Fallout TV show coming 2024, featuring Vault 33 in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by The_Proletarian, Aug 23, 2023.

1. TheKingofVault14

TheKingofVault14 Fallout Fan For Life!

Jul 5, 2022
    I mean...
    The Series is basically this right now truth be told:

Lumii_20231208_110333325.jpg

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  2. Norzan

Norzan So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Apr 7, 2017
    I don't really care, the franchise has been dead to me for a long while now, so it doesn't matter if they are doing shitty tv show spinoffs or crappy multiplayer games. The last thing of worth made with the franchise was New Vegas and that's that.

It is pretty fucking funny to think that the franchise has only one good game and yet join a forum dedicated solely to the franchise and proceed to whine at specific members about said franchise. I mean, the fuck are you doing here if you hate the majority of it? At least people that have given up on it like at least two of its games, some three of them.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    They aren't the hero we need, they are the hero we deserve.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. ironmask

ironmask A Smooth-Skin

Mar 10, 2018
    Does your friend not know about all the retcons and lore inconsistencies for The Elder Scrolls series? They have been totally inconsistent with the lore ever since oblivion. Like why worry about lore consistency for Elder Scrolls now?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  5. SquidWard

SquidWard Pirate and Bankrobber oTO Orderite

Jun 1, 2018
    Do people not consider Daggerfall's ending to be a retcon and a mess with the whole dragon break thing lol. I don't know I just know I couldn't care enough about this stuff eventually, especially with Elder Scrolls lol

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  6. Norzan

Norzan So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Apr 7, 2017
    I wouldn't be surprised if their friend started with Oblivion, so they most likely didn't even knew about the retcon of Cyrodill being changed from a jungle to a generic Lord of the Rings ripoff setting.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Was it a jungle or a rain forest? I've heard both claims made.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  8. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars. [REDACTED]

Jan 23, 2022
    Cyr O Dill sounds like a little Irish leprechaun.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. ironmask

ironmask A Smooth-Skin

Mar 10, 2018
    It had both. Cyrodill use to have a variety of climates.

"It is the largest region of the continent, and most is endless jungle. Its center, the grassland of the Nibenay Valley, is enclosed by an equatorial rain forest and broken up by rivers. As one travels south along these rivers, the more subtropical it becomes, until finally the land gives way to the swamps of Argonia and the placid waters of the Topal Bay. The elevation rises gradually to the west and sharply to the north. Between its western coast and its central valley there are all manner of deciduous forest and mangroves, becoming sparser towards the ocean."

-Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  10. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 12, 2020
    Isn’t that the same thing?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  11. ThatZenoGuy

ThatZenoGuy Residential Zealous Evolved Nano Organism

Nov 8, 2016
    I mean frankly I quite enjoy FO1-2 and NV. I even like some parts of 3, although the whole package is retarded of course.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  12. Sn1p3r187

Sn1p3r187 Carolinian Shaolin Monk

Apr 7, 2014
    Truthfully. I enjoyed small parts of Fallout 3 as well. Mainly the atmosphere and aspects of exploration. But other than that, the story is poorly written and has terrible stand ins for characters. But hey Liam Neeson kills it in every role he plays. I'd never want to piss off old Qui Gon Jinn. I truly did wish I almost worked as a head writer for Bethesda just so they'd take my idea for lore that I wrote for the entire Carolinas region and let me run that project so it'd be its own story and respect the lore and tie into the original Fallouts in a loose way.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  13. Mστh

Mστh The W'rkncacnter [REDACTED]

Mar 8, 2022
    Shouldn't you be watching anime or some gay shit?

I actually discovered the series through Fallout 3 back in 06 when Bethesda announced they were making the third one (same year I first made an NMA account too). It was only then that I would go back to play the first two games and I have to say, despite the supposed C-RPG "Renaissance" we've experienced in the last eight or so years I still have never quite found a game like the first Fallout. Atom RPG was probably the closest a game has come to that traditional Fallout style for years, but even still it's not quite the same.

I would like to play through the original Wasteland one of these days. It's a goddamn shame Per's guide website got taken down.

I mean no one should ever compare Daggerfall to any new TES anyways. Daggerfall and Arena were both the brain child of Julian La Fey.

Morrowind was going to be a La Fey game as well, until Todd came in and Julian was forced out. We could have gotten the entire province instead of fucking Vvardenfell, but I digress. TES post-Daggerfall really should just be considered an entirely different game series.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  14. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Guest

Wasteland Remastered is worth a shot.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  15. ironmask

ironmask A Smooth-Skin

Mar 10, 2018
    Have you played the F2 TC mod, Fallout 1.5: Resurrection? I think it comes pretty close to capturing the Fallout 1's, atmosphere. It's a great mod, would highly recommend.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  16. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Guest

A few new clips here. I like how the power armor has some practical design to it meaning not everything is cgi.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  17. Risewild

Risewild Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Let me necro this thread to say:
    "I knew it!". The image on the first post is most certainly made by AI. And most likely to have been generated using Midjourney AI.

How do I know? I used AI to check it for me :roffle::

By the way, has this series already been released? I haven't been following this at all. :look:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  18. PaxVenire

PaxVenire A Smooth-Skin

Oct 29, 2020
    Now do the script, when that’s out!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  19. TheKingofVault14

TheKingofVault14 Fallout Fan For Life!

Jul 5, 2022
    It's going to be on Amazon Prime on April 12th, 2024.

:ok:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  20. Risewild

Risewild Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Hmm, I am not very optimistic about this show after I read this short article:
    https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/fallout-outsource-survival-human-race-jonathan-nolan-exclusive/

Here's a couple of quotes:
    Getting influenced by M*A*S*H and The Good, The Bad And The Ugly could be good, but it seems like they might have gotten the wrong influences from those two works.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2