Fallout 2 mod Fallout of Nevada/Фаллаут Невада

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Dionis, Sep 22, 2016.

1. br0th3r c4l3b

br0th3r c4l3b First time out of the vault

Dec 5, 2017
    Can you give me some more detailed instructions, please?

2. Keyboard Gecko

Keyboard Gecko Fallout: Nevada translation is out! Look in info.

Jan 15, 2018
    Huh. I see error with the latest installer - "the path may be incorrect". Must be when @_Pyran_ assembled new version, something gone wrong.

@_Pyran_ , elaborate pls

3. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 31, 2017
    I don’t see a problem:
    1. Install Fallout 2
    2. Install Fallout: Nevada (Fixed mod) in root directory of the game
    ! (example) X:\Games\Fallout 2 (check the installation path of Fallout2 and Fallout 2)
    3. Launch the game from the 'Fallout Nevada (mod)' shortcut
    p.s.: Within a week I will update the utilities (sfall 4.2.6 and etc), and add metal armor upgrade fix.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. Keyboard Gecko

Keyboard Gecko Fallout: Nevada translation is out! Look in info.

Jan 15, 2018
    I got this:
    2.png

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    installer 07.04.2020 (15.15)

1 - incorrect path
    2 - correct path
    Check if there is a fallout2.exe in folder.

CRC-32: 528cffa0
    MD4: 89ae99e6eb5ea4795726e7b39ae038af
    MD5: b277e4a5349b5d40ab3e96e8cf8872ca
    SHA-1: 732b191f58401dc80683f704eacb81e0315426e9

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. quique

quique First time out of the vault

Jul 10, 2020
    Hi. I have just installed Nevada Fixed Edition. Looks great!

I have a couple of questions:
    1- When creating the character, I have noticed that all the stats from First Aid to Outdorsman have a default -10%.
    For example, notice in the picture that Outdoorsman should be 2 x (EN + IN). This is 2x (5+5) = 20. But instead it is 10%. The same for Doctor, for instance. The formula is 5% +(PE+IN), this is 5% + (5+5)= 15, but instead it is 5%. Again, -10%.
    Is this intentional? is it a bug?
    If it is intentional, changing it with a savegame editor would break the game?

2- How can workbenches be used? I have found a broken armor, and I have read somewhere I can repair it in a workbench. I found a workbench in the Poseidon Oil Power Plant (NPP), but I haven't managed to use it. The workbench works as a container, as in vanilla Fallout. EDIT: I have found the proper worbench in Howthorne.

3- I have been in NPP and I am radiated (300 o so). I got back to Vault City and asked for treatment. Now the Geiger counter says I have 0 radiation, but in the character sheet it still says "Radiated". No radiated sign in the hull thought. EDIT: Ok, I answer myself: the radiation goes away with time.

Thanks in advance! and congrats for such an awesome game.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  7. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 A Smooth-Skin

Oct 28, 2009
    Ad1. check your options settings. The Fo:Nevada Fixed Edition is natively set to "Hard" which literally means all non combat skills get -10% from normal. Although skills like small guns should be on level according to formulae.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. Tribalus Maximus

Tribalus Maximus First time out of the vault

Dec 27, 2018
    Can you give me some guidelines? I have trouble making a character and I don't know in which way should I go. This is my second playtrough after a year or two of not playing F2 mods.

Is 10 INT needed to beat the storyline in comparison to lets say 7-8? Do I miss a lot of stuff walking around with 7-8? Or just little extra dialogue?
    What about AG? Combat seems to be harder than in F1 F2 and I like to participate in ring fights. I think going low on AG (6 or 7) and high on buffout.

And an extra point in PE, END or CH.

Skill point build so Skilled + second trait. Outskill the Gifted 10 INT build. I like this build, mediocore but efficient. As of perks I will go with action boy on LVL 12 and 16.

What about level cap in this mod? I know there is no level cap but what level should I be at the final quest with no grinding? Level 18 or 20? Or more like 15?

Sorry It looks like doublepost but I would like to ask you same question in regards to Resurrection and Nevada. In adequate forum topics ofcourse.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. br0th3r c4l3b

Dec 5, 2017

Thaks for that, i figured that i installed a Fallout 2 from Steam and not the GOG (pirate) free version. But now i got another problem.
    I have played the game for quite a while (reached the train depot in Salt Lake City) and for some reason, every time i try to launch the game, the screen go all black, but the audio still work. I tried to instal and run a program to fix the video, but it did'nt work. Pls help

10. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    I don't know why you have a black screen. Try:
    If the team has a Machinist, try leaving him on a different map.
    Run HRP - select video mode (dd7, dx9)...
    Load the previous save and play again (throw out all unnecessary items).
    Not recommended, you need use "too many item bugs" tools (№ of saves 0-9)

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. br0th3r c4l3b

Dec 5, 2017
    Yeah, my game got so glitched that the main menu was in a black screen and i could'nt do anything like you suggested. So sadly, i had to reinstall the game and lose my save :c Now i gotta restart it all over again.

12. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    1. Install without uninstalling.
    2. Or save the data \ savegame folder
    3. Sorry to hear that.

13. Archangel

Archangel First time out of the vault

Tuesday
    Hello,
    i have two questions about Fallout Nevada:
    1. i do not like the "Hero Appearance Mod", as i am fine with the default dude and i prefer the character screen vanilla.
    Are there any ramifications if i disable the mod in ddraw.ini? Is it possible that i break something, a game mechanic that is dependant on it?
    2. I like to play with normal difficulty, but the default difficulty is "Hard". Why is that? Will normal be too easy?

I already love what i have seen so far....a real work of art this mod.
    Thanks for your answers!

14. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    Hello.
    1. ddraw.ini - EnableHeroAppearancemod=0
    2. Settings - options - normal.It's okay, set it as you like.