using Fallout_Nevada_HD [1.02] version.

BR.

Last edited:
I'll have to check up on the holodisks. I could have sworn I included the translated files.

I also checked Solomon's dialogue, but I don't see anything that could be causing that. What version of Fallout Nevada are you using? There's a "crazy edition" that these translation files should be mostly compatible with, but won't account for any changes in NPCs' dialogue coding.

Hello my (Fallout) friends :-)

I just want to ask about Bridgeport, there is all in Russian, is there something important, bcs u know Azbuka :D and now I am in Wind of War and there is too 90% dialogs in Russian? Lovelock ==> Radar area all Russian.

Btw i downloaded Fallout CE is it correctly or i need other version?

Thx for help, RAdE.

I'll have to check up on the holodisks. I could have sworn I included the translated files.

I also checked Solomon's dialogue, but I don't see anything that could be causing that. What version of Fallout Nevada are you using? There's a "crazy edition" that these translation files should be mostly compatible with, but won't account for any changes in NPCs' dialogue coding.

I am using Fallout_Nevada_HD [1.02] version.

I've had a few reports of untranslated files, and I think I may have made the terrible mistake of not including the translated-but-not-edited files in the upload pack.

Please don't forget the files in the 'game' folder, because that includes the holodisk translations.

Attachments

I've had a few reports of untranslated files, and I think I may have made the terrible mistake of not including the translated-but-not-edited files in the upload pack.

Please don't forget the files in the 'game' folder, because that includes the holodisk translations.

Hi Snikers,

so if Bridgeport, Wind of War, 1 location in Lovelock and some other are in Russian, does it mean, that u puted bad pack or I did something wrong? I am really confused about that. And I still don´t now which client is right 1.02v or CE?

Thx for info, RAdE :-)

Hi Snikers,

so if Bridgeport, Wind of War, 1 location in Lovelock and some other are in Russian, does it mean, that u puted bad pack or I did something wrong? I am really confused about that. And I still don´t now which client is right 1.02v or CE?

Thx for info, RAdE :-)
From my current experience, the 1.00 version from the Fallout Nevada website works as everything is translated(even if it's grammativally incorrect sometimes but you can understand it right?). 1.00 can take a bit of working with, but for me it was easier than getting the translation to work with the right and exact 1.02 HD version.

Hi Snikers,

Are you having trouble with the pack I uploaded a few weeks ago, or the one I uploaded yesterday? The one I uploaded yesterday should have everything. However, it was designed for 1.02, not CE, so CE might have some files that aren't included in my pack (not many, though).

Are you having trouble with the pack I uploaded a few weeks ago, or the one I uploaded yesterday? The one I uploaded yesterday should have everything. However, it was designed for 1.02, not CE, so CE might have some files that aren't included in my pack (not many, though).

Hey man,

yes I have a trouble with the pack from 4th December, which I downloaded. And yesterday I tried to install the new one, but I think location which i mentioned are still in Russian. Atm I am thinking about version 1.02 despite that I already started the game with CE.

Back