Fallout Prequel?

Millim

Venerable Relic of the Wastes
Orderite
[REDACTED]
Who thinks there should be a game based on the war. It could be a squad based RPG.

So what do you think?

Millim said:
Who thinks there should be a game based on the war. It could be a squad based RPG.

So what do you think?

No offense, but it wouldn't get my vote. Basing a Fallout game on actual war would push the combat too far to the forefront. These games are best when they have great stories, NPCs, towns supporting the combat that we'd engaging in. I honestly don't think a game developer could handle the temptation of turning a squad based Fallout war game into Mass Effect: Fallout, which while potentially fun - is would result in such a shallow story that it would reflect that of Mass Effect 2 (go get companion #1, then #2, then #3, go upgrade #1, get #4, upgrade #3 & 4, etc...alright are you ready? Attack the boss guy!!) - no thanks.

Ancoridge DLC is worst example of Fallout prequel.

In Van Buren there was tutorial in time of war. Fight commies, run to Vault.
This is good example.

Maybe good to add some travel inside of "fresh" apocalypse like in "Day after..."
But no war.

Oh. Maybe some linear story about John Maxson exodus seen through eyes of some soldier. Also inside game. Not separate product.

Bethesda doesn't like it to go back in time. So every future Fallout game will play after the last one.

I'm not lying when I say this. I saw on the vault that when JE Sawyer was working for black isle studios he would like to make a game called Fallout: Resource Wars, which was pretty much like this. You played as a memer of the Royal Armoured Corps fighting through Europe to get back to Britain while scavenging parts for your vehicle, set in the resource wars. Don't believe me? Search it up on Vault website, if it doesn't work go on JE Sawyer's page and on the behind the scenes section it will show you it.

This statement was made many years ago. Now Fallout is part of Bethesda and Bethesda only does "what they do best".

But I honest to god would change my completely change my view on Bethesda if they did something like this (best if it was a spin-off in my mind), but of course it's Bethesda and i'm sure they're scared of improvement, because what they did with FO3 was completely Oblivionize it. Rant over.

Very off-topic: Lexx what are the system requirements for your shattered destiny mod? because mine won't download for some reason. Plenty of memory as well.

Millim said:

So what do you think?
Maybe in the sense of the intro or tutorial like van buren but otherwise no, fallout was never a squad based game, there was Fallout Tactics but it was just too changed from the previous fallout games, the companion system is awesome though.

Not during the war, it'd feel more like call of duty than a fallout

what about straight after the war
say the PC found shelter in a fallout out shelter( not a vault) and you get to explore the area around fallout 1 was meet all the people, richard grey? see the bakersfeild vault open up? that sort of thing?

Shiny Buildings and Atomic Cars

It would be nice to play a game set in the Fallout Universe before the war; imagine being an investigative reporter who stumbles onto the secrets of the vault system just before the war starts.

Oh, my apologies.

Anyway, I would prefer a more espionage based game, considering the paranoia in America at the time.

White Knight said:
Anyway, I would prefer a more espionage based game, considering the paranoia in America at the time.

I agree with you on this .

After all , hearing Kitsune in Fallout 2 "restored" i too was having thoughts about that kind of a prequel .
Besides all military equipment that's in Fallout games mostly dates from that time , power armor for example or Chinese stealth armor .
Heck even robots . But where would that prequel be in Fallout world i cannot imagine , maybe around the whole globe or considering timeline mostly in Canada and China besides America .

You are a Chinese spy that si sent to Washignton DC before the war, you would have complete freedom of were to go, and your mision would lead directly into discovering what woudl become the Enclave, the Power Armor project, etc. or maybe work as a double agent and sabotage the People's Republic of china. You coudl be either an eltie spy or cannon fodder that si jsut sent to divert al attention fro mthe elite spy they woudl send. I don't know is just an idea. it would be an rpg liek the previosu fallouts and non linear so you coudl do whatever you want. At the end you either go back to your country as the bombs are fallign aroudn you, get intoi a Vault to forget everything that happened before, cause the launching of the nukes to china, maybe I don't know scape in an old tanker and dock in San Francisco when the bombign is over? or get an alternate story ending when you prevent the nukes from beign fired.

Back