Fallout TV-show Teaser Trailer just dropped

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

Teaser trailer just dropped. What do you think? What is that monster with the big mouth?

a giant mutated axolotl
im all for finally having some new monsters and mutants

Aw dang, you beat me to it dude! Heh heh, well in that case since you didn't post these, here are the character posters:

fallout-lucy.jpg

4228539-fallout_ghouldoor_social.jpg

fallout-dog.jpg

fallout-maximus.jpg

So yeah regarding my thoughts on it, of course it has good visuals but other than that, I have low expectations for it. The fact that it's set in The West Coast where the original trilogy (FO1, 2, & NV) took place, they really are going to tramble on a lot of established lore there! And another thing which is more on personal taste, I don't like that they used Fallout 4's aesthetic for the show. I've said it on here before, I don't like 4's art direction & aesthetic, I prefer Adam Adamowicz's style which is Fallout 3's art direction & aesthetic if we're talking about Bethesda's Fallout games.

But yeah, since this is a TV Show and not another game installment in the series, I'll treat this show as its own thing with its own continuity. Todd's words mean NOTHING otherwise!

For now I'll be adopting the stance of...
If it's good, GREAT! If not, POINT & LAUGH!!!

And oh if turns out to be an absolute failure like Halo's TV Adaptation, you bet that I'm gonna be grabbing the popcorn!

:ok: :-D

I saw something about Vault 33 in Santa Monica, is that in this thing?

@TheKingofVault14 thanks! The top one looks like a skull, but I can't see anything similar in the other images.

Not gonna lie, ignoring the fact that its going to be to Fallout what Prince of Persia was to its game, it looks pretty damn good as a random new show.

I wish the main protagonist wasnt female though tbh.

I think the thing that sucks the most is that this basically confirms the NCR won in New Vegas, I would have prefered much more if it was around the north-midwestern section of the US, that way they could have visited a new place of the west without having to touch pre existing lore

I have a little bit of hope, Jonathan Nolan wrote Interstellar which is really damn good, and his brother Christopher just directed Oppenheimer which was incredible, so im betting that he got at least a little bit of help from Christopher and tried the most he could to escape Bethesda's influence while directing.

@TheKingofVault14 thanks! The top one looks like a skull, but I can't see anything similar in the other images.

No problem! I figured they should be posted on here alongside the official trailer.

:ok:

And on a side note...

I've noticed this being the stance for a lot of people on Social Media regarding the show: (besides the Bethesda Shills of course!)

Lumii_20231202_123741325.jpg

It's a good thing people are being more cautious & weary, on whether it's actually gonna be good or not, instead of straight up buying into all the hype! :-)

I think the thing that sucks the most is that this basically confirms the NCR won in New Vegas, I would have prefered much more if it was around the north-midwestern section of the US, that way they could have visited a new place of the west without having to touch pre existing lore
Exactly! I'm in total agreement with this!!!

:clap: :ok:

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Also it's hard to notice, but they kept the classic style for the pre war cities, sky scrappers being taller, having weird end points either using domes or wacky shapes, etc...
Jonathan did his homework.

The one thing that got me hoping was that it namedropped The boys. Heading down that road could be a good thing.

The fact that it is set on the west coast, in L.A. and there is no sign of NCR but there is a (most likely) Brotherhood airship and an established B.O.S. presence is a real turn off for me.

What confirms NCR victory?

I have a little bit of hope, Jonathan Nolan wrote Interstellar which is really damn good, and his brother Christopher just directed Oppenheimer which was incredible, so im betting that he got at least a little bit of help from Christopher and tried the most he could to escape Bethesda's influence while directing.

They have no influence over how this turns out minus the setting - they just want someone to make them more money.

I really hope it doesn't fuck up previous lore, brotherhood is supposed to be hiding in bunkers after the ncr-brotherhood war. But they are wandering around in vertibirds, thats really alarming.

It is still connected to the Todd and the Christopher Nolan's brother that made Westworld.
Westworld was crash and burn of unbelievable proportions after solid first season.
It was as if they made normal show to lure you and then opened the woke floodgates for the second season.
Or had to do CRT/DEI workshops in the break between seasons.

Add Amazon after Rings of Power into the mix and...

There is also something with CGI that makes it look like B-production.

I was sceptical before this trailer, and I'm sceptical after it.

What confirms NCR victory?

There's leaked photos of the sets and the NCR seems to still be standing cause there's an NCR flag in the new vault, which basically means that stuff like the Legion ending couldn't be canon because if they won they would have already conquered California by the point the show takes place in.

new-set-photos-from-the-fallout-tv-show-show-an-ncr-flag-on-v0-l7jc2e3tcuja1.jpg

Independent Vegas and House endings could have happened, but I see it more likely as a confirmation that yes NCR won

Uhh yeah the NCR "won" they are in Vegas and never mentioned being raped out of the region. Derp.

Westworld was crash and burn of unbelievable proportions after solid first season.
It was as if they made normal show to lure you and then opened the woke floodgates for the second season.
Ok, come on. Westworld season 2 didn’t suck because of wokeness, the writing just sucked.

Anyway, parts of this look good. I like the desert setting. I like how that one guy (looks like Chris Parnell) is a cyclops, though there really shouldn’t be mutants like that in the vault. But I hate all the Fallout 4 stuff, naturally. Walton Goggins’ ghoul looks terrible. I get that it would take a ton of makeup to make a good ghoul and it would hide a lot of the actor’s expressions and stuff, but come on. He looks like a normal guy without a nose or eyebrows.

It would’ve been cool to give that Yao-guai an extra head. Or make dogmeat an Australian cattle dog.

HAHAH WOKE HAHAHAAHA YOU POOR LOSER. Yeah Westworld S2 failed because they killed off Anthony Hopkins in S1. Nothing more than that. It's not rocket science.

I haven't seen S2 because why would I? But didn't they exand the universe too much and shit like that?

Back