Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

I'm stuck. Train repaired, running, driver rented, stones cleaned and ... I have no destination? I have omitted something somewhere, but I do not know what. I checked in the walkthrough and everything seems ok. I should get to the Government Crypt from the station, but I do not have anything like that? Can anyone help?

Attachments

• TRAIN.jpg
    TRAIN.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 1,401
I managed to make a patch to install it on GOG-version of fallout2, but there's a problem with sfall - nevada got the old version of it, the new one doesn't work, and the old one makes the videos blink. Is there someone who managed to fix this?

Last edited:
Okay, forget it. I kinda sorta went over it, jumbled together an installer, put into it all warnings i encountered, and here it is.
You'll need critter.dat of fallout 2 to play. The master.dat is not needed, don't believe what installer says.

And yeah, by the way, new translation version is included! It was A LOT of work, for A LONG time - like, 6 months or something.
I had a blast doing it.

A lot is fixed, the story is readable, the names are in order, etc.

Shout out to resurrection team and original translation team - thanks guys, you're the best.

htt p s : //yadi.sk/d/hvnnte5p3antQU

If someone's interested, i'll put up only text files. Comment here.
Still testing and fixing here and there, so feedback's appreciated.

Attachments

• scr.png
    scr.png
    193.4 KB · Views: 751
  • scr1.png
    scr1.png
    258.4 KB · Views: 766
  • scr2.png
    scr2.png
    330.1 KB · Views: 707
  • scr3.png
    scr3.png
    273.1 KB · Views: 697
Are the screenshots examples of the improved text or do they still need improvement? If the former, I can point out at least one mistake in each screenshot.

I’d like to point out that I really appreciate it when people put effort in translating (or fixing the translation) of this awesome mod. I hope you didn’t take any offense at my rather short remark in my previous post. Anyway, here goes:

scr.png
“Why do they think they are insufficient having local guards is beyond me.”

A sentence that starts with 'why do' Should always end with a question mark. Besides that, the sentence is a bit disjointed. It could be restructured like this:

Why they think the local guards are insufficient, is beyond me.
Why they think it’s insufficient having just local guards, is beyond me.

Or, if you wish to keep the question-structure, you could formulate it like this:

Why do they think they are insufficiently staffed having local guards? It is beyond me.

scr1.png
“Is it not too many words for creature, who had lost his human form?”

Are those not too many words (words being plural, the verb should be plural too)
For a creature, (forgot an ‘a’)
Who has lost his human form? (had should be has)

Suggestion: ”That’s an awful lot of words for a creature who claims he has lost his human form.”

scr2.png
“Or maybe just a junk, who knows.”

Or maybe just junk, who knows. (junk is plural, you can't have a junk, 'a piece of junk' would also be correct.)

Suggestion:
You got evidence against Sam Phillips. Or proof of his innocence. Or maybe nothing at all, who knows.

scr3.png
“For couple of seconds”
Should be “For a couple of seconds” (forgot an ‘a’)

There’re more mistakes in there. Stuff like the placement of comma’s, singular/plural verbs. But overall nothing major. In fact, what you did is already a major improvement over the very rough original translation.

Here i was, thinking i made a difference :)
Actually, these were pretty strong points. So, fixed that.

Aaaand here's textfiles. If you constider involving yourself into project, that would be great.

Attachments

I am in need of assistance. After I enter the Hangar in Area 51, sometimes my game crashes and views a message, something about memory. Any help?

I had the exact same issue; upon entering the area 51 base the game crashes, or doesn’t, in random fashion.

I don’t know what causes it, but after a couple of tries I managed to get in without a crash. Save the game in a new slot and play on from there... doesn't seem to affect the rest of the game

I got a special encounter called hitch hiker or something like that. Naked guy named John. He wants a ride to Vegas. Problem is I don't have any car whatsoever. He simply dissappear after I leave the current map. His quest is probably bugged for me right? Any way to fix it?

I'm pretty sure it's something in the scripts. You could try install the game from my installer above and use the master.dat file instead of a folder, or just download the clean russian one, find folder /scripts in master.dat and replace your files with that. Hope that helps.

I think I am stuck on the main quest, attached is the image of my main quest list so far.
Already fix the bikers reputation and have access to Battle Mountain, currently exploring the Salt Lake city which seemed to be the last stop.
Did I missed any quest triggers ?

Attachments

• scr00006.jpg
    scr00006.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 542
Если будете всех сдавать генералу, то Ветер войны скорее всего будет ждать плохая концовка.
What is the meaning of this? Russian walkthrough is confusing sometimes.

Back