Fallout TV-show Teaser Trailer just dropped

Total deal breaker. Perhaps all vaults were not built inside mountains so ya know people would need a door to go into. Hard to say from the image.

There is a zoomed out shot of Santa Monica where you can see the vault entrance at the bottom left, it’s out in the open daylight, I doubt it would’ve been missed by the Master.

Attachments

• IMG_0795.png
    IMG_0795.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 123
In Fallout 2 it's stated that the Vaults were located 200 feet below the ground. So there's that. They were supposed to protect from nukes.

The entrance can be above ground, while shelter is found deep below ground. It's not worlds apart from Vault 8 is it?
fRejz8W.png

Is it known around which year it's meant to be set?
edit:
Amazon Prime's Fallout TV series takes place after the events of all the Fallout video games in 2296

Would also be interesting to know if there was meant to be a building or structure on top of Vault 33, and which building it would have been. Kind of looks like everything around it is rubble, but is that a road just next to it? So the vault was in the basement of the building?
it6Dq9B.png

Edit: In fact, it looks like there's a side view of that "road" in the trailer, which then appear to be a floor of a flattened building (maybe even a garage level?). All kinds of funky structures and architectural choices there. Probably some grand hall where you signed the papers to get entrance to the vault. I bet the vault dweller will see those bodies (at the lower right in the second pic, next to the pillar I marked in red) and they're going to be people who weren't let into the vault. Strangely enough they're intact, compared to the bones directly outside the vault entrance. This detail is going to be haunting me until the show releases.
bNLsUSM.jpg

Add: There's a whole lot of snow (and snowy mountains) in this image:
RN5yiL0.png

Isn't that just because it's the only really successful show on amazon prime video with vaguely similar target demographic?
I mean, it seems more like they actually could not come up with anything else so they had to write "we made The Boys and also you can buy stuff and get free shipping", because there are no other good shows on there. Kinda pathetic really.
I understand that this could very well be the reason, but I'd prefer to think it's because the show lends some of its qualities and style. The boys has a rawness/grit which combined with the excess bloody gore of Fallout could work well. It could be over the top with a serious tone.

Also, the Brotherhood really shouldn't have a military of this size. As far as we're aware, they're still sqaullering in bunkers like hermits due to their defeat in the NCR-Brotherhood war, so how on earth they were able to mass produce or find vertibirds and then create an airship of the same design and scale of the Prydwen is beyond me. Even if they were to broker a peace with the NCR, it seems unlikely the NCR would allow the Brotherhood to expand their military to this extent given what happened last time.

I don't think that airship is the same design as the prydwen.. I think it is the prydwen

View attachment 27898

Come on, dude. That’s not a ghoul. Imagine this guy calling you a smoothskin.
That has to be the worst ghoul i ever seen. They most likely don't want the actor to be completely unrecognizable, but that's just someone without a nose.

Goggins will be a fan favorite and I do not know what crack you people are smoking that say he does not look good but I want some.
I want to know what kind of crack you are on to think it looks good. Just because it's your favourite actor doesn't instantly make it good.

Nah, Boats in the desert are just a thing they do now.
041821.jpg

like the mad max game.
wa8n1la8eku91.jpg

Or Battlefield Bad Company 2.

nukes sucked the oceans.. and well.. they sucked them gud :wiggle:. they couldn't level a city but they sure dried up all the water lmao
or maybe it was the Zetan aliens that did it O.o

i kinda have to disagree. the ghoul they showed in the trailer looks more like a burn ward patient without a nose. like wheres the flaky skin, rotten teeth, the deformities? some people might look past this, but its these small details that make all the difference. the cyclops overseer looked cool tho.

Last edited:
Either I am giving way too much credit to their due diligence or you're giving too little. Herein lies a choice and I pick the former path because I want to believe. Just look at this glory

nQTVgW1.png

z8eZPwW.png

Source:

Also, like.. Sorry my daughter, I've made a lot of tough decisions since I took this position. But none of them harder than this one. You saved us, but you'll kill us. I'm sorry. You're a hero... and you have to leave.
D40Rors.png

Last edited:
I don't think that airship is the same design as the prydwen.. I think it is the prydwen

They call it the "Caswennan", which I believe is the name of the sandbank where King Arthur's ship the "Prydwen" wrecked in Arthurian legend. So it is essentially the Prydwen, even the naming convention is similar, but they've chosen to rename it. Either way, makes no sense for it to be there.

I always thought " The Ship in the Desert " was a nod to " Close Encounters of the third kind ". As the GM said, Boats in the desert are just a thing they do now.

Boats end up in all type of places now.
7f3f3d5a038da2b89dba6cd8405dcbd8.jpg

how the fuck did that even happen anyway?

Last edited:
I agree that Rivet city would be closer to something Todd would approve of. I noticed the main character walks up close judging from the steps in the sand so it holds some significance to the story. Bet there will be either a view from the top, to give us a better look at the surroundings, or an upclose look at the ship's name which would be printed there. Maybe both

LfF2n3S.png

I saw a comment on Reddit awhile ago that I thought was funny, wish I could find it again. Something along the lines of “I hear this show is going to be faithful to the Bethesda games by having each episode retcon the previous one.”

I agree that Rivet city would be closer to something Todd would approve of. I noticed the main character walks up close judging from the steps in the sand so it holds some significance to the story. Bet there will be either a view from the top, to give us a better look at the surroundings, or an upclose look at the ship's name which would be printed there. Maybe both

LfF2n3S.png
Perhaps something on the manifest she needs to find.

Back