Fallout: Nuka Break Kickstarter launched

sea said:
I'm really, really surprised Bethesda were willing to make such a deal in the first place. Maybe they realized that the quality of the films was decent enough that it would look really bad for them to shut it down. I'd say they're learning, but then, I haven't been able to find any Fallout posters lately, so...

Haha yeah, I was quite amazed. Thanks for the info Worstusernamever! But I'm shocked by the fact Bethesda is not sending the lawyers first. I mean, it was such a good occasion to be hated for nothing.

I'm inclined to agree with Brother None that in that case it was probably their lawyers' initiative, because it sure as hell doesn't make any sense otherwise.

WorstUsernameEver said:
And the tone of The Road is enormously different from that of even the original Fallout. No wackiness, no self-awareness, no twisted sense of humor, society isn't really rebuilding, etc. etc.

Yet the tone of The Road is a lot closer to original Fallout than the tone of "Nuka Break" is.

I merely referenced "The Road" as the most recent post-apocalyptic movie with a grim tone, because, say, "I Am Legend" is even farther from Fallout.

Even Tim Cainn considers the humor an important part of the Fallout franchise, you guys really love to let your nostalgia ridden interpretations to speak for you.

I like Nuka Break, it's not the Finest piece of audiovisual art ever, but it does well what it sets to do, just because you don't like humor doesn't mean everyone should just discard it in everything they do. And some of you, or one of you, keep refering to this as a Fallout 3 parody... when it's not a Parody in the first place, and the series itself takes place in the New Vegas setting.

I would pledge if I could...

Walpknut said:
Even Tim Cainn considers the humor an important part of the Fallout franchise, you guys really love to let your nostalgia ridden interpretations to speak for you.

I like Nuka Break, it's not the Finest piece of audiovisual art ever, but it does well what it sets to do, just because you don't like humor doesn't mean everyone should just discard it in everything they do. And some of you, or one of you, keep refering to this as a Fallout 3 parody... when it's not a Parody in the first place, and the series itself takes place in the New Vegas setting.

I would pledge if I could...

Check out some of Zack Finfrock's tweets (https://twitter.com/#!/ZackFinfrock). He does chat about the Fallout 3 styled parody elements of 'Nuka Break'. He even links to Tim Cain regarding it. I think humour plays a role in the Fallout Universe.

However, regarding the New Vegas setting, it's pretty removed from the majority of humour based ideas in Fallout 3. Comedy is damn hard and pretty subjective. I can only imagine with 'Nuka Break' they are aimed at perhaps a hunger audience?

I might be wrong, but to me Nuka Beak's goal is to reach a young audience that discovered Fallout with Fallout 3 or New Vegas, or maybe to reach people that were totally amazed by Fallout New Vegas. By then... It is simply not for me.

Walpknut said:
.. or one of you, keep refering to this as a Fallout 3 parody... when it's not a Parody in the first place
Yes, mea culpa! :)
You know, those movies are inspired by F3/FNV graphics. It's not Fallout for me, laser guns looks different, jump suits looks different too and my very own imagination refuse to be cheated like that.
Alright, I'll shut up now. Move along! :mrgreen:

Walpknut said:

There are many different kinds of humor. Fallout 3 humor is more like a class clown starting to laugh and hoping others will join. It's rather embarassing.

just because you don't like humor doesn't mean everyone should just discard it in everything they do

Hahaha

Who si talkign about Fallout 3? you keep just goign back to FO3, have you actually seen Nuka Break?

they need to rethink the makeup of ghouls for me to support them. Having the nose just being a ridiculous black hole where you can clearly see the nose just makes me cringe whenever I watch it and makes me focus all my attention on wondering why they would do such a thing instead of whatever else is going on.

Fallout the Bounty

Hey guys! new to the forum, but I really need your help. My co-creator, and I are currently in pre-production of a Fallout Short Film set in the Texas Wasteland. It involves a ex-veteran ranger turned bounty hunter on the hunt for an escaped Caesar's Legion slave. He meets a ghoul along the way, who attempts to join after escaping a lone shark also on the hunt for the escaped slave. the ranger, and ghoul companion must race after the slave while simultaneously battling Kahns, Raiders, and Caesar's Legion along the way.

So if you go to Indiegogo, you can search Fallout it should come up with Fallout The Bounty. you can donate. But remember, you don't have to donate thousands of dollars. 5 dollars help, but please tell all your fallout loving friends about our production. It would help a lot, and we would really appreciate it. We'll keep you updated two times a week at our youtube channel FalloutTheBounty. And if you donate you get some really cool prizes.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
On the indiegogo page my face in the thumbnail for the video looks really ridiculous.I know, but please still donate. We just didn't have time to redo the video at a better angle. And yes i did get a haircut days later, it looks much better, and a lot less Justin Bieberish now.

Viliny said:
Fallout 3 inspired, i take it?

More like Fallout: New Vegas inspired really, the story so far has been taking place in Mojave/NCR territory and even had a cameo in Goodpsrings.

As for the humor I don't know.. it's definitely very slapstick-y, which I've noted since their first outing, but I think they've gotten much better with the references, pacing, etc. and it looks like they want the plot to be more involved this season. It's not for everyone, but I still found it enjoyable, and I still find it closer to the tone of Fallout 1 than The Road, which is a grim tale about the relationship between a father and a son set against the backdrop of a grim post-apocalyptic world. To each his or her own, of course, and I don't think my opinion is particularly authoritative on the matter.

P.S. : I know I'm like, a month later to replying to you guys, I was meaning to but just kinda got sidetracked. It's still kinda assholish to do so in the middle of a discussion though, so I'd like to apologize for that.

well thats common sense here. Particularly since you are dealing with a company that sues others because they use the name "Scrolls" in their Title.

Back