Fallout: Vault Archives PnP Revised Edition

This is all very cool, I'm thinking of using It on a campaign of mine (with a few changes to small/energy weapons).
Excellent work!

This looks incredible Atomic, it really does. Like I've said before if you ever need a extra player for session PLEASE hit me up. Do you have aspirations on developing tabletop games? Because I think you've found your niche. Really great work man keep it going.

This is all very cool, I'm thinking of using It on a campaign of mine (with a few changes to small/energy weapons).
Excellent work!
Thanks! What kind of changes were you thinking of making?

This looks incredible Atomic, it really does. Like I've said before if you ever need a extra player for session PLEASE hit me up. Do you have aspirations on developing tabletop games? Because I think you've found your niche. Really great work man keep it going.

Also thanks! and I've looked into it before but it seems a largely thankless industry. Unless you're working directly for Wizards of the Coast, apparently most tabletop developers also have other jobs. Not for me, but, I do it for fun still.

Thanks! What kind of changes were you thinking of making?
I'm making them more like Fallout1/2 instead of NV, lowering their ammo capacity and changing their dmg. I'm also thinking of changing their gimick from overcharge to incredible modability on the go or something. (Also adding weapon/armor mods and some extra weapons/armor/perks but that's not really important.) Don't expect anything good to come out of this, I'm just doing this for fun, I have almost no experience with tweaking pnp systems.

Also one question: Is there a reason you didn't add the gauss pistol?

I'm making them more like Fallout1/2 instead of NV, lowering their ammo capacity and changing their dmg. I'm also thinking of changing their gimick from overcharge to incredible modability on the go or something. (Also adding weapon/armor mods and some extra weapons/armor/perks but that's not really important.) Don't expect anything good to come out of this, I'm just doing this for fun, I have almost no experience with tweaking pnp systems.

Also one question: Is there a reason you didn't add the gauss pistol?

F1/F2 equivalents of energy weapons exist in the system. Plasma Caster and Laser Rifle hold the same stats and damage as they do in F1-F2 for example.

I would perhaps warn against lowering their ammo capacity unless you also plan on making their ammunition cheaper. The idea is that they have large magazines but once spent it'll be some time before the players get their hands on more ammo or at the very least it'll cost them.

As for the Gauss Pistol, I just never liked it on principle. Always felt like an afterthought of a weapon.

Also @Alcanik

If you're interested, I have a thread up with a worldbook for a campaign I wrote with this system in mind based off of Van Buren and New Vegas lore:

https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-van-buren-worldbook-finished-map-and-pdf-inside.220614/

I have also been running a campaign with this system in that setting since September and post regular updates in that thread recapping what's happened

I'm actually running a session tonight: the party are arriving at the Grand Canyon, home of a very young Caesars Legion.

I've been using this system as a first time GM, was digging around for weeks on the web for a good system to play Fallout and I'm glad I found this. Wasn't looking forward to trying to make a conversion or add onto one for another system. Decided to have my campaign take place almost twenty years after the events of New Vegas, where House is alive and running things. Started my party off in the ruins of San Francisco which I made in to a jungle via the Shi and their experiments with those vines mentioned in 2. Going for a science run amok theme for the campaign.

Back