Fauna, Flora, Factions, and Facilities of the Wasteland

Gotcha, I'm still looking but I'll dump it here, first thing when I stumble upon it.

Edit: Here it is, I never really finished it so it might be a little pale.
The Lost Creek tribe, a resilient semi nomadic community with its identity rooting in a complex evolution shaped by the harsh realities of the post-apocalyptic world. tracing it's origins back to a group of military personnel and survivors who came together in the aftermath of the Great War. Both of the groups would be drawing mutually beneficially on both military training and survival instincts, as they would eventually be fused together to form a homogenous tight-knit community with a common goal and identity. The tribe withstood the test of time in the mountainous terrains of Montana, as a small but formidable force utilizing guerilla tactics they were able to carve out their existence. And as their resourcefulness and adaptability allowed them to navigate the harsh environment, they would rely on their expertise in farming, hunting, warfare and scouting to procure food and supplies. Led by a council of experienced elders each respectfully versed in various and primary skills, the tribe has an established structured hierarchy that ensures efficient leadership and resource management. Their cautious approach towards outsiders is generally driven by their deep-seated distrust and xenophobia. Despite facing challenges presented by their reliance on the environment and their unwavering adherence to their primitive beliefs, the tribe thrive in the mountains of Montana, having mastered the art of survival in the rugged terrain. utilizing their ancestors military knowledge and survival skills to persevere in the unforgiving post-apocalyptic world.

Last edited:
Gotcha, I'm still looking but I'll dump it here, first thing when I stumble upon it.

The Lost Creek tribe, a resilient semi nomadic community with its identity rooting in a complex evolution shaped by the harsh realities of the post-apocalyptic world. tracing it's origins back to a group of military personnel and survivors who came together in the aftermath of the Great War. Drawing individually on both military training and survival instincts, as they would eventually be fused together to form a homogenous tight-knit community with a common goal and identity. The tribe withstood the test of time in the mountainous terrains of Montana, as a small but formidable force utilizing guerilla tactics they were able to carve out their existence. And as their resourcefulness and adaptability allowed them to navigate the harsh environment, they would rely on their expertise in farming, hunting, warfare and scouting to procure food and supplies. Led by a council of experienced elders each respectfully versed in various and primary skills, the tribe has an established structured hierarchy that ensures efficient leadership and resource management. Their cautious approach towards outsiders is generally driven by their deep-seated distrust and xenophobia. Despite facing challenges presented by their reliance on the environment and their unwavering adherence to their primitive beliefs, the tribe thrive in the mountains of Montana, having mastered the art of survival in the rugged terrain. utilizing their ancestors military knowledge and survival skills to persevere in the unforgiving post-apocalyptic world.

0170c496a55d6b0abab95e576e6d2eec6bb53ea9889b4dfba931842cf48c52ae_1.webp

ifunny certified

The Lost Creek tribe, a resilient semi nomadic community with its identity rooting in a complex evolution shaped by the harsh realities of the post-apocalyptic world. tracing it's origins back to a group of military personnel and survivors who came together in the aftermath of the Great War. Both of the groups would be drawing mutually beneficially on both military training and survival instincts, as they would eventually be fused together to form a homogenous tight-knit community with a common goal and identity. The tribe withstood the test of time in the mountainous terrains of Montana, as a small but formidable force utilizing guerilla tactics they were able to carve out their existence. And as their resourcefulness and adaptability allowed them to navigate the harsh environment, they would rely on their expertise in farming, hunting, warfare and scouting to procure food and supplies. Led by a council of experienced elders each respectfully versed in various and primary skills, the tribe has an established structured hierarchy that ensures efficient leadership and resource management. Their cautious approach towards outsiders is generally driven by their deep-seated distrust and xenophobia. Despite facing challenges presented by their reliance on the environment and their unwavering adherence to their primitive beliefs, the tribe thrive in the mountains of Montana, having mastered the art of survival in the rugged terrain. utilizing their ancestors military knowledge and survival skills to persevere in the unforgiving post-apocalyptic world.

I like the Montana setting and military origin, overall though it's pretty underdeveloped in terms of tribal beliefs and uniform, I'd like to know more about their creation myth if you have one for them, that's always fun to read about. Also how they look in terms of uniform or body paint. Montana is actually one of the more obscure states I'd love to see a Fallout in, even though A) I've never been there and B) Nor do I have family/friends there. I don't know why I like the setting so much, I just do. I came up with an idea for a raider faction from Montana a long while ago, I'll put below if you're interested:

Edmonton Rebels

On the day of the Great War, a small cell of liberation fighters from Alberta fighting against the US annexation of Canada ambushes and seizes a Vault in Northern Montana, killing the Vault Dwellers who were meant to shelter there, and sealing themselves off while the world they know burns around them. Unbeknownst to them, the Vault's purpose was to be the last old world dairy and livestock farm, and as such the Vault was only given enough food for a couple years as the Dwellers, who were farmers hand-picked to reside there, were meant to live off the cattle. None of the Rebels were capable farmers, and the cattle eventually died out due to mistreatment, sickness, or being eaten, leaving them with nothing after their food/water was spent.

