Fallout TV series - Set photo

Fallout 1/2 did have a pretty strong Mad Max kind atmosphere at times but these games still have a pretty strong unique identity that Bethesda fallouts don't have.

Everything has been ripped off, so complaining about lack of originality doesn't make much sense at this point. You can always trace an artstyle to dozens upon dozens of examples.

What matters is that if you do something good out of it.

It can look however it wants since I ain't gonna watch it. But that car is a kinda lazy though, they just lugged some '48 Studebaker out of the old car storage. Go put some fake zeerust fins on it and at least pretend to be future-retro.

It can look however it wants since I ain't gonna watch it.
Me neither because it's a TV series based on a videogame, of course it's gonna suck.

I will add that this one of the very few examples that not basing it on the games would improve it because not basing it on the Bethesda's bullshit improves everything. Because they sure as shit ain't basing it on the first two games and New Vegas.

Last edited:
I'll watch it out of curiosity. It seriously can't be as bad as the Halo show. As a matter of fact I dare it to.

Yeah, this isn't marketed at fans of the old Fallout games in the slightest. This is marketed at Bethesda Fallout fans.

Is it just the aesthetic that makes it marketed towards Bethesda fans? What do we know about the story? I don't know much about the series except these BTS shots.

The choice of aethestic gives a lot of it away.

But color me surprised that if it doesn't take a bunch of plot points from Bethesda Fallouts because why it wouldn't? Those are far more recognizable to the Bethesda's fanbase than the ones from those yucky and outdated games from the 90s.

New-Barbarians-The-George-Eastman-1.jpg
tumblr_inline_p7il6tXQqd1t1y67g_250.jpg

Nadir-Hammer-Williamson-New-Barbarians-Warriors-Wasteland-c.jpg

Mad Max in Italy.

It hasn't even come out, let's save the bashing until some sods on here watch it and trash it in a more detailed way. Anyway about the set photo itself, it just looks like the first Red Rocket you see in FO4, in fact I thought it straight up was.
Regarding the concept of a Fallout show, of course it's dumb. The interactive medium of games already makes it so different from other mediums, but an RPG even more so. Consequence, tension, complexity, all go out the window in an adaptation. I'm not even mad about it, that's just how it is.
Who is willing to bet that they make some stupid RPG reference about levelling up or something? There are so many shitty scenes I can practically taste already.
A hardened female wanderer looks up and down the meek protagonist, and asks "Hmph, well what makes you SPECIAL?" and he goes "... SPECIAL?" and she says "Don't worry about it..." or something like that.
The dramatic scene with the PipBoy when protag first finds it. Can't wait to know what they'll actually do with it in the show other than the protag wears a piece of plastic on his wrist the whole time.
Can't wait for the epic wasteland story about the factions doing faction stuff to each other. Oh boy I love factions!! I hope the good faction wins!!!
Can't wait for the epic brotherhood of steel firefights with the raiders!!!! I hope the brotherhood win!!!
I for one won't be watching, I can't even be stuffed to watch a show I actually like, let alone don't want to watch in any capacity. I'm depending on you guys to fling my shit for me. Thanks in advance.

It hasn't even come out, let's save the bashing until some sods on here watch it and trash it in a more detailed way.
Been a while since a Bethesda release (not counting 76 updates) so I think a bunch of people here are starving for something to sink their teeth into and are blowing their loads too early.

So, the trees. Clearly they chose to film at a time when the leaves have shed to make it look more dead buuuuut does anyone think they're gonna cgi out the uh... Pine trees?

I don't care if it is going for Bethfallout style as it won't be based on any particular story fron the games, just gimme something to watch. But i heard Todd Howard is involved.

It looks fine.
Show hasn't even come out yet and People are blowing their loads.

I'll rather just wait and see how it is.

And just to add fuel to the fire, I'd take a 50's retro futuristic aesthetic than another Mad Max clone anyday.

Doesn't Microsoft technically own the IP now?
Yeah that’s true. They usually stay out of studio’s business tho, and for some reason Microsoft treats Bethesda like a separate entity and not like they’re the parent company. Every time Bethesda has a “showcase” it’s the “Microsoft and Bethesda showcase”. Not sure why tho.

Back