Fallout TV show coming 2024, featuring Vault 33 in Los Angeles

Next season will be Vault Tec and House fighting with armies of super mutants and death claws while Dollar Store New Girl is tasked to find a water chip for her vault (which she'll find in Vault 13, which was an experiment to create a cloned incel population with terrible taste in everything) and then marries a handsome albeit short, curly haired chess club captain with the coolest leather jacket in the entire wasteland, and instead of fireworks at their wedding they nuke New Vegas again.
Dude what the heck are you doing?

DON'T LEAK SEASON TWO'S SCRIPT LIKE THAT!

:shock: :jawdrop: :look: ;-)

Tim Cain regarding the premiere and the first episodes (he didn't watch everything).

Show impressions start at around 8 minutes.

Here is a spoiler for you: He will never say a negative word about it. :D Either he will praise it or simply say nothing. Hey, I guess if he will not say anything about the ending, then we know. :D

Here is a spoiler for you: He will never say a negative word about it. :D Either he will praise it or simply say nothing. Hey, I guess if he will not say anything about the ending, then we know. :D
Of course he's not gonna shit on it or at the very least mildly criticize it, he doesn't want to be part of the whole "old fallout fans versus bethesda fallout fans" war that has been going on since 2008.

Which is why i'm always confused when people ask developers to share their opinions about media that are a part of the franchise they worked on. They either gonna say it's good or try their hardest to avoid saying anything negative.

Last edited:
The most I could see him criticize is what happened to the NCR, but at the same time I think he's far more likely to broad strokes praise the work the people on the set did, which is both totally fair and very in character.

FWIW, I also don't think we're going to hear what we want to hear from Avellone (because he wants to destroy it all) or Sawyer (because of the way that he is). I can't think of any devs that have both the temperment and the opinion to say anything negative.

Tim Cain left the franchise after Fallout 1 was made anyways, so he probably doesn't cares about F2 or NV lore that much.

The most I could see him criticize is what happened to the NCR, but at the same time I think he's far more likely to broad strokes praise the work the people on the set did, which is both totally fair and very in character.

FWIW, I also don't think we're going to hear what we want to hear from Avellone (because he wants to destroy it all) or Sawyer (because of the way that he is). I can't think of any devs that have both the temperment and the opinion to say anything negative.

Yeah, People saying what they are about how New Vegas looks, this is the future that Chris Avellone wanted.

In fact if you look at it like this;

Jonathon Nolan
Rearrange those letters and you get "Chris Avellone secretly wrote this"

Chris you mad bastard, you did it again

Now that you mention it- the names of the TV show protagonists are anagrams for "Bear and Bull".

How could I not notice it?

If you go to Metacritic user reviews, they're polarized, like everything else these days. Many are 10s, really? The show is a perfect 10 you say?

Also many 0s and 1s.

All of these user review systems are corrupted by shills these days. I'm not saying I can tell what percentage are shills but some surely are.

Sample shill (10) review:
"I played every single Fallout game and I can assure you this show does an amazing job at placing you in that post-apocalyptic universe. It's lore-friendly for the most part, gory, and has a nice dark humour. I recommend !"

Pretty hilarious that much like Star Wars, Fallout is one of those franchises where there is disagreement between its creators and its fanbase about the way things "ought" to go. If Cain, Avellone, or Sawyer are all suspect, then what is Fallout anyway? Just an ideal in your mind. Maybe your fan mod of choice. Yet so many of them languish in obscurity and untranslated from Russian, only (recently) unearthed to English fans by Warlockracy.

Kill your darlings. Or whatever the reverse is. Kill your authors? Then go make your own darlings. Iron Tower Studio were the only guys on this forum who had the right idea- instead of persisting in the mangled legacies of some long-gone fallen empire, go build your own thing.

I feel like a lot of those mods miss the mark as well (at least for me), as they more or less are doing their own thing, just with the visual styles of the first two games.

Yeah that’s fine, I’m just listing them as an example of yet another thing that exists and that one can latch onto as their pure perfect interpretation of Fallout. Though aren’t there several ones that attempt to create Van Buren?

Gonna start claiming that Fallout Tactics was the only game that really “got” the universe and was the true way forward for the franchise.

Yeah that’s fine, I’m just listing them as an example of yet another thing that exists and that one can latch onto as their pure perfect interpretation of Fallout. Though aren’t there several ones that attempt to create Van Buren?

Gonna start claiming that Fallout Tactics was the only game that really “got” the universe and was the true way forward for the franchise.
Not too weird, lots of people claim Doom 64 was the one true Doom game or somehow the most defining game.

I had my doubts at first. But after watching and confirming. Bethesda is dead to me as a company. They will never do anything half compotent enough to not need a retcon.

If i were Tim Cain i wouldnt want my nane attached to this steaming pile of radioactive shit either. Like Russell said about the NCR in the someguyseries. Theyve all but neutered the spirit of the Mojave. And bethesda neutered the spirit of Fallout. We only live on in the mod community, fan films, and what once was.

I wouldn’t blame him if he didn’t, Bethesda was dead to me after fallout 4, the way they treat both the lore of the elder scrolls and fallout is fucking disgusting. Just look at the piss poor job they did with starfield and fallout 76, This is a company that doesn’t know what there doing and running on fumes. i wish another team could get the fallout rights from Bethesda. of course thats a fever dream since this is there cash cow.

Back