With no resources left, they turned to the outside world, desperately sacking what little settlements or scavers they come across in the early years after the war, usually raiding in the nighttime as to not give away their Vault base of operations.

Last edited:
OIG4.jpeg

The Lost Creek tribe worship a set of deities, who represent various aspects of life and survival in post war Montana.

Moota Kreeshla Baer, is the goddess of nature, order, fertility wisdom, hunting, and good fortune.
She is associated with the Yao Guai, daylight, and the sun, and is the favoured patron goddess of the tribes Spiritual caste.
When the winther snow melts every female whom has come of age has to care for a Mutowlark egg til it hatches.
Failure in doing so results in immediate banishment from the tribe as they would then seen as cursed.

OIG2.X.2.jpeg

Paater Whuo Kraein, is the god of justice, death, misfortune, diseases, suffering and pain.
He is associated with the mutated Whooping Crane, night time, the moon. -
Every full moon the strongest hunter of the tribe gets picked and is not to return til he has slayn a Whoopa. Failing this ritual also results in immediate banishment due to the same supersticious beliefs.

Just a little meat for the bones hehe, I'll update it if anything pops to mind.

Last edited:
Disclaimer I just wrote this in a hurry.*

The Lost Creek tribe worship a set of deities, who represent various aspects of life and survival in post war Montana.

Moota Kreeshla Baer, is the goddess of nature, order, fertility wisdom, hunting, and good fortune.
She is associated with the Yao Guai, daylight, and the sun, and is the favoured patron goddess of the tribes Spiritual caste.
When the winther snow melts every female whom has come of age has to care for a Mutowlark egg til it hatches.
Failure in in doing so results in immediate banishment from the tribe as they then seen as cursed.

Paader Whuo Kraein, is the god of justice, death, misfortune, diceases, suffering and pain.
He is associated with Whooping Crane, night time, the moon. -
Every full moon the strongest hunter of the tribe gets picked and is not to return til he has slayn a Whoopa.
Failing this ritual also results in immediate banishment due to the same supersticious beliefs.

Just a little meat for the bones hehe, I'll update it if anything pops to mind.

I'm digging it so far! Love the idea of mutated Meadowlarks and Whooping Cranes, very creative. How many gods are in their pantheon roughly, and as for those who are banished, have they formed their own exile settlement? If so, are they at odds with their former tribe, or do they genuinely believe they've been spurned and deserved it?

I'm digging it so far! Love the idea of mutated Meadowlarks and Whooping Cranes, very creative. How many gods are in their pantheon roughly, and as for those who are banished, have they formed their own exile settlement? If so, are they at odds with their former tribe, or do they genuinely believe they've been spurned and deserved it?
Thanks alot, I haven't made up a specific number yet but I think I'm gonna go with one for every animal within the tribes domaine that somehow influences the tribals daily life. With the mutated Whooper Crane and Yao Guai being the two top predators of the "totempole". - And yea for the banished I imagine it would be a similairish scenario like leaving the vault. Fish out of the water, if you catch my drift. Their fates is all open to serveal different outcomes. Some may've tried to join the more ''civilized'' world. Some may've wandered aimlessly without a sense of direction, others could have succumed due to naivity morally and ethically. A few ones may even have stayed close to the tribe and secretly alerting their kin of any impending danger. I guess we could call em ''Ghosts of the mountain.''

Edit: lol guess I'm picking up this project again.

Last edited:
Speaking of which. I should do a flora and fauna, and culture of post nuclear wasteland carolinas. because i pretty much have a story wrote out. Just not the other aspects. which i will work on

Speaking of which. I should do a flora and fauna, and culture of post nuclear wasteland carolinas. because i pretty much have a story wrote out. Just not the other aspects. which i will work on

I would be very interested in hearing what you've come up with if you're comfortable sharing.

I don’t have a document written up or anything, but I’ve had an idea for a fire-worshipping raider tribe/cult for a while now. I like the idea of post-apocalyptic societies/religions arising from radically misinterpreted aspects of the pre-war world, so these guys would model themselves after pre-war firefighters. Though of course, they’d believe these ancient “Fire Men” were gods that once walked the earth, whom eventually burned the world down as punishment for not properly worshipping fire, subsequently abandoning humanity for some fiery underworld.

They’d believe that Fire Men created humanity out of ash, and when we die, our remains must be burnt to ash or else our soul will remain trapped forever. As such, they have a habit of ritualistically burning corpses of fallen comrades, innocents, and even enemies they consider worthy of the afterlife. Self-immolation is considered to be among the most honorable things a person can do, an honor that they gleefully extend to human sacrifices captured in raids.

Other than that, they’d worship firefighter paraphernalia (hats, extinguishers, axes, etc), regard the ruins of fire hydrants, fire trucks, and firehouses as holy sites (especially firehouses, which they believe to quite literally be former houses of the gods), and would believe in a bunch of esoteric nonsense, like thinking that doors are blasphemous (they’ve seen one too many “Do Not Block Fire Exit” signs).

