Fallout TV show coming 2024, featuring Vault 33 in Los Angeles

The franchise is reanimated, a rotting shambling corpse with pieces falling off of it. X_X It ain't quite dead, not yet at least.
I mean...
The Series is basically this right now truth be told:

Lumii_20231208_110333325.jpg

I don't really care, the franchise has been dead to me for a long while now, so it doesn't matter if they are doing shitty tv show spinoffs or crappy multiplayer games. The last thing of worth made with the franchise was New Vegas and that's that.

It is pretty fucking funny to think that the franchise has only one good game and yet join a forum dedicated solely to the franchise and proceed to whine at specific members about said franchise. I mean, the fuck are you doing here if you hate the majority of it? At least people that have given up on it like at least two of its games, some three of them.

I think he thinks Todd is a loose cannon who keeps fucking with consistency

Does your friend not know about all the retcons and lore inconsistencies for The Elder Scrolls series? They have been totally inconsistent with the lore ever since oblivion. Like why worry about lore consistency for Elder Scrolls now?

Does your friend not know about all the retcons and lore inconsistencies for The Elder Scrolls series? They have been totally inconsistent with the lore ever since oblivion. Like why worry about lore consistency for Elder Scrolls now?
Do people not consider Daggerfall's ending to be a retcon and a mess with the whole dragon break thing lol. I don't know I just know I couldn't care enough about this stuff eventually, especially with Elder Scrolls lol

I wouldn't be surprised if their friend started with Oblivion, so they most likely didn't even knew about the retcon of Cyrodill being changed from a jungle to a generic Lord of the Rings ripoff setting.

Was it a jungle or a rain forest? I've heard both claims made.
It had both. Cyrodill use to have a variety of climates.

"It is the largest region of the continent, and most is endless jungle. Its center, the grassland of the Nibenay Valley, is enclosed by an equatorial rain forest and broken up by rivers. As one travels south along these rivers, the more subtropical it becomes, until finally the land gives way to the swamps of Argonia and the placid waters of the Topal Bay. The elevation rises gradually to the west and sharply to the north. Between its western coast and its central valley there are all manner of deciduous forest and mangroves, becoming sparser towards the ocean."

-Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition

I mean frankly I quite enjoy FO1-2 and NV. I even like some parts of 3, although the whole package is retarded of course.

I mean frankly I quite enjoy FO1-2 and NV. I even like some parts of 3, although the whole package is retarded of course.
Truthfully. I enjoyed small parts of Fallout 3 as well. Mainly the atmosphere and aspects of exploration. But other than that, the story is poorly written and has terrible stand ins for characters. But hey Liam Neeson kills it in every role he plays. I'd never want to piss off old Qui Gon Jinn. I truly did wish I almost worked as a head writer for Bethesda just so they'd take my idea for lore that I wrote for the entire Carolinas region and let me run that project so it'd be its own story and respect the lore and tie into the original Fallouts in a loose way.

Only someone who has a grasp on good writing would say this*
Fixed it for you, fag, you should try extending beyond just enjoying mediocre/subpar stories

Shouldn't you be watching anime or some gay shit?

Fallout 2 is actually excellent. I'm on a playthrough.

However there were a time when I hadn't played the games for a long time and in my mind Fallout 1 got made into something much better than it actually is.

I actually discovered the series through Fallout 3 back in 06 when Bethesda announced they were making the third one (same year I first made an NMA account too). It was only then that I would go back to play the first two games and I have to say, despite the supposed C-RPG "Renaissance" we've experienced in the last eight or so years I still have never quite found a game like the first Fallout. Atom RPG was probably the closest a game has come to that traditional Fallout style for years, but even still it's not quite the same.

I would like to play through the original Wasteland one of these days. It's a goddamn shame Per's guide website got taken down.

Too damn true. My friend didn't really keep up with the series. But he heard about the shit on 76 and even played it and had friends show him the other fallout games. After that he was a tad worried. I think he was worried a bit even with Skyrim because of how streamlined it was in comparison to Daggerfall and Morrowind.

I mean no one should ever compare Daggerfall to any new TES anyways. Daggerfall and Arena were both the brain child of Julian La Fey.

Morrowind was going to be a La Fey game as well, until Todd came in and Julian was forced out. We could have gotten the entire province instead of fucking Vvardenfell, but I digress. TES post-Daggerfall really should just be considered an entirely different game series.

Last edited:
I actually discovered the series through Fallout 3 back in 06 when Bethesda announced they were making the third one (same year I first made an NMA account too). It was only then that I would go back to play the first two games and I have to say, despite the supposed C-RPG "Renaissance" we've experienced in the last eight or so years I still have never quite found a game like the first Fallout. Atom RPG was probably the closest a game has come to that traditional Fallout style for years, but even still it's not quite the same.
Have you played the F2 TC mod, Fallout 1.5: Resurrection? I think it comes pretty close to capturing the Fallout 1's, atmosphere. It's a great mod, would highly recommend.

A few new clips here. I like how the power armor has some practical design to it meaning not everything is cgi.

Let me necro this thread to say:
"I knew it!". The image on the first post is most certainly made by AI. And most likely to have been generated using Midjourney AI.

How do I know? I used AI to check it for me :roffle::
PKV87yO.jpeg

AmJxp2F.jpeg

By the way, has this series already been released? I haven't been following this at all. :look:

The image on the first post is most certainly made by AI. And most likely to have been generated using Midjourney AI.

Now do the script, when that’s out!

Last edited:
Let me necro this thread to say:
"I knew it!". The image on the first post is most certainly made by AI. And most likely to have been generated using Midjourney AI.

PKV87yO.jpeg

AmJxp2F.jpeg

By the way, has this series already been released? I haven't been following this at all. :look:

It's going to be on Amazon Prime on April 12th, 2024.

:ok:

Hmm, I am not very optimistic about this show after I read this short article:
https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/fallout-outsource-survival-human-race-jonathan-nolan-exclusive/

Here's a couple of quotes:
“Just as M*A*S*H gets to talk about Vietnam through the lens of the Korean War,” says Nolan, “we get to talk about the mess we’re in now through the lens of… ‘What if everybody just gets on with it and destroys the fucking world?”
“We talked a lot about The Good, The Bad And The Ugly,” says Wagner. “That’s three characters in search of a box of gold, so we asked ourselves, ‘What’s the gold in this world?’”

Getting influenced by M*A*S*H and The Good, The Bad And The Ugly could be good, but it seems like they might have gotten the wrong influences from those two works.

Back