Fallout Remastered OST available for free

For Fallout 1 it's probably Radiation Storm for me, I just love the eerie tune. As for Fallout 2 it's either My Chrysalis Highwayman or All-Clear Signal, don't know why but I just love those tracks.

I think Metallic Monks is my favorite Fallout track. It just seems to capture the technology of the BoS combined with the whole tragedy of the post-apocalypse (most likely due to that siren you can hear).

I also like Vault of the Future which really brings across the oppression and creepiness of the Vault.

In this new version, I think Radiation Storm gained quite a lot of power. I always liked the track a lot but it seemed to gain another level in this remastered version.

Outstanding. The overall quality outweighs some of the annoyance derived from selected sound effects.

A great shame that Morgan didn't compose for the latest incarnations.

Moribund World would be my favourite as well, followed by Khans/Den, then Highwayman and A Trader's Life.

Beyond the Canyon has some small chimes and noises I've never heard in it before, it sounds kinda weird but I like it. Definitely a result of the remastered versions of the tracks.

I found little details that were previously missing from A Trader's Life. It feels strange (in a good sense) to find something new in music I've listened to so many times.

Editing and cutting the tracks at the moment so that there are no fade ins/outs. I hope people are still interested in this. :P

I find it a bit odd that every track blends in the other, so I decided to edit them.

My favourite BoS track from F1 (Metallic Monks) sounds even better now with some sound flows that weren't noticeable before :D

Surf Solar said:
Editing and cutting the tracks at the moment so that there are no fade ins/outs. I hope people are still interested in this. :P

Yes, I am.

Would be nice to have FLAC versions too.

jomiyo said:
Surf Solar said:

Yes, I am.

Would be nice to have FLAC versions too.

Need to look for the correct encoder though, usually I render everything on 320kbps mp3. But shouldn't be a problem though.

Also, is anyone else also annoyed by those strange bats or what this is at the start of Acolytes of the new god? I'll lower the mids a bit at this part, so that it won't penetrate the ear so much.

EKSelenc said:
My favourite BoS track from F1 (Metallic Monks) sounds even better now with some sound flows that weren't noticeable before

Yep, thats also my favorite track, together with the Modoc one ( Dream Town). It captures exactly the mood for me.

Looks like they are still planning to release them tracks for free and in lossless format. Some new buttons has been added to the site (one for lossless audio and one for mp3) but it still has the coming soon tag.

Remastering is a process in which you take the original music track in its purest form right after mixing, when it hasn't gone through any final audio processing yet, and apply equalization, compression, possibly stereo image fixing, stereo enhancing or exciting and finally limiting. Perhaps adding other processing effects in the fx chain as well.

I once read on a Mark Morgan interview that if he only could find the original masters of the Fallout music he composed, he would re-release them remastered and as better quality files. Seems like he finally found them then. I have been looking forward to this day for some time now.

Ooh yes, I just realized, the Modoc theme remastered and in better quality, finally!

Edit:
Getting pops and clicks on "Industrial Junk" at least. Can't say if it's intentional, but annoying.

Back