I call them the Order of the Fire Chief, solely because I once saw a sign above a fire extinguisher that read “Do Not Remove By Order of Fire Chief” and thought it sounded cool. It follows the same naming convention used by Arefu and Novac, naming themselves after a faded sign. Naturally, their leader would be called the Fire Chief.

I like the idea of post-apocalyptic societies/religions arising from radically misinterpreted aspects of the pre-war world, so these guys would model themselves after pre-war firefighters. Though of course, they’d believe these ancient “Fire Men” were gods that once walked the earth, whom eventually burned the world down as punishment for not properly worshipping fire, subsequently abandoning humanity for some fiery underworld.

This is a neat tribe concept, I also like when tribes are formed from misinterpretations. If I might add onto it, perhaps their “knowledge” of what firefighters did comes from a surviving copy of the novel Fahrenheit 451 which they interpret as nonfictional.

They’d believe that Fire Men created humanity out of ash, and when we die, our remains must be burnt to ash or else our soul will remain trapped forever. As such, they have a habit of ritualistically burning corpses of fallen comrades, innocents, and even enemies they consider worthy of the afterlife. Self-immolation is considered to be among the most honorable things a person can do, an honor that they gleefully extend to human sacrifices captured in raids.

This is a really dope detail.

I call them the Order of the Fire Chief, solely because I once saw a sign above a fire extinguisher that read “Do Not Remove By Order of Fire Chief” and thought it sounded cool. It follows the same naming convention used by Arefu and Novac, naming themselves after a faded sign. Naturally, their leader would be called the Fire Chief.

Also really cool.

This is a neat tribe concept, I also like when tribes are formed from misinterpretations. If I might add onto it, perhaps their “knowledge” of what firefighters did comes from a surviving copy of the novel Fahrenheit 451 which they interpret as nonfictional.
I'd avoid pop-culture misinterpretations. The Kings being the exception that proves the rule.

I'd avoid pop-culture misinterpretations. The Kings being the exception that proves the rule.

I think it depends on the way you use pop culture. Using the Kings as an example since you brought it up, they talk like Elvis, dress like Elvis, dance like Elvis, but don’t even know the guy’s name. Talking to the King about his gang’s history, he mentions he just found Holotapes of some guy and fucked with his vibe. It’s stupid, but their faction is still compelling aside. Similarly, perhaps this tribe doesn’t name drop Fahrenheit 451 all the time, nor bash you over the head with the fact that it’s one of the inspirations their culture derives from, but rather talking to the Fire Chief about their history will reveal that book was amongst where the tribe gained their knowledge.

I kinda like this idea of a community that interprets the pre-war world's obsession with consumerism as a form of worship. Like they believe that material possessions hold spiritual significance, resulting in a community focused on hoarding and gathering relics of the past.

Edit: Or a group of wastelanders whom comes across a stash of old comic books, which they misinterpret the superhuman abilities of the superheroes as real historical figures and create a new religion around them, with each hero representing a different aspect of some divinity.

Last edited:
Thanks, and I like the Fahrenheit 451 idea (I’m sure my idea was subconsciously inspired by that book anyway) except that it almost gives them too much of a justification for their religion, if that makes sense. Like, I’d rather that the original founders took serious leaps in logic while crafting their belief system, like seeing the word “firemen” in a book or something and assuming it literally meant “men of fire” and then letting their imaginations run wild, then they’d extrapolate that the firemen must’ve been responsible for everything looking all burnt down and destroyed, and so on.

Anyway, it’s not the most fleshed out idea, I just wanted to come up with a raider cult like the Vipers were gonna be, one that you could transplant to pretty much any location in the setting because firefighters are universal.

Thanks, and I like the Fahrenheit 451 idea (I’m sure my idea was subconsciously inspired by that book anyway) except that it almost gives them too much of a justification for their religion, if that makes sense. Like, I’d rather that the original founders took serious leaps in logic while crafting their belief system, like seeing the word “firemen” in a book or something and assuming it literally meant “men of fire” and then letting their imaginations run wild, then they’d extrapolate that the firemen must’ve been responsible for everything looking all burnt down and destroyed, and so on.

Anyway, it’s not the most fleshed out idea, I just wanted to come up with a raider cult like the Vipers were gonna be, one that you could transplant to pretty much any location in the setting because firefighters are universal.
It's amazing how your idea could link to a tiny thing in Fallout 3.

There's a pre-war poster with a fireman that asks "Where will you be when the holocaust comes?" that has a nuke explosion in the distance. If I were a tribal that worshipped firemen based on pre-war stuff, it wouldn't take much for me to see that poster and think they caused the apocalypse.

CivilDefensePoster.png

Despite being one of the most controversial additions to the Fallout lore, tribal shit is super fun to read and write about.

For your rewrite of Fallout 3, I think having a major storyline for Talon Company could be cool. Talon Company is vying for control of the Capital Wasteland, They are battling and defeating Raider Tribes, and absorbing warriors from conquered Tribes into their ranks, Commander Jabsco views himself as some military dictator,

Back