Fallout TV-show Teaser Trailer just dropped

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by The_Proletarian, Dec 2, 2023.

1. ExcelUp

ExcelUp First time out of the vault

Mar 10, 2019
    There is a zoomed out shot of Santa Monica where you can see the vault entrance at the bottom left, it’s out in the open daylight, I doubt it would’ve been missed by the Master.

Attached Files:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  2. The_Proletarian

The_Proletarian Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    In Fallout 2 it's stated that the Vaults were located 200 feet below the ground. So there's that. They were supposed to protect from nukes.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 5
  3. monsharen

monsharen Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Staff Member Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

Apr 2, 2005
    The entrance can be above ground, while shelter is found deep below ground. It's not worlds apart from Vault 8 is it?

Is it known around which year it's meant to be set?
    edit:
    Would also be interesting to know if there was meant to be a building or structure on top of Vault 33, and which building it would have been. Kind of looks like everything around it is rubble, but is that a road just next to it? So the vault was in the basement of the building?

Edit: In fact, it looks like there's a side view of that "road" in the trailer, which then appear to be a floor of a flattened building (maybe even a garage level?). All kinds of funky structures and architectural choices there. Probably some grand hall where you signed the papers to get entrance to the vault. I bet the vault dweller will see those bodies (at the lower right in the second pic, next to the pillar I marked in red) and they're going to be people who weren't let into the vault. Strangely enough they're intact, compared to the bones directly outside the vault entrance. This detail is going to be haunting me until the show releases.

Add: There's a whole lot of snow (and snowy mountains) in this image:

I understand that this could very well be the reason, but I'd prefer to think it's because the show lends some of its qualities and style. The boys has a rawness/grit which combined with the excess bloody gore of Fallout could work well. It could be over the top with a serious tone.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  4. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars. [REDACTED]

Jan 23, 2022
    Wtf happened to method acting ? A few splashes of battery acid never hurt anyone.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  5. Bawls Lover

Bawls Lover First time out of the vault

May 4, 2023
    I don't think that airship is the same design as the prydwen.. I think it is the prydwen

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  6. Norzan

Norzan So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Apr 7, 2017
    That has to be the worst ghoul i ever seen. They most likely don't want the actor to be completely unrecognizable, but that's just someone without a nose.

I want to know what kind of crack you are on to think it looks good. Just because it's your favourite actor doesn't instantly make it good.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  7. monsharen

Apr 2, 2005
    Is there any significance to the tanker? A nod to Fallout 2? A hint of the fate of the Tanker vagrants?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Nah, Boats in the desert are just a thing they do now.

like the mad max game.

Or Battlefield Bad Company 2.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 7
  9. raynor009

raynor009 Yeehaw!?!

Apr 29, 2012
    nukes sucked the oceans.. and well.. they sucked them gud :wiggle:. they couldn't level a city but they sure dried up all the water lmao
    or maybe it was the Zetan aliens that did it O.o

i kinda have to disagree. the ghoul they showed in the trailer looks more like a burn ward patient without a nose. like wheres the flaky skin, rotten teeth, the deformities? some people might look past this, but its these small details that make all the difference. the cyclops overseer looked cool tho.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  10. monsharen

Apr 2, 2005
    Either I am giving way too much credit to their due diligence or you're giving too little. Herein lies a choice and I pick the former path because I want to believe. Just look at this glory

Source:

Also, like.. Sorry my daughter, I've made a lot of tough decisions since I took this position. But none of them harder than this one. You saved us, but you'll kill us. I'm sorry. You're a hero... and you have to leave.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  11. ExcelUp

ExcelUp First time out of the vault

Mar 10, 2019
    They call it the "Caswennan", which I believe is the name of the sandbank where King Arthur's ship the "Prydwen" wrecked in Arthurian legend. So it is essentially the Prydwen, even the naming convention is similar, but they've chosen to rename it. Either way, makes no sense for it to be there.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  12. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars. [REDACTED]

Jan 23, 2022
    I always thought " The Ship in the Desert " was a nod to " Close Encounters of the third kind ". As the GM said, Boats in the desert are just a thing they do now.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Boats end up in all type of places now.
    how the fuck did that even happen anyway?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  14. raynor009

raynor009 Yeehaw!?!

Apr 29, 2012
    image source?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  15. JoacoN

JoacoN First time out of the vault

Oct 27, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  16. TheKingofVault14

TheKingofVault14 Fallout Fan For Life!

Jul 5, 2022
    Heh heh, didn't this happen to The USS Constitution in Fallout 4? Because it sure does remind me of the ending of that side quest!

:clap: :roffle:

17. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos Vault Senior Citizen

May 12, 2020
    Tidal waves.

I assumed the ship in the desert was a reference to Rivet City. I think the PMV Valdez is giving them too much credit.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  18. monsharen

Apr 2, 2005
    I agree that Rivet city would be closer to something Todd would approve of. I noticed the main character walks up close judging from the steps in the sand so it holds some significance to the story. Bet there will be either a view from the top, to give us a better look at the surroundings, or an upclose look at the ship's name which would be printed there. Maybe both

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  19. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos Vault Senior Citizen

May 12, 2020
    I saw a comment on Reddit awhile ago that I thought was funny, wish I could find it again. Something along the lines of “I hear this show is going to be faithful to the Bethesda games by having each episode retcon the previous one.”

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  20. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Guest

Perhaps something on the manifest she needs to find.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3