Fallout TV show coming 2024, featuring Vault 33 in Los Angeles

The main reason i'm never watching this show is because i don't give a shit about a Fallout TV show. I want to play Fallout, not watch actors play out some story i have absolute no control over, because the appeal of Fallout to me is how much i can influence the state of its world through the choices my character makes sense.

I just like the setting and the amount of thought that went into the original games worldbuilding which ultimately made me appreciate the world even more. Fallout's comic booky and disturbing aesthetic was great too. Love the bleak tone with sprinkles of humor. Love a lot of things about fallout. None of which seems to be present in this show. They haven't so much as convinced me to give it a shot

Finished the show now. It wouldn't give such a bad feeling if they wouldn't have felt the need to destroy Shady Sands and the NCR. Why the fuck did they have to do this? They could have literally made this any other fictive town and nothing in the story would have changed.

Because the plot is that the bad guys are doing bad things and we should want to stop them.

It's literally the plot of Fallout 2.

Pre-War corporate conspiracy behind the Vaults want to takeover the Wasteland kill all the mutants so they can rule what's left.

But SOME people will think it's somehow a betrayal of the original plans of the setting.

Because the plot is that the bad guys are doing bad things and we should want to stop them.

It's literally the plot of Fallout 2.

Pre-War corporate conspiracy behind the Vaults want to takeover the Wasteland kill all the mutants so they can rule what's left.

But SOME people will think it's somehow a betrayal of the original plans of the setting.
It's just funny, that they picked the most well known civilization and nuked it out of existence. Better not tell them that the Legion isn't just Roman soldiers, or they'll be next.

It's just funny, that they picked the most well known civilization and nuked it out of existence. Better not tell them that the Legion isn't just Roman soldiers, or they'll be next.

Spoiler for Episode 8

I mean, they nuked it out of existence....to rebuild it at the end.

The whole point is that they get the lights back on at the end. Did everyone forget that? It's like, "Yay, the fusion thingy is working. Now NCR can live again."

That was the point of the season.

Spoiler for Episode 8

The whole point is that they get the lights back on at the end. Did everyone forget that? It's like, "Yay, the fusion thingy is working. Now NCR can live again."

It didn't need rebuilding though, the NCR looked well off in FO2 and even in New Vegas you can hear a variety of people talking about the NCR as if it's a full blown nation.

It didn't need rebuilding though, the NCR looked well off in FO2 and even in New Vegas you can hear a variety of people talking about the NCR as if it's a full blown nation.
Don't mind CT Phipps, he will come up with some of the dumbest arguments to defend garbage media that he completely irrationally defends for some reason.

Has Bethesda confirmed the tv show as being canon?
Screenshot_20240414-042140_1.png

Here's the original article BTW:
https://www.gamesradar.com/fallout-canon-tv-show-todd-howard-bethesda/

:ok:

Oh, well fuck the tvshow then.
I was thinking it could be handwaved away as a its own canon, like Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe. Obviously it isn't canon to the main universe, just a shits and giggles read. But if they canonize it then it's different and they can go gnaw on ratshit.

Spoiler for Episode 8

Which is rather nonsensical and pointless, why cold fusion being a mcguffin when it has been a thing all along (a single fusion core somehow powered a vault, and microfusion cells had been a thing in fallout from the start). Also, lol at the all the lights just turning on after 15 years or so being a nuked crater just because some experiment was turned on.
I get the sentiment, but holy shit it's just badly told.

In Fallout 2, it was a hated imperialist power and in New Vegas it had a bunch of internal problems. It being temporarily dissolved is only a problem if you think it should be invulnerable to bad things happening to it.

Which is rather nonsensical and pointless, why cold fusion being a mcguffin when it has been a thing all along (a single fusion core somehow powered a vault, and microfusion cells had been a thing in fallout from the start). Also, lol at the all the lights just turning on after 15 years or so being a nuked crater just because some experiment was turned on.
I get the sentiment, but holy shit it's just badly told.

Cold fusion is different from fusion. Fusion is a real thing. Cold fusion is a magic handwavey Star Trek tech. They're also different in the show as Maximus mentions Fusion Cores.

