Fallout: The Frontier - Released!

Hunt Down the Frontier has been one of the most entertaining mods of all time. And I haven't even played it. At least Fallout 2 gets the good total conversions.

Man, Hunt Down The Freeman is a masterpiece compared to The Frontier. Hunt Down The Freeman is The Room of mods and much like The Room there was something charming and innocent about that mod. It was basically just one guys Half-Life fan fic that he always wanted to make and he somehow was able to rope in many big named YouTubers to voice act for his mod. It was actually kind of wholesome.
Here this is nothing but a degenerate shit fest from start to finish. The idea for the mod was bad. NCR and Legion in Portland? Why? Ripping off Call of Duty, Wolfenstein and Kojima verbatim, hiring degenerate furries, scalies, rape fetishists, troons and other sexual degenerates, the hubris of the mod authors. All lead to a disaster of epic proportions!

Hidden at 28 Jan 2021, 1:27AM by weijiesen for the following reason:
Some deeply concerning news has emerged in the past few hours. We have been recently notified that one of our developers, ZuTheSkunk, had posted animated pedophillic content on their personal artist accounts. The items in question are deeply disturbing to the entire team, and we condemn them in the strongest sense. ZuTheSkunk has since been removed from the Development Team and banned off of our Community Discord. We will be conducting dialogue with members of the development team to hear their thoughts regarding the current situation and help make our decision more informed. We have stopped production and work on the mod to address the current events properly. More measures will be undertaken and a more detailed address will be posted soon.
The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed both in the mod, and outside of it, belong solely to the authors who write them, and not to the mod's organization, community, or other group or individual.
I feel that the discussion of this mod is done, but it just keeps on giving.

In hindsight the fact that even the earliest trailers blatantly showed they were attempting to outdo the scope of the original game should have been a grim protent of things to come.

Well, if you check the old threads / posts here about the mod, most of us were never of the opinion that this is going to be a good thing. Too much pew-pew and weird cinematics right from the start, and the bits of the story released were always thought of as stupid.

So really, the only thing that is surprising about it now is all the horny content.

Well, haven't posted in awhile and only casually followed the mods progress. I haven't played New Vegas very much the last few years, but I remember watching Frontier interviews in 2015 getting excited for the mod. Really sad this is how it ended. Modding scene wasn't like this back when I first started in 2010. Weirdos with their sexual fetishes were relegated to loverslab or whatever it's called and it was left at that. I don't know if Discord is to blame or if younger people getting into now are just dysfunctional spergs who aren't socialized properly. Can't believe NV modding went from Someguy2000 to this. Besides the 7 years of work wasted it's sad that someone like Xilandro who had genuine extraordinary talent now has his reputation tarnished from this. No doubt the other devs have been a bad influence on him.

I'm a sex fetishist though.
PastelSecondBronco-max-1mb.gif

the only solution.

So that's New California and Frontier down, now all we have is Miami, Sonora, and Cascadia I suppose? Not counting obviously the "remakes" of already-made games. I lost faith in the Miami mod when I heard how not only is the main character gonna be the Sole Survivor again (why), but a main faction was gonna be the Enclave (god). Cascadia interests me though. It feels the most "original" out of the newer Fallout mod projects. I think the only well-known faction they said were in it was the NCR and they're just a small pocket of bystanders to the original factions. For once, even the Brotherhood isn't in it other than a mention thank fucking Christ. And Sonora interests me too, waiting on that translation.

I probably should learn my lesson and just stop putting hope in these massive fan projects, but I'm also fucking thirsty for good Fallout content. Also it's not like we're devoid of a decent mod, I thoroughly enjoyed Resurrection.

I hope Sonora and Cascadia are decent, but if not, oh well.

I'm a sex fetishist though.
Am I the reason for NMA's decline?
Will be. Right when you stop making sense and sperg out. You should see the quality writing of this huge ass stalkersoup of a mod.

So that's New California and Frontier down, now all we have is Miami, Sonora, and Cascadia I suppose? Not counting obviously the "remakes" of already-made games. I lost faith in the Miami mod when I heard how not only is the main character gonna be the Sole Survivor again (why), but a main faction was gonna be the Enclave (god). Cascadia interests me though. It feels the most "original" out of the newer Fallout mod projects. I think the only well-known faction they said were in it was the NCR and they're just a small pocket of bystanders to the original factions. For once, even the Brotherhood isn't in it other than a mention thank fucking Christ. And Sonora interests me too, waiting on that translation.

I probably should learn my lesson and just stop putting hope in these massive fan projects, but I'm also fucking thirsty for good Fallout content. Also it's not like we're devoid of a decent mod, I thoroughly enjoyed Resurrection.

I hope Sonora and Cascadia are decent, but if not, oh well.

I spoke with one of the Miami Devs (Or at least, they claimed to be) and apparently it's basically entirely disconnected from Fallout 4. They said that since the project has began they have disjoined it from the base game moreso, and said that you could boot up F4 and cheat yourself to the appropriate level, start and you'd miss nothing in terms of immersion to the narrative.

It must be said I am disappointed by the likes of Cascadia and Miami in being unable to shake off repeat factions even when they're in totally new regions. With the likes of New California, I understand obviously but c'mon guys. It's not like post-apoc factions are rocket science to crack in terms of ideas.

I was quite interested in the Cuba lore that Miami presents though.

I spoke with one of the Miami Devs (Or at least, they claimed to be) and apparently it's basically entirely disconnected from Fallout 4. They said that since the project has began they have disjoined it from the base game moreso, and said that you could boot up F4 and cheat yourself to the appropriate level, start and you'd miss nothing in terms of immersion to the narrative.

It must be said I am disappointed by the likes of Cascadia and Miami in being unable to shake off repeat factions even when they're in totally new regions. With the likes of New California, I understand obviously but c'mon guys. It's not like post-apoc factions are rocket science to crack in terms of ideas.

I was quite interested in the Cuba lore that Miami presents though.
Some of the lore of Miami actually does interest me too, I feel though that the mod would benefit a lot from scrapping the Enclave as well as making the protagonist an original one and not Mr. Fallout 4.
Their FAQ states that Miami will "continue the story of the Sole Survivor" so even if the story is disconnected from the plot of the main game (which is good, don't get me wrong), I don't like the idea of having to play my Fallout 4 character in this.
I hope it's not like the Frontier where every person in all the way up in Oregon knows who I am and constantly has to call me that. Cascadia seems to get it, as you're playing an entirely new character called "the Drifter" in a new region, in a new time period set in 2329, almost 50 years after NV and 40 years after FO4. That kind of originality intrigues me a lot.

Well, apparently, they pissed in /v/'s wheaties for a few weeks on end, so when this came out, they got blasted into quitting. I feel bad for the lead dev and some of the other talented people, but some of these devs, especially Phobos, are just insufferable.

the discord was very toxic. useing the transphobia shield, calling people that want the enclave natzis [ which is why i know that dev is lying during that interview.]. heck when zu was first found out they banned the guy who posted about it.

Back