Fallout Texas (TDG's take)

Don't whack Fort Bliss in the west... and why keep DFW out? The metroplex would have at least 20 vaults

By DFW you mean "Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex"? The man said he's not into vaults, and they could very well be empty or failed (experiments). In any case, DFW is massively in ruins and radiation still abounds.

I refuse to give it (and any other huge city) the treatment Bethesda gave to DC (it should be the biggest crater in former US soil).

One can talk about LA or San Fran, but seriously: look at the misery the Boneyard is in FO1, and consider that all we see in San Fran was post-nuclear made by the Shi.

Nice writting TDG, needs some conclusions though.

Also, why you want to do another epic plot? I like me a epic, but one of the things FNV did right was not going straight epic save the world thing.

Hey TDG, you inspired me to do my own Fallout: Texas idea.
Mine is different, though, for example, no NCR. In my idea, I choose to use the Independent/House ending, but I'm not going to say it out straight, rather just imply things, like Legion and NCR being scared of Securitrons. Also, using a broad strokes version of FOBOS as background is a good idea.

I'm kind of busy with something that came up, but I will complete it soon, I hope.

Hello Slaughter Manslaught,

Thank you for your compliment.

I have come up with a plot I feel is good and it has an ending too but I do not want to spoil it in case I may ever be able to pitch it as a mod or perhaps in the unlikely event a full game.

Also, why you want to do another epic plot? I like me a epic, but one of the things FNV did right was not going straight epic save the world thing.

Feels sort of tradition to me.
The local matters to me make sort of the meat of a campaign, helping out settlements and groups, with the big plot uniting them all.

Plus its not a 'destroy the world or kill the mutants' plot, its more about bring some of old world's power back with all of its failures and mistakes.

While NCR does have a presence in my idea it is not a large presence.
In my take the NCR did manage to take control of the dam but they were never able to annex New Vegas thanks to the Courier and Mr House/Yes Man.
Plus as the NCR spread further it became weaker while problems back home only became worse.

I am thinking that the famine that Dr Hildern is perhaps already happening and that the NCR is either on the verge of a civil war due to the problems mentioned in FNV or that that is also happening.
NCR is not the power it used to be and the colony that was send to San Antonio to secure the Sunset Route only has sporadic contact best West, making the people wonder if there is still a NCR.

Regarding your other post, there would be Texas Rangers or a similar organization in Texas (perhaps a different name may better better to prevent confusion with the NCR Rangers and Desert Rangers) but they are an independent group of trouble solvers rather than working for any of the city states, much to the annoyance of Lone Star.

Like Makenshi suggested, each city state has its own police force and militia.

I wasn't sure about using material from FOBOS or FOBOS 2 Vagrant Lands as that game was not well received for good reasons.
I still like the idea of the secret Vault Tec Vault, the Texas Brotherhood of Steel chapter, and the Super Mutant army led by Attis, that is why I decided to use some of it.

Back