Oh, well fuck the tvshow then.
I was thinking it could be handwaved away as a its own canon, like Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe. Obviously it isn't canon to the main universe, just a shits and giggles read. But if they canonize it then it's different and they can go gnaw on ratshit.

I mean, it's the single most popular Fallout thing ever and already been seen by a massive non-gamer audience.

In Fallout 2, it was a hated imperialist power and in New Vegas it had a bunch of internal problems. It being temporarily dissolved is only a problem if you think it should be invulnerable to bad things happening to it.

Cold fusion is different from fusion. Fusion is a real thing. Cold fusion is a magic handwavey Star Trek tech. They're also different in the show as Maximus mentions Fusion Cores.

I mean, it's the single most popular Fallout thing ever and already been seen by a massive non-gamer audience.
The point is that fusion already existing in miniaturised formats makes cold fusion as shown here pointless. The whole point of cold fusion is that it's easier to achieve and comparatively low energy, but if they already managed to miniaturise fusion, it implies that they either already have cold fusion, or worked around the problems of regular fusion processes. It could have been a better plot point if they made it about scaling up fusion to the point where it can actually power a city, but that still doesn't make a lot of sense when a bottle sized device already has several hundreds of kW output.
It's just shoddy writing, which is par for the course, really.

Ugh, smoothskins? Should I play Fallout4? I'm new to the franchise. Born like 10 years ago. Really liked the Tv series. I have heard Fallout4 is better than Cyberpunk. (no, seriously, never played 4 and it's on a discount).

I watched the Tv series. It's ok I guess (more like a spinoff than adaptation). Overall I would rate it 2/10.

The 10mm looks good.
The Vault life seems plausible (but It's not).
The pregnant vault dweller looks kinky (yay!)
Tinfoil is only semi-retarded.
There are some nice details to spot here and there.

The Tv series is not really Fallout/F2 like, not really FNV like, but it parallels with F3 somewhat (never played 4 and 76). One of the majors missunderstanigs (aside from plot itself) would be the state of the wasteland.
Organized city states were raised as soon as 2090 (Vault 8 in 2091, The Hub in 2093). Most of the Fallout/F2 gameplay focuses on dealing with dangers around those cities and within cities itself. Blasting of the Sands would not destroy whole NCR cause what with The Hub, The Adytum, The Vault City, The Arroyo, and so on. Some of thouse places were quite developed before joining the NCR. Eh, It's pointless isn't it?
So, we get the wasteland. Fallout is apparently a post - postapocalyptic series (I agree) but the developers seems to miss the point and downsize it all to the empty and barren wasteland. So, we get the protagonists walking around wasteland. It's boring to be fair.

When I first played Fallout3 I had this feeling. It's empty. Cities are empty. There is not much life within them compared to what I saw in Fallout2. The Den had more life within itself than this city based aroung aircraft carrier from Fallout3. The Tv series is very much like this feeling.

It could have been made much much more better than simple walking around. Wasted IP. That's all.

Below is my post from 4 years ago.

I've read about it couple days ago. My reaction was neutral. Either I'll watch one / two episodes or forget about it. By the time it'll be released (2022?) I don't think I'll be putting much attention to the whole Fallout franchise (except for Fallout 2 mods).

One thing Fallout was about is how humans deal with unknown. The Brotherhood, the Master, the Hub, the Vault 13 all were trying to figure it out what to do next in this unknown world, then we were tinfoiled by Fallout 2, then Bethesded. Fallout lost its true credo.

So my bet is on:
There is a Vault City or freshly opened Vault (not pure good, not pure evil). Our protagonist is trying to figure out what is the source of all this. Some politics (don't let the tribal get your job!), some action (shoot those super duper mutants boy!), some mercy (the ghouls were nice right from the beggining!). We get some stupid social experiment and the Enclave (tinfoil + tinfoil and the goverment is to blame). And in the end they lived happily ever after under... egh democracy?

And this time, he (or she) will be looking for his/hers lost uncle.

Ugh, so close.

There is 3in1 Vault. It's pure evil. Our protagonist brother and our protagonist just-be-friends-ok? (so sidekicks?) are trying to figure out things. Don't let the raiders get your vaultjob! Toss that head boy! Oh, poor, poor, poor everybody. Ok, social experiment is semi-retarded but stupid (overall), and the Vault-Tek is to blame! NCR with its democracy is out. We have corporate property (Vault-Tek CEO) vs private property (House and his Las Vegas) vs feudalism (BoS) in the end and into the season2. Did I get it right?

