Fallout TV show coming 2024, featuring Vault 33 in Los Angeles

Fallout 2 is actually excellent. I'm on a playthrough.

However there were a time when I hadn't played the games for a long time and in my mind Fallout 1 got made into something much better than it actually is.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna deny that Fallout 2 and New Vegas have some questionable stuff (Fallout 2 having more), but to go "herpa derpa, only Fallout 1 had good writing hurr" is just flat out wrong.

And really, even Fallout 1 has some questionable stuff. All three of these games have flaws.

Only someone with a shitty opinion would say this.
Only someone who has a grasp on good writing would say this*
Fixed it for you, fag, you should try extending beyond just enjoying mediocre/subpar stories

Only someone who has a grasp on good writing would say this*
Fixed it for you, fag, you should try extending beyond just enjoying mediocre/subpar stories
Fallout is one of those franchises that, it was good the first time, it was half decent the second, it was a joke by the third game, and i'm counting Tactics as the third game in the franchise. I don't even need to get started on BoS, New Vegas or even the bethesda games lmao.

Definitely not you either considering how much you suck off this dead rat of a franchise.
Hilarious coming from someone that joined a forum that "sucks off this dead rat of a franchise".

Also, a 20 years old sure as shit doesn't know what "good writing" is. Your balls haven't even dropped off.

Hilarious coming from someone that joined a forum that "sucks off this dead rat of a franchise".

Also, a 20 years old sure as shit doesn't know what "good writing" is. Your balls haven't even dropped off.
No wonder why one of the staff says you have no friends lmao.

Just hilarious. At least when people criticized the retcons in the bethesda entries we had the entire game to comb over and look for those, these people are whining about apparent retcons when the show hasn't even came out.

And people whining about retcons in recent Fallout content are way too late to the party. You should have did that way back in 2008, not 15 years later when it no longer matters because internal consistency and lore are beyond repair at this point.
Even my best friend is now worried about the next Elder Scrolls game after I showed him this. I told him all about the Fallout series and he strangely agreed with me. I think he thinks Todd is a loose cannon who keeps fucking with consistency

Even my best friend is now worried about the next Elder Scrolls game after I showed him this. I told him all about the Fallout series and he strangely agreed with me. I think he thinks Todd is a loose cannon who keeps fucking with consistency
I was about to post why only now your friend is worried about Elder Scrolls 6, but i guess for someone that only cares about Elder Scrolls series and the last game in that series is a game most people love, i guess this could make someone worried if they think it's the direction and mentality that is gonna be used in Elder Scrolls 6.

But if you care for both series, Fallout 76 was more than enough reason to be worried about Elder Scrolls 6 and really anything Bethesda related.

But if you care for both series, Fallout 76 was more than enough reason to be worried about Elder Scrolls 6 and really anything Bethesda related.

And now Starfield soldified that anxiousness even further! It basically confirmed that Elder Scrolls 6 & Fallout 5 are gonna be both dead on arrival.

And now Starfield soldified that anxiousness even further! It basically confirmed that Elder Scrolls 6 & Fallout 5 are gonna be both dead on arrival.

I expect that there still be some hype and a reasonable audience number that will buy these games but perhaps we are now witnessing that both these IPs are past the height of their popularity (Elder Scrolls as a Bethesda own developed IP. Fallout after Bethesda bought the IP and continued it). It was going to happen sooner or later anyway as many of its players are becoming older and the number of new gamers discovering these series declining in numbers as they prefer other IPs and series. Teenage memories can no longer cover up for the flaws present in Bethesda's games the developers have refused to address.

The Fallout television series could revitalize interest in the Fallout franchise but I am not sure how many new watchers will actually check out the games. Possibly it may stabilize or slow down declining popularity as Bethesda fans are starting to question the future of the franchise.

On another note, I think the streaming series solidifies that the Fallout franchise is beyond the point of recovery, if it wasn't already. There is no way that the Bethesda crap can ever be separated from the setting and the lore again.

Beyond the point of recovery? Just play Colony Ship or Atom RPG or UnderRail and enjoy what you can of this show or don't. Stop worrying about the future of some soulless franchise.

Sorry I keep bringing it up Toront. Just so fucking disappointed that almost everything I put a lot of interest in has been in such a massive decline these last fifteen years. Combine that with some personal drama/frustration... and well it all feels like a black hole. There is probably a lesson in this of never becoming too passionate/obsessed about some escapism creation.

I was about to post why only now your friend is worried about Elder Scrolls 6, but i guess for someone that only cares about Elder Scrolls series and the last game in that series is a game most people love, i guess this could make someone worried if they think it's the direction and mentality that is gonna be used in Elder Scrolls 6.

Too damn true. My friend didn't really keep up with the series. But he heard about the shit on 76 and even played it and had friends show him the other fallout games. After that he was a tad worried. I think he was worried a bit even with Skyrim because of how streamlined it was in comparison to Daggerfall and Morrowind.

Sorry I keep bringing it up Toront. Just so fucking disappointed that almost everything I put a lot of interest in has been in such a massive decline these last fifteen years. Combine that with some personal drama/frustration... and well it all feels like a black hole. There is probably a lesson in this of never becoming too passionate/obsessed about some escapism creation.
Just gotta branch out and find something else.
I mean I still care about Fallout, if I didn't I'd just leave this place.
Everyone here still cares about Fallout to some degree we can't ever truly separate that connection that we have.
Just gotta come to terms with it.
Have you played Fallout 76 (for like 100 hours) yet? Cause it worked wonders are just making me accept that yeah, it's dead and it's time to move on.
It's as good of a closure as possible because it completely eliminates the idea that the series is ever recoverable.

As much as I love Underrail or Wasteland they are never going to have that nostalgic connection to Fallout. Nothing ever can.
I've stopped trying to find something to invest as much emotional connection to as I did with Fallout, it's not gonna happen.
I envy people who are into series that stayed good for a long time but for some of us that was never meant to be.
And I mean at a certain point it is just unhealthy to be a fan of something that clearly is just going to upset you over and over.

Pretty much everything I loved as a child is dead too.
Nothing's gonna change that.
Nothing new is gonna replace what I lost.
It's time to move on.

If you want a light in the shadow to cling onto then cling onto fan-made projects and ignore everything Bethesda does. :)

Bring it up all you like @The Dutch Ghost I just don't like seeing you sad brother. Find happiness where you can how you can.
You are like one of the only people on this site that actually sees fallout for what it is, a mediocre version of a boy and his dog riding the coattails of mad max without the stuff that actually makes those 2 things good.
Fallout 1 was good. Fallout 2 was just bad. Fallout 3 was bad but at least it did something new. New Vegas rode the coattails of 2 which in result makes it even worse than 2. we don't even talk about 4 or 76.
Maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't have written the first game like it was going to be the only game in the entire fucking franchise.

You are like one of the only people on this site that actually sees fallout for what it is, a mediocre version of a boy and his dog riding the coattails of mad max without the stuff that actually makes those 2 things good.
Fallout 1 was good. Fallout 2 was just bad. Fallout 3 was bad but at least it did something new. New Vegas rode the coattails of 2 which in result makes it even worse than 2. we don't even talk about 4 or 76.
Maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't have written the first game like it was going to be the only game in the entire fucking franchise.
and in result writing fucking sequels are going to be a pain in the ass.
Not even going to get started on the fallout bible. That made me want to blow my own brains out. They really did fell off.
I don't even fault bethesda for this. It was already dead before they got their hands on it.

Back