Fallout: New Orleans trademark registered in Europe

What is the "NMA standard" these days? From reading this board I'm getting a mixed message (by comparison to what I remember about this place) and sometimes the discussions read almost identically to the Fallout Series board from the old Beth forums.
There really isn´t one. From my time skulking the forum before joining, it seems to be mostly divided. Some want it to go back to the isometric camera with turn based action of the classics, others want the first/third person camera with real time action and some don´t really give a shit.

NMA's standard: Not full of shitty writing, lore inconsistencies and badly portrayed characters. So long as the writing and lore is good I don't care how the game is played out at this point. I'd much rather have a cRPG but I'm starving for lore.

NMA's standard: Not full of shitty writing, lore inconsistencies and badly portrayed characters. So long as the writing and lore is good I don't care how the game is played out at this point. I'd much rather have a cRPG but I'm starving for lore.
then why you have a problem with completely new setting, eventhough its done by obsidian? thats adding new lore, not rehasing same stuff from the core region...

then why you have a problem with completely new setting, eventhough its done by obsidian? thats adding new lore, not rehasing same stuff from the core region...
I've got no... problem... BWAHHHH!!!! GIVE ME BACK MY LEGIONS (See what I did there?)!!!

I've already explained this more than enough, I'm not going to regurgitate myself over and over again.

Well based on how New Vegas turned out, Obsidian could probably make a better Fallout game than Fallout 4 in about 2 months. Might even be ready for the holidays.

Seriously though, Bethesda had their fun making an embarrassing, idiotic caricature of Fallout. Get Obsidian to make a New Vegas 2 so the actual Fallout fans can have their fun.

Well based on how New Vegas turned out, Obsidian could probably make a better Fallout game than Fallout 4 in about 2 months. Might even be ready for the holidays.

Seriously though, Bethesda had their fun making an embarrassing, idiotic caricature of Fallout. Get Obsidian to make a New Vegas 2 so the actual Fallout fans can have their fun.
"Hey guys, sorry we couldn´t release Fallout: New Orleans as polished as it could be. Unfortunantely, Bethesda said we only had five days to make the game and if we didn´t reach the metacritic score of 120, we had to file for bankruptcy. But Beth is still a good game company though!"

I'm going to assume that is probably fake. Is there a precedent for something like this happening? A game being trademarked in the EU by a U.S. company, before the United States?

There really isn´t one.

That's what it looks like, yeah.

At one point in time, it seemed as though there was one.

sure. As am i. But i aint holding my breath for that. Like fnv all i can hope for is good writing and quest design.

If there's will there's a way. Can't say that I'd hold my breath for anyhting regarding this series anymore, as far as I'm concerned it's now as dead as it was at Van Buren cancellation. But in that unlikely hypothetical "maybe-perhpaps-possibly" situation where someone like Obsidian gets to make a game under the title, I'd hope and expect that the gameplay is touched in more than just rudimentary manner. Iso/TB Fallout isn't going to happen ever again, that much is certain, but there is a wold of gameplay design that'd serve the purpose better than one for straight up shooter.

Last edited:
If a genie jumped out of a bottle well-written isometric Fallout games would be the first on my wishlist.

But if all I can hope for is decent writing with crappy combat, that's fine by me.

New Orleans is fine I guess. I'd be interested to see what would be done in that setting. Could finally see some mutant gators. Plus it might be nice to go back in time a little. Maybe to the year 2200 or something like that.

This thread has sold me on seeing more Khan action though.

That's what it looks like, yeah.

At one point in time, it seemed as though there was one.
I'd say it was after New Vegas that the breakpoint happened, which brought more influx of new blood to the forum. I think that it is better like this so new ideas can be brought to the table, but considering I'm new blood and I haven't read threads from before NV, I don't really have the experience to chime in on that.

I'd say it was after New Vegas that the breakpoint happened, which brought more influx of new blood to the forum. I think that it is better like this so new ideas can be brought to the table, but considering I'm new blood and I haven't read threads from before NV, I don't really have the experience to chime in on that.

I joined pretty much a week before NV was released, so I kind of saw the end of an era there.
But for a couple of years, it was a very different place, it fel closer to the RPGCodex but not as rough.
I would have liked to have been around earlier, see what some of the early guy were like, but alas, we're here now.

Last edited:
Back