And we blame it all on capitalism cause we dont know what capitalism actually is. Vault-tek as gov subsidiary may be not a capitalistic entity (just saying).

And this time, we are looking for our father (again).

Season2 We are looking for our soon-to-be-married (fiance? dont know exact word)

Season3 We are looking for our babysitter (or childs godparents).

Yeah. Find the waterchip, You have 150 days left, was the best introduction quest ever made. Now we are running out of relatives.

I still find the inbreed thingy kinky enough, but not really Fallout Universe - like. Vaults with 800 up to 1000 inhabitants with arranged marriages would be safe from incest for a long, long time but I get it. It's Social Experiment, eh.

Ugh, smoothskins? Should I play Fallout4? I'm new to the franchise. Born like 10 years ago. Really liked the Tv series. I have heard Fallout4 is better than Cyberpunk. (no, seriously, never played 4 and it's on a discount).
if you like looter shooters and dont mind the game being underwritten and the rpg aspects being really light id say go for it. its one of the worst sequels ever made but then so was 3

Organized city states were raised as soon as 2090 (Vault 8 in 2091, The Hub in 2093). Most of the Fallout/F2 gameplay focuses on dealing with dangers around those cities and within cities itself. Blasting of the Sands would not destroy whole NCR cause what with The Hub, The Adytum, The Vault City, The Arroyo, and so on. Some of thouse places were quite developed before joining the NCR. Eh, It's pointless isn't it?

Yes, they're fine too. So is Filly the landville trading post and other cities we encounter like the BoS' Lost Hills.

NCR is gone....because their government is gone and no one elected a new one.

Not because every single person in NCR is dead.

The point is that fusion already existing in miniaturised formats makes cold fusion as shown here pointless. The whole point of cold fusion is that it's easier to achieve and comparatively low energy, but if they already managed to miniaturise fusion, it implies that they either already have cold fusion, or worked around the problems of regular fusion processes. It could have been a better plot point if they made it about scaling up fusion to the point where it can actually power a city, but that still doesn't make a lot of sense when a bottle sized device already has several hundreds of kW output.
It's just shoddy writing, which is par for the course, really.

Yes and the Fusion Cores and Fusion Cells are batteries too. It's also canon that a large chunk of the American-Chinese Wars are motivated by resources like oil and uranium. Which is to say that unlimited energy is ABSOLUTELY a concern.

Last edited:
Yes, they're fine too. So is Filly the landville trading post and other cities we encounter like the BoS' Lost Hills.

NCR is gone....because their government is gone and no one elected a new one.

Not because every single person in NCR is dead.

Yes and the Fusion Cores and Fusion Cells are batteries too. It's also canon that a large chunk of the American-Chinese Wars are motivated by resources like oil and uranium. Which is to say that unlimited energy is ABSOLUTELY a concern.
Oh for sure, energy is a concern, but fusion cores and cells are not batteries. They're self contained fusion power plants (at least the microfusion cells are) explicitly, and for example the T51b was powered by a microfusion reactor. The way I see it fusion, on a small scale at least, was solved shortly before the war, but came to late to change the uranium based economy, especially for the rest of the world.
Also, having basically unlimited energy is not really a concern yet when your city is in radioactive ruins and apparently has been for the past 15-20 years, where apparently in true bethesdian Fallout fashion they have gotten zero shit done.
It is a rather nonsensical plot device and the same plot point was already stretching it in Fallout 4. Just making it cold fusion when the reactor in F4 was clearly based on a TOKAMAK doesn't make it better. It's a nonsensical plot device that does nothing until the end and has no tangible motivation for anyone, and worse it's a rehashed plot from an already borderline silly plot.

Why does anyone think that NCR will rebuild after this ending? Clearly we are going to get a fascist BoS state with power armor nazis.

Why does anyone think that NCR will rebuild after this ending? Clearly we are going to get a fascist BoS state with power armor nazis.
They haven't rebuilt shit in 20 years, but now they turned on the lights in their ruins so shit's okeydokey now.

Back