Fallout: The Series now the most successful Amazon show ever

Discussion in 'Fallout TV Series Discussion' started by CT Phipps, May 10, 2024.

1. Hardboiled Android

Hardboiled Android Vault Fossil

Jun 7, 2015
    I mean it's not even like Gulpers are some super-death engineered killing-machine like Wannamingoes or Deathclaws, gulpers are just an animal basically. It would be like Vault Tec releasing angry gorillas to exterminate surface dwellers.

2. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Carbon Dated and Proud

Sep 17, 2016
    Ehhh, it's not quite that "The Division's central plot" easy. Not the least being those stone age morons not being anywhere near one another. You need a way to distribute the virus massively, vaccinate presumably the populations you want to keep alive (all vault-dwellers who are in "good vaults), and it to be 100% lethal but last long enough not to burn out.

but yes, you're right. Gulpers are a silly means of genocide.

Conceded.

3. AgentBJ09

AgentBJ09 Vault Dweller

Jul 9, 2015
    To get this thread back on track with the show, here's a few videos between Creetosis, DWTerminator, and Enclave Emily about the show.

I think we need to get a retcon discussion going at some point too. Compile all the things people are noticing along with ourselves. How Vault 33 is near the area where The Cathedral was, how cold fusion was already in the games via the GECK, how the idea for Vault 31 was copied from Vault 0 in Fallout: Tactics, etc.

4. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

Aug 16, 2010
    Didn't stop it from being the main big evil plot of the series twice already.

5. Bradylama

Bradylama So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 22, 2003
    If the intent with the gulpers was to be an anti-caveman bioweapon they would have said so. I assumed that was the point at first too, but Hawthorne merely says they were crossbreeding humans with radioactive resistant species.

6. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    Isn't a major point that their plan is stupid and only because they're racists? I mean, wiping out ALL LIFE ON EARTH TO RULE THE ASHES is pretty much the OG idiocy of the biggest complaint about the Fallout series.

7. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    Oh yes, in-universe they are trying to make better humans not Gulpers.

But I admit I have always been trying to figure out reasons for fallout 4's idiotic Super Mutant plot with the Institute.

That was one of my theories.

I can't make that writing work, though

8. JKRDU

JKRDU It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 21, 2018
    I agreed with most of the people listed above but I wasn't a fan of Synth's take on Fallout show, the guy feels like the type of person who is too consumed in their beliefs, which is type of person I despise the most regardless of what side they are in.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2