Fallout: The Series now the most successful Amazon show ever

Discussion in 'Fallout TV Series Discussion' started by CT Phipps, May 10, 2024.

1. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Carbon Dated and Proud

Sep 17, 2016
    https://deadline.com/2024/05/fallout-premiere-viewership-nielsen-amazon-record-1235910754/#comments

Walton Goggins (The Ghoul) in “Fallout” Courtesy of Prime Video

It’s no wonder why Fallout got renewed.

Amazon‘s video game adaptation stormed onto Nielsen‘s streaming list in its debut weekend, racking up a whopping 2.9B minutes viewed in its first five days on the platform.

That was over a billion minutes more than anything else that was watched on streaming the week of April 8 to 14.

It’s also Amazon’s most successful title to date, according to Nielsen, considering it surpassed Reacher’s best week by over a billion minutes as well.

Nielsen reports the audience for Fallout in its premiere weekend was 63% male, and 75% of viewers were under 50. About 70% of viewing was concentrated in the first four episodes, which likely indicates some more big weeks for Fallout ahead.

In second place, unsurprisingly, was Bluey. The kids program continues to be a big winner for Disney+ and this interval was no different. The series attracted another 1.4B minutes viewed.

Grey’s Anatomy fell to third place this week, while last week’s top title The Resident came in fifth place. The Fox medical drama had a good run, though it looks like it probably won’t reach Suits levels of streaming success this time around.

2. Hawkwing74

Hawkwing74 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Feb 20, 2024
    Endless argumentum ad populum from shill supreme Phipps.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  3. PaxVenire

PaxVenire Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 29, 2020
    Not to be rude but what is the point of making a new thread based on every other article that comes out regarding this show? All the conversations lead to the same talking points.

You didn’t even bring up a point of discussion either, simply copied and pasted the article verbatim, hotlinks and all.

Last edited: May 10, 2024
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 5
  4. AgentBJ09

AgentBJ09 Vault Dweller

Jul 9, 2015
    Just because millions 'like' something doesn't make it good.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  5. Hardboiled Android

Hardboiled Android Vault Fossil

Jun 7, 2015
    Someone has to fill out this new subforum

6. Traeger91

Traeger91 Still Mildly Glowing

Mar 10, 2024
    And it's all Phipps

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  7. Hardboiled Android

Hardboiled Android Vault Fossil

Jun 7, 2015
    Which is to say, a hero

8. Traeger91

Traeger91 Still Mildly Glowing

Mar 10, 2024
    [Insert The Dark Knight quote here]

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  9. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    To share...news?

10. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    truly the darkest timeline

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  11. PaxVenire

PaxVenire Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 29, 2020
    You realize that every new sentence muttered about this show isn’t news worthy of its own entirely separate topic of discussion right?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  12. Bradylama

Bradylama So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 22, 2003
    The same goes for posting a new thread for every video you've seen.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  13. TheKingofVault14

TheKingofVault14 Fallout Fan For Life!

Jul 5, 2022

Exactly, EXACTLY! This is one of the reasons why I've been tuning out the discussions on here regarding the TV Show, because most of the time it's just going around in circles. Plus, the endless shillfest of this nonsense is straight up irritating to the eyes!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :roffle:

:roll:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  14. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    I think this is worthy news because it means that Fallout will hopefully be getting mulitple seasons, merch, and a sooner game set.

Also, sharing videos I hope will spark discussion but I've been toning it down back anyway.

Just no real enthusiasm on these forums.

Shame.

15. Norzan

Norzan So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Apr 7, 2017
    Yeah, let me get excited at the fact that this garbage show is getting more seasons.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  16. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    Congrats!

:)

17. Bradylama

Bradylama So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 22, 2003
    I've had to start making a point of not replying to CT. It was fun at first but eventually it's way too insufferable to have to read the same points over and over again, quoted down to the minute detail. You would garner a lot more discussion if you posted a single thread for videos and news and just kept updating those. Right now this forum looks like only CT posts in it.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  18. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    Yeah, I was trying to spark a bunch of discussion and it didn't work. Anyway, I've massively dialed down on my posting in hopes other people will pick up the pace.

I made a huge response to Bradlama's analysis and no one else seemed to want to.

Basically, there's just very little interest in the show's plot and storytelling.

19. AgentBJ09

AgentBJ09 Vault Dweller

Jul 9, 2015
    When folks like Mauler, Creetosis, SyntheticMan, Arch, Rags and others are accurately calling out why the show is literal garbage, as well as Brady going point by point per episode and catching the details millions are missing, willingly or otherwise, what interest is there to garner?

It's an astroturfed show, being hyped up and watched by tourists, written by hacks, and given blessing by two people who don't like the best entries of the series because all of them blow their efforts out of the ocean.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  20. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    I mean, people are rightfully calling out Synthetic Man's review as incredibly stupid crap and Mauler's review showed he didn't bother fucking paying attention. I posted a bunch of other views but no one responded to them.

So, eh, I just